Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 1:02:15 PM EDT
At work, I am known as a no-holds-barred politico.  I never hesitate to rag on people for being liberals, and try to convince others to vote for Bush.

So, there is a girl here (21, single mom, hittable, but dumber than a box of rocks) who IS going to vote for Bush - first time she ever voted.

Plus, there is a BLACK MAN whose entire family is voting Bush, as are most of his black church!  What turned the tide at the church was a Christian missionary of Afghani origin who spoke there a few weeks ago.  He said that they are praying for Bush to get re-elected, because the people who used to persecute and kill them are afraid of America because Bush is Pres, but won't be afraid if Kerry gets elected, like they weren't afraid of Clinton.

Of course, there are a few libs here I can't convince, like the pot-smoking hippy chick who is voting against Bush only because "He's stupid" (wtf?) and the black girl who thinks we should spend more money on social programs.

Well, at least some of my fellow workers have seen the light.

Oh, plus I convinced a woman (first time vote) from Massachussets to vote FOR Bush!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
... a Christian missionary of Afghani origin ... said that they are praying for Bush to get re-elected, because the people who used to persecute and kill them are afraid of America because Bush is Pres, but won't be afraid if Kerry gets elected, like they weren't afraid of Clinton. ...

This guy gets it, while a lot of liberals here in the States don’t.

The people trying to kill us are also afraid of Bush.

OTOH, the only people Kerry seems interested in threatening are successful Americans.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a good argument to make to undecideds:

If we elect Kerry, it sends a clear message to terrorists and our enemies that we will back down from them and not have the guts to fight them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top