Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/14/2004 6:04:50 AM EDT
I've been the King of blind dates since my divorce eleven years ago, but have finally met one that seems too good to be true.  Absolutely gorgeous, very athletic, nine years younger than me, likes to cook, loves to shoot, hates to shop, owns her own home, votes Republican, has a great sense of humor, and the sex is cosmic.  The only fly in the ointment is that she has a two-year-old.  Anybody want to post a pic?  I don't know how to do it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:05:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Email it to me
[email protected]
I'll have it up in a few minutes

Either that or hit me on MSN Messenger
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Canned family, just add dad.

Really though, it's important to know why she is a single mother.  Divorce? Widow?

If she's divorced, then why?

Is the old hubby gonna cause some problems?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:09:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldnt consider the child to be the hang up if thats what youre concerned with - particularly if the 'father' is missing in action.

My 'wife' had a two year old when I met her 13 years ago - been very happily married for nearly 10 now.  'Adopted' her daughter at around age 6, shortly after we were married.  Things couldnt be better.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:09:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Thats perfect ... means you dont have to make a kid ....

besides, best thing you can do for a vagina is put a baby through it ... , tunes 'em right up!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:10:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thats perfect ... means you dont have to make a kid ....

besides, best thing you can do for a vagina is put a baby through it ... , tunes 'em right up!

But the worst thing you can do for the tits.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:13:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Good luck.  She sounds great from your description.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:13:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Her figure is spectacular, and I don't think the ex is the sort to cause problems.  Her son is healthy and all, but I have to admit that I don't relish the idea of raising someone else's kid.  Oh well, it's a package deal and I'm sure he'll grow on me.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:15:42 AM EDT
[#8]
The ultimate girlfriend is subject to a illustrated review by ARFCOM.  We'll need a photo.  Otherwise she sounds great.  Don't shy away from a child either....if it feels right then go for it.  Chances are that kid could use a father figure.  There's no dishonor in that whatsoever.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:16:10 AM EDT
[#9]
It's looking good for you so far, but before I can say more I'm going to need to see some pics.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Her figure is spectacular, and I don't think the ex is the sort to cause problems.  Her son is healthy and all, but I have to admit that I don't relish the idea of raising someone else's kid.  Oh well, it's a package deal and I'm sure he'll grow on me.  

Yup, only way to look at it .. you must accept him like you do any other part of her ... thats the way it is ... all will be well ....

besides, he can mow the grass in a few years ... and then move out!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:16:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Hosting pic for poster... The image has been cropped for file size, FYI for the original poster when he goes "Wheres the damned trees man?!"

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:17:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd hit it.  You done good son!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#14]
If the kid isn't a deal breaker and the ex isn't a problem, then what's left? A near perfect woman who you might have a happy life with?

Lots of single guys might be asking right about now "where do I sign up" ....
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:18:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:19:32 AM EDT
[#16]
But what is her NATURAL hair color, huh?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:20:42 AM EDT
[#17]
The kid should not really enter the equation if all things considered.  He(he/she) is not a problem but the by product of a failed relationship.  Sad for the child, but this could be your chance to really shine. Good Lucuk and Hope things work out for you.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:23:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Looks and sounds like a keeper.  Just make sure when you are interested in further commitment that you know just where she wants you to stand on the kid.  Are you Mom's husband, or daddy/daddy#2?  It makes a big difference.  Some gals aren't looking for a father for their current kids, and if that's the case you need to know it now.  Have a nice day!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Man up and give the kid a good role model.
Oh yahSCREEN-DOOR
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Yep...lock on and go for the ride.  Nice job.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:27:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The eyebrows never lie...
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:32:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Could you say that in front of this child? I think you're looking at this from the wrong end of the scope.

In my opinion, a small child is clay. You will mold him into what he is to become. This is a opportunity, not a detriment.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Who cares?  Like store-bought boobs, highlighted hair is a sign of a good attitude  :)
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:40:16 AM EDT
[#24]
keeper
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:41:27 AM EDT
[#25]
I would post my favorite "hit it" jpeg ... but I will be respectful ...
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:41:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
that I don't relish the idea of raising someone else's kid.  Oh well, it's a package deal and I'm sure he'll grow on me.  

Your not buying in to soley raise the kid. Just occasionaly some input maybe? Mom and Dad are for the raising of the kid....

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:43:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Her son is healthy and all, but I have to admit that I don't relish the idea of raising someone else's kid.  Oh well, it's a package deal and I'm sure he'll grow on me.  

Could you say that in front of this child? I think you're looking at this from the wrong end of the scope.

In my opinion, a small child is clay. You will mold him into what he is to become. This is a opportunity, not a detriment.

I know several couples who broke up, or came close to it, over the stepchildren.  And I'm a little gunshy because raising my own kids was not a rewarding experience.  (Went through a very, very ugly divorce, and the kids where my ex's weapons.  They were so poisoned that I'm just now getting to know the 19 year old and the 17 year old.  My 15 year old still won't speak to me.)    
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#28]
She's very pretty.  Good luck.  I hope it works out for you two.

How does she feel about you?

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:44:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  Do what a man is supposed to do.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:48:26 AM EDT
[#30]
sounds like she was raising her kid prior to you being around. She sounds very stable. I doubt she is looking for someone to play father.  A 2 year old is better than a punk teenager. Nice catch.

J
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:51:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like a winner.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:53:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Kids are very cool. Be patient. I used to run from them until I had two, now I live for them.
They can slow you down at times, but MAN can they give you a renewed perspective on life.
HANK IN THERE!

G1X

Edited for - Oh yeah, nice chickie snack!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:53:34 AM EDT
[#34]
I forgot to mention one of the most important aspects of her - she spent the past year caring for her mother, who just died of brain cancer.  It was one of those "character building experiences".  Like the Marine recruiting posters say, It takes fire to make steel.  She has her priorities right, and she doesn't sweat the small stuff.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:56:29 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I forgot to mention one of the most important aspects of her - she spent the past year caring for her mother, who just died of brain cancer.  It was one of those "character building experiences".  Like the Marine recruiting posters say, It takes fire to make steel.  She has her priorities right, and she doesn't sweat the small stuff.

My mother recently died that way also ....
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#36]
She got siters? :)
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:03:28 AM EDT
[#37]

I there's one thing I have learned the last few years about single moms, it's that it is a package deal.

If you feel like the child is extra baggage you have to deal with (and would rather not have to) then this relationship is doomed.

I have been through this a couple of times myself, and seen a good friend go through it.

If you aren't interested in raising that child, then the relationship will not work out.  You're better off moving on, and finding someone who doesn't have a kid.

Furthermore, I would have you ask her about her ex.  Why they divorced. What kind of guy he is.  Was it amical. If she says he is a big asshole.  And it was a nasty divoce, it does not bode well for who she is. It takes two to tango. At least it says a lot about her character to pop out a kid with some jerk.

And what you should be looking at right now, is her  CHARACTER.  Not her sex appeal or charm.  Sex appeal and charm are supperficial, but bad character goes clear to the bone.

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:04:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
She got sisters? :)

No, but she has a brother, if you're so inclined
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:06:10 AM EDT
[#39]
When I met my wife, her son from her first marriage was 3.  He idolizes me in every way and I can't believe that it was even a concern for me back then.  He's 10 now.  I couldn't imagine not having him around.  We just had one of our own, and I love them both the same.  Sometimes it catches me by suprise when I realize that he isn't my flesh and blood, I forget about that.

Just don't string her along.  The kid will have a rough life if mom is forced to play games.  If you're serious about wanting a long term relationship with her, then go for it.  If you honestly don't think that it's for you, forgo the cosmic sex and cut her loose to find someone that wants the whole package.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#40]
She sure sounds like a good catch to me.

I pray every day to meet someone similar.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:14:03 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

That's an important insight into her character. You'd be suprised at how many kids today who would cut and run when faced with the prospect of caring for an ill parent...especially one with a terminal disease.

My wife and I had a discussion about our parents before we were married. We both knew that we'd be the ones in our repective families who would have to step up and take care of them should they become ill. As things happen in life, my father-in-law lived with us for the last 4 1/2 years of his life after his stroke and the resulting congestive heart failure problems that accompianied the stroke. Not one of my wife's four brothers and sisters offered even the slightest assistance...only critisism of the way we cared for him.

People who stand by their loved ones through thick and thin are the kinds of people you trust in life. They are responsible, loyal people, who you can count on. Cultivate this relationship. You should be asking yourself if you're worthy of a woman like this and not the other way around. When you reach the point where each of you think that they got the better part of the deal in the spouse they've chosen, then you've got a true partner for life.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:15:20 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
She sure sounds like a good catch to me.

I pray every day to meet someone similar.

Hang in there.  I had about given up on the possibility.  I met a few nice women over the years, and even almost married one.  But none of them had the "chemistry" of this one, and I'm so glad I didn't settle now.  We have so much in common, and connect so well, that it feels like she's been reading my mind.  I know things can start out well and then go sour, but so far so good.  It's a little embarrassing to admit, but I met her over the internet.  Finding the right one is a numbers game, and the internet is the best way to get yourself out there, and it's a great weeding-out tool once you learn to read between the lines.  (Personals are like real-estate ads, with a new language you have to learn.  For example, "Average" means fat.  "Athletic" means strong and fat.  "Weight in proportion to height" means tall and fat...  )
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:16:57 AM EDT
[#43]
So what do they say when they have a nice bod?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:18:27 AM EDT
[#44]
What is not the question
Is she the following
good looking
Smart
How she votes
Money

What is the question.

Do you want kids ????????????????????????????

If you do ,then move onto the other aspects of her life but the FIRST question is DO YOU WANT A KID ?

If you dont then tag and bag if you do hang around.

Edited :
I have never wanted ANY kids so I have dumped a few keepers do to kids they either had them or wanted them. It was a deal breaker for me pure and simple.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:25:21 AM EDT
[#45]
It makes me laugh when I see this question come up amount people around me.  "But she's got a kid"...  
   Dude, your not in high school anymore (where it WOULD be considered bad to have a kid). Think of the average age, a women of average looks would get married, and have a kid (in an average amount of time). Guess what, SHE'S NORMAL!.  If I see a women that's 30 years old that DOESNT have a kid, I wonder, 'what's her problem'...
   Dude, obviously you havent dated that many girls...Older ones at least....   Or... Your real young.
   Sometimes, things hit us like a mid-life crisis... This is part of reality that hits you too...
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:28:22 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
So what do they say when they have a nice bod?

If they won't send you several recent pics, there's a reason.  If they only send you head-shots, they're "pears"  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
   Dude, obviously you havent dated that many girls...Older ones at least....   Or... Your real young.

I'm forty seven, she's thirty eight.  I've dated enough to be a minor legend in the airline industry .  I've already raised three kids.  I tend to date women in their thirties, and the two main flavors are:

1.  Don't have kids and want some yesterday

2.  Have small kids and need a meal ticket.  

I understand that there's a bright side to kids, but I'd be less than honest if I said I had no trepidation about giving up a large degree of freedom until another one is eighteen, and then paying for another college education.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:44:18 AM EDT
[#48]
If's she's as good as you say? Why are you on here asking for advice? I swore off giving others advice on their womenz a long time ago. It's your call.
She looks great for 38 BTW.

--RR
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:45:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Is she a real redhead?

We need our own support forum for those of us married to redheads.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:49:29 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
If's she's as good as you say? Why are you on here asking for advice? I swore off giving others advice on their womenz a long time ago. It's your call.
She looks great for 38 BTW.

--RR

I titled the thread "Finally, the Ultimate Girlfriend".  I'm bragging, not asking advice.  I just mentioned my one reservation.  Hey Speccop, want to host another pic so I can brag some more?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top