Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 6:47:25 PM EDT
I'm really losing hope that Bush will make it for 4 more.  Despite all the negative about Kerry the sheeple are woooed by his sales talk and schmooze, just like they were with slick Willie.  And when this happens, we will all wish the antis had only "extended" the current ban as they tried to do earlier this year.  I would bet you will see a PRK style complete ban sweep the nation, no nothing for anyone!   Better stock up while you can, as the anti's will be rabid next year.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
well I don't think skerry really has a chance, it's the few wackos you keep seeing on the stupid box telling you differnet, abnd even if there was an extension in the ban before the election he would done more anyways.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
45   States
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm really losing hope that Bush will make it for 4 more.  Despite all the negative about Kerry the sheeple are woooed by his sales talk and schmooze, just like they were with slick Willie.  And when this happens, we will all wish the antis had only "extended" the current ban as they tried to do earlier this year.  I would bet you will see a PRK style complete ban sweep the nation, no nothing for anyone!   Better stock up while you can, as the anti's will be rabid next year.

even if Kerry wins hes not getting anything passed. remember the original BARELY passed with the dems in control of the house and senate. The dems are not gaining that type of power any time soon.

remember, exactly how much gun control was passed under klinton after the AWB (and resulting shift of power)?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Get over overself you foolish man. Win or lose, all that will be remembered is that you gave up.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:54:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Any "gun control" efforts will henceforth be on a state level.
Federal gun control is a dead issue.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I find it odd that most of the "doom and gloom" I see around here come from people with very low post counts.

No, I'm not calling you a by any stretch of the imagination but is it possible that you're getting too much of your "information" from the so-called "main-stream media"?  You know that group that has functioned as the unrepentent and unabashed voice of the democrats since the campaign began.

Turn off your TV and start spending more time surfing.  You'll discover quite quickly that most of what the sheeple are fed on a daily basis is nothing pure bullshit.

I agree that it's not a done deal but if you look at sources other that the crap you see on TV and major news sites you'll find that a LOT of people out there think sKerry is fucked in the head (along with the democrats in general).  You'll never hear that on ABC, CBS, NBC, etc.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Get over overself you foolish man. Win or lose, all that will be remembered is that you gave up.

+1
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

even if Kerry wins hes not getting anything passed. remember the original BARELY passed with the dems in control of the house and senate. The dems are not gaining that type of power any time soon.

remember, exactly how much gun control was passed under klinton after the AWB (and resulting shift of power)?

I don't think that Kerry is going to win.

But, if Kerry were to win I think the fate or RKBA in this country would be sealed! Kerry would unquestionabily appoint another Darth Vader Ginsburgh to the US Supreme Court, and the next dumbass bringing a "Silveria" type challenge will sink the Second Amendment as an individual right. After that, the US would ratify the proposed UN treaty that would ban private ownership of firearms.

Watch The Gun Debate between Rebecca Peters and Wayne LaPierre, then think about John Kerry's globalist agenda. If he wins, this country is in much more trouble than you realize!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Bush will win...and I believe he will get at least 300 electoral votes...
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think that Kerry is going to win.

But, if Kerry were to win I think the fate or RKBA in this country would be sealed! Kerry would unquestionabily appoint another Darth Vader Ginsburgh to the US Supreme Court, and the next dumbass bringing a "Silveria" type challenge will sink the Second Amendment as an individual right. After that, the US would ratify the proposed UN treaty that would ban private ownership of firearms.

Watch The Gun Debate between Rebecca Peters and Wayne LaPierre, then think about John Kerry's globalist agenda. If he wins, this country is in much more trouble than you realize!

yes. Kerry is friends an NEIGHBORS with George Soros.

Kerry in  the white house = Soros and rebecca peters in the white house.

BUT as long as we keep a majority in Congress nothing will be passed. His judicial appointments will screw us in the long run tho
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Kerry?  Win?  

You make my side hurt.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Despite all the negative about Kerry the sheeple are woooed by his sales talk and schmooze, just like they were with slick Willie.

No.

The polling done after last nights debate said Kerry won… but did he or did people tell the pollster what they thought the pollster expected.

I have seen results from 4 different focus groups of undecided voters who viewed the three debates and guess what… these undecided voters broke 3 to 1 for Bush after last nights debate.

I truly believe the polls we are seeing today maybe off by as much as 5%.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Do you know how off the charts that is considering traditionally undecideds break for the challenger 6/4?

That is only kind-of-sorta true. In congressional elections undecided voters tend to break for the challenger in Presidential elections undecided tend to break for the incumbent or split.

You are right about the Mary Cheney lesbian mention that hurt Kerry badly with all the focus groups.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#18]
My opinion is the President will be re-elected.  If he can keep Ohio, Kerry is gone.

I just watched a focus group of undecided voters who wacthed the third debate.  The majority of them thought Kerry won the debate, but the overwhelming majority said they would vote for the President.  That's one of many good signs.

Guys, get the Kerry Poodle T-Shirts to wear around your buddies.  Let them know Kerry ain't for guns, no matter what he says now.  I got three and am wearing one now!  Make a fashion statement! LOL!  You can order at NRA T Shirts

You can see the NRA ad and his anti-gun voting record at: NRA Ad.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#19]

I'm waiting for Dick Morris to say that he thinks Bush will lose. As soon as that happens I'll know it's in the bag cuz he's been wrong on every prediction I've heard.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#20]
It's in the bag, baby

Bush will win

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you know how off the charts that is considering traditionally undecideds break for the challenger 6/4?

That is only kind-of-sorta true. In congressional elections undecided voters tend to break for the challenger in Presidential elections undecided tend to break for the incumbent or split.

Kinda sorta... you are correct and I misstated my point for simplicity sake.  Many consultants have been speculating that the vote will be along the line of the Congressional split this year as there seems to be some dissatisfaction in the polls for incumbent members that is higher than normal.  The belief is that if a voter is actually prepared to move against an incumbent republican member, they are likely to go against the incumbent president as well.  I have been arguing that if they are not in the Kerry camp by now, especially after the first debate, they likely aren;t going there.  This seems to be supported by Luntz's numbers from the focus group.

By the way, a 60/40 split on undecideds is actually fairly tight given the small number of truly undecideds this year.

From having worked two presidential elections at the state level and three governor's races along with several congressional and state legislative races in NY... my biggest fear is voter fraud.  If the margins are as close as I fear, fraud might actually steal a presidential election.  Then Kerry would truly be the legacy of JFK.

I completely concur with all comments.

Massive voter fraud is a definite PROBABILITY.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Correct me is I'm wrong, but did I not just hear on the news that some judge in OH just ruled that if one goes to the wrong poling place, you will still get to vote?

What does that tell you?

Vote early... vote often...

And in Ohio no less, a pivotal swing state. I'm very concerned. We need to get out the vote! Turnout is vital.

-LS

-LS
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct me is I'm wrong, but did I not just hear on the news that some judge in OH just ruled that if one goes to the wrong poling place, you will still get to vote?

What does that tell you?

Vote early... vote often...

And in Ohio no less, a pivotal swing state. I'm very concerned. We need to get out the vote! Turnout is vital.

-LS

-LS

Judge Rules for Democrats in Dispute Over Ohio Voting
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Hillary will not allow a Kerry win in 2004!

We all know that Hitlary wants to be President. Her plan is to run in 2008, since there is no clear Republican successor, that is her best chance.   If Kerry wins now, she is effectively lock out of the job forever.  Kerry would run again in 2008, with Edwards on the VP ticket, and then Edwards would run in 2012.  Unless she gets a VP nod from Edwards in 2012, she cannot run until 2016.  The only opportunity she might have to be to have Edwards killed and replace him on the ticket in 2012. That is way to many IFs for any Klinton to tolerate.

Bottom line:   If it looks like Kerry might possibly pull it out at near election time, Hillary will kick open a closet door and let a skeleton out.  Listen for good news.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hillary will not allow a Kerry win in 2004!

We all know that Hitlary wants to be President. Her plan is to run in 2008, since there is no clear Republican successor, that is her best chance.   If Kerry wins now, she is effectively lock out of the job forever.  Kerry would run again in 2008, with Edwards on the VP ticket, and then Edwards would run in 2012.  Unless she gets a VP nod from Edwards in 2012, she cannot run until 2016.  The only opportunity she might have to be to have Edwards killed and replace him on the ticket in 2012. That is way to many IFs for any Klinton to tolerate.

Bottom line:   If it looks like Kerry might possibly pull it out at near election time, Hillary will kick open a closet door and let a skeleton out.  Listen for good news.

I believe you have hit the nail on the head, sir! I can't help but think that regardless how the klintons speak about supporting the party and skerry, they are in the background ready to sabotage skerry's campaign. Good call.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#28]
By JAMES DAO and KATE ZERNIKE

Published: October 15, 2004

COLUMBUS, Ohio, Oct. 14 - A federal judge in Toledo ordered this state's Republican secretary of state on Thursday to count so-called provisional ballots filed in the wrong precincts, a victory for Democrats who contend such ballots are more likely to be cast by low-income and minority voters than others.

The ruling, which could prove crucial in a close election, came as partisan battles over voting rules and voter registration escalated in swing states across the nation.

In Oregon and Nevada, officials were looking into claims that a voter registration company owned by a Republican strategist had shredded Democratic forms or pressed voters to register Republican.

The decision Thursday, by Judge James G. Carr of United States District Court in Toledo, blocked a directive by J. Kenneth Blackwell, the secretary of state, that election workers not give provisional ballots to people who appear at the wrong precincts.

A 2002 law says that voters whose names do not appear on a precinct's rolls should be given provisional ballots, which require them to sign affidavits saying they are eligible to vote in that "jurisdiction." Their votes are set aside while election workers determine whether those people are eligible to vote.

Provisional ballots are meant to ensure that people are not disenfranchised because of administrative errors or because they moved.

Under Mr. Blackwell's directive, the word "jurisdiction" was interpreted to mean precinct, and he ordered that provisional ballots not be given to voters who turned up at the wrong precincts. He said polling workers should instead direct those people to the correct polling stations.

But the Ohio Democratic Party sued, saying that in Election Day confusion, voters might be unable to locate their correct precincts. They said lower-income people moved frequently and were more likely to go to the wrong precincts. They asserted that the word "jurisdiction" referred to counties, and that voters should get provisional ballots as long as they are in the right counties.

Judge Carr agreed. If the law on provisional voting, he wrote, "saves but a single vote, its purposes will have been accomplished, and its adoption justified."

A spokesman for the secretary of state said Judge Carr had misinterpreted the federal law and that Mr. Blackwell would appeal the ruling.

Similar lawsuits on provisional ballots have been filed in Michigan, Colorado and Florida. A Missouri judge has already ruled against the Democrats in a case filed there.

Meanwhile, the Oregon secretary of state's office said the state was conducting a criminal investigation into complaints that an Arizona company, Sproul & Associates, had pressured people to register as Republican. The company is owned by Nathan Sproul, the former director of the Arizona Republican Party.

Several libraries across Oregon also complained that Mr. Sproul had asked them in letters to set up voter registration drives on their premises under the name America Votes, which he described as a nonpartisan effort. That name is already claimed by another nonpartisan drive.

Mr. Sproul said in an interview that his company sought to register Republicans, but that his employees were instructed to submit forms from anyone who asked to be registered, and that his company had submitted registrations from Democrats and independents in other states. He said that the library letter was a misunderstanding, that he did not realize the name America Votes was already claimed and that he intended the effort to be nonpartisan.

In Nevada, the state Democratic Party filed a lawsuit seeking to extend the deadline for registration for those who believed their forms had been destroyed, citing news reports that Sproul employees had shredded Democratic registration forms and had been told to register only Republicans. The secretary of state's office said it would review the accusation, which the company said came from a disgruntled former employee.

"There are a couple of isolated allegations that we're taking very seriously and looking at," Mr. Sproul said, "but they're by far the minority of incidents."

James Dao reported from Columbus, Ohio, for this article, and Kate Zernike from New York.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Provisional ballots.

That's how they will cheat in OH. Thousands of provisional ballots. (per person)

-LS
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#30]
get a fucking grip guys.  the popular vote will be incredibly close. President Bush will take the electoral vote with 300+ votes.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#31]
No fucking way that kerry is going to win.  No Fucking way.  In the next few days to a week Kerrys past is going to come back and kick him in his balls.  He's done folks. Well done.

320+ Electoral Votes.

Bank on it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:31:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Sarge it ain't going to be 45... really, drop it.

Ye of little faith.....

sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:40:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
No fucking way that kerry is going to win.  No Fucking way.  In the next few days to a week Kerrys past is going to come back and kick him in his balls.  He's done folks. Well done.

320+ Electoral Votes.

Bank on it.

I have not met anyone --- anyone that is really impressed with the swift  mud slinging type of stuff.

They all consider it ancient history or distortions of the truth.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:42:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The House will remain in Republican control... no worries man.... the renewal of the ban was voted down by the House by a 161 vote margin. Our guns are safe... even if he wins.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:53:51 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I find it odd that most of the "doom and gloom" I see around here come from people with very low post counts.

+1

Buncha trolls, I think.

I am CONVINCED there is a major effort being launched to depress the Bush vote - skewing polls, invading conservative websites, etc to present a false picture of reality.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:55:12 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

+1

Buncha trolls, I think.

I am CONVINCED there is a major effort being launched to depress the Bush vote - skewing polls, invading conservative websites, etc to present a false picture of reality.

I 100% agree.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:57:43 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I 100% agree.

Sgatr15

ALSO why sKerry outed Cheneys daughter as a lez.

DIRECT shot at the religious right.

Meanwhile sKerry goes on to preach a mini sermon during debate # 3.

Hypocrite.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:11:04 AM EDT
[#38]
If one day we should ever find ourselves in the same fortification awaiting an armed assault, do us a favor.  Keep quiet.

We're going to win.  Now check your ammo and stay awake.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:24:02 AM EDT
[#39]

COLUMBUS, Ohio, Oct. 14 - A federal judge in Toledo ordered this state's Republican secretary of state on Thursday to count so-called provisional ballots filed in the wrong precincts, a victory for Democrats who contend such ballots are more likely to be cast by low-income and minority voters than others.

WTF? That's simple illegal. If I vote in the wrong precinct, my vote is tossed. How dumbing down can we make our voting system? Stupid people can't even push a stylis through a hole in a piece of paper!

In Oregon and Nevada, officials were looking into claims that a voter registration company owned by a Republican strategist had shredded Democratic forms or pressed voters to register Republican.

The decision Thursday, by Judge James G. Carr of United States District Court in Toledo, blocked a directive by J. Kenneth Blackwell, the secretary of state, that election workers not give provisional ballots to people who appear at the wrong precincts.

Ahhhh great, 22 days to go so lets monkey with the voting process and create enough noise that everyone will be so confused that the whole election will be in doubt. Friggen Florida and those morons set the stage.

A 2002 law says that voters whose names do not appear on a precinct's rolls should be given provisional ballots, which require them to sign affidavits saying they are eligible to vote in that "jurisdiction." Their votes are set aside while election workers determine whether those people are eligible to vote.

That's true, but what a friggen way to promote fraud

Provisional ballots are meant to ensure that people are not disenfranchised because of administrative errors or because they moved.

Under Mr. Blackwell's directive, the word "jurisdiction" was interpreted to mean precinct, and he ordered that provisional ballots not be given to voters who turned up at the wrong precincts. He said polling workers should instead direct those people to the correct polling stations.

Gotta love Ken, that's just common sense.

But the Ohio Democratic Party sued, saying that in Election Day confusion, voters might be unable to locate their correct precincts. They said lower-income people moved frequently and were more likely to go to the wrong precincts. They asserted that the word "jurisdiction" referred to counties, and that voters should get provisional ballots as long as they are in the right counties.

I don't give a hoot if they move. Tough. I shouldn't have to hold their hand. Finding out where you are supposed to vote isn't that hard. Just pick up your Cell phone when a commerical comes on durning the Dr. Phil show.

If you too friggen dumb to know were you are to vote, then I'm suppose to think that you have any concept or grasp of election canidates or issues? I don't want your vote because you don't have a clue! It's easy to find out where you are to vote. Your newspaper, radio, TV and election office will be more than happy to guide you.

Judge Carr agreed. If the law on provisional voting, he wrote, "saves but a single vote, its purposes will have been accomplished, and its adoption justified."

[Okay, that's nobel. Distort the law and the process for the LCD's of the world. Damn, I'm tired of lazy, stupid people.

A spokesman for the secretary of state said Judge Carr had misinterpreted the federal law and that Mr. Blackwell would appeal the ruling.

Go get em Ken. I like this guy more and more. Met him once, he's pretty sharp.

Similar lawsuits on provisional ballots have been filed in Michigan, Colorado and Florida. A Missouri judge has already ruled against the Democrats in a case filed there.

Well, a judge that understands it. There's a ray of hope.

Meanwhile, the Oregon secretary of state's office said the state was conducting a criminal investigation into complaints that an Arizona company, Sproul & Associates, had pressured people to register as Republican. The company is owned by Nathan Sproul, the former director of the Arizona Republican Party.

Several libraries across Oregon also complained that Mr. Sproul had asked them in letters to set up voter registration drives on their premises under the name America Votes, which he described as a nonpartisan effort. That name is already claimed by another nonpartisan drive.

Mr. Sproul said in an interview that his company sought to register Republicans, but that his employees were instructed to submit forms from anyone who asked to be registered, and that his company had submitted registrations from Democrats and independents in other states. He said that the library letter was a misunderstanding, that he did not realize the name America Votes was already claimed and that he intended the effort to be nonpartisan.

In Nevada, the state Democratic Party filed a lawsuit seeking to extend the deadline for registration for those who believed their forms had been destroyed, citing news reports that Sproul employees had shredded Democratic registration forms and had been told to register only Republicans. The secretary of state's office said it would review the accusation, which the company said came from a disgruntled former employee.

Extended the deadline? Well that's nice. Give me proof first.

"There are a couple of isolated allegations that we're taking very seriously and looking at," Mr. Sproul said, "but they're by far the minority of incidents."

My head hurts, I'm going back to work. Maybe as a Republican, I'll go run over a kitten at lunch.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:24:39 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Hillary will not allow a Kerry win in 2004!.

+1
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:46:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I have not met anyone --- anyone that is really impressed with the swift  mud slinging type of stuff.

They all consider it ancient history or distortions of the truth.

Same here. And its a shame really.

The abuse that VN vets endured when they returned home should in itself give them the right to be heard.

It’s as simple as that.

Each one has a story to tell about their experiences. Kerry has told his. These veterans should have an opportunity to tell theirs and be taken at their word.

-LS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top