Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 7:35:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

The president needed to feel that he could lose this race in order to do and say the kinds of things he needs to do and say to win it.

excellent observation.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It may be the only political weakness he inherited from his father, a far inferior politician who spent much of 1992 acting as though he simply could not believe the country would choose a philandering draft-dodger over him.

This is one thing I've been afraid of this whole campaign season.  All I can remember thinking in '92 was "C'mon George - Wake the f--- up!".  He finally got energized in the last few weeks, but it was too little, too late.

Unlike Congressional races, it's tough running for Presidential re-election.  The CinC actually has a "real" job.  Imagine the stress of running this country, especially in wartime - AND- having to sack up and find the energy to fight a political opponent who has the luxury of giving his whole being to the effort.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I was not impressed with Bush's comments regarding outsourcing in this last debate. Lucky for him Kerry did not drill him on it, because he was beginning to sound as out of touch as his dad did in regard to checkout scanners.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#4]
President Bush won 49% of the popular vote in 2000....I dont' think he's done much in the eyes of the 50% that didn't vote for him to swing things very much.  The fact that Kerry isn't ahead by 10% or more at this point has to be do to the fact that he's the one kind of candidate--gun grabbing New England liberal--that would fare the worst with Reagan/Yellow Dog/Conservative (a la Zell Miller) Democrats--the folks  that any Dem hoping to be elected President is gonna need.   Instead, they end up with Kerry, a tough sell even to the 50% that don't like the President.  If the Dems had ANYONE who the could have passed off as "centrist", a la Bill Clinton, I think President Bush would be in real trouble.  

They don't, though, and that's the reason why President Bush will be re-elected, and why the Dems are screwed in 2008...the 9 dwarfs they ran this year were pitiful, and illustrative of how bad the Democratic party machine is in finding national level candidates these days.  Hillary is WAY too devisive to be a viable candidate (imho, anyway), so they've got to try to come with someone else.  At this point, they've got a pretty shallow gene pool to choose from lol.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top