Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 7:17:45 PM EDT
Majority of my "friends" are pro Kerry.  What the fuck is one to do?  Swear, they vote for him, and he gets elected, you can bet I'll never speak to those people again.  I really have no idea how to convert them, because if I give them the "gun rights" speach they'll bash me saying that's the only reason I'm voting for Bush.  Lame.com
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Find new friends
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, but maybe it's time to get new friends.....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Get new friends. Life's too short to fuck around with morons.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Some people are hopeless.  What you need is a "plan" to deal with your friends.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Stolen Honor... coming to tv soon.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#6]
You must become their leader and deal with these misdirected assclowns
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#7]
well dont just give them the gun rights speach.  Tell them more reasons why you're voting for bush...
but remember, some people are just born retarded, lol.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Invite them to the range. Dont get into political discussion untill they ask to go with you a second time.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Take 'em hunting... Kerry hunts... right?  Just be sure to leave them there...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#10]
You could point out the multitude of reasons (other than gun rights) why he would make a bad pres.
I put a "top ten list" on...

this thread

that you could check out.  I think it's page two.  Of course I have had to get rid of most of my liberal friends (didn't have many to begin with).
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Just don't talk about politics with them.  A neighbor of mine is a total liberal complete with "It ain't over until your brother counts the votes." and "Let's not elect him again in 2004." and "[picture of GWB] Like a rock only dumber." bumper stickers and Michael Moore books in his home.  We are friends, but we just don't talk about politics.  He even went the range with me and now wants an AR-15 - we'll get them one at a time.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Me : Just take away all my rights please.

"Friend 1" : and the Patriot Act didnt do that in the 1st place...

Me : And Kerry sure as fuck won't help

"Friend 2" : Getting a non-republican in to start getting the conservative assholes who pushed
that bill out will.

"Friend 3" : This November I'm voting for articulation and the ability to convey thoughts through complete sentences. Unfortunately G.Dubbs cannot accomplish either.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Hell with them I say
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I hear that alot about being a one issue voter and that they vote for a large variety of issues. Find at least a half dozen issues that you dissagree with Kerry about and hammer them on those subjects. The more areas that you can find to knock Kerry the greater your chance to convert their thinking.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Demo-Craps presiding as POTUS has done nothing in response to OK City (albeit domestic terrorism), WTC 1, U.S. Embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, and the bombing of the USS Cole.

When Sudan called Clinton three times to give up OBL's position, Willy did nothing.

Ruby Ridge and Waco occured under Clintons watch.

Had the Democrats (Clinton) acted on Sudanese Intel, 9-11 may have never happened.

These examples are Pro-Bush Homeland Defense factoids. Just remember when arguing your point to a liberal, you are beating your head against the wall. So take some Aleve with you for the headache afterward. They just don't respond well to facts and logic because they operate on feelings and emotion.

HS1
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Invite them to the range. Dont get into political discussion untill they ask to go with you a second time.

Well, one of them I did take to the range.  And I brought two others with me.  One is wanting to be a security guard or something and was wanting to get an XD40.  They all shot and loved my USP45f, and then one of them proceeded to buy a FN FiveseveN.  He loves it.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Always Remember

... A conservative gets up early in the morning and goes to work. Works long and arduous hours to care for his family, pay off his house make bills on time and secure a financial nest egg for himself and loved ones. He usually puts volunteer time in for the community and church. Does right, obeys laws and is takes fiscal responsibility for his future. He struggles to find time to get to the polls to make his vote. Goes back to work at home or office to get ahead in life.

How much is a conservative's vote worth? 1 vote

... A worthless hippie wakes up mid-day with a drug/alcohol induced hangover. Watches some MTV, smokes a doobie bummed off his hippie neighbor. Takes a nap, wakes up in the afternoon, picks his belly button and sloughs on down to the polls to vote. Goes home and takes an evening nap.

How much is a liberal's vote worth? 1 vote

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Bad commutation effects good morals, friends don’t let friends hang with liberals.

RUN its a trap, where that stupid photo when you need it
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Always Remember

... A conservative gets up early in the morning and goes to work. Works long and arduous hours to care for his family, pay off his house make bills on time and secure a financial nest egg for himself and loved ones. He usually puts volunteer time in for the community and church. Does right, obeys laws and is takes fiscal responsibility for his future. He struggles to find time to get to the polls to make his vote. Goes back to work at home or office to get ahead in life.

How much is a conservative's vote worth? 1 vote

... A worthless hippie wakes up mid-day with a drug/alcohol induced hangover. Watches some MTV, smokes a doobie bummed off his hippie neighbor. Takes a nap, wakes up in the afternoon, picks his belly button and sloughs on down to the polls to vote. Goes home and takes an evening nap.

How much is a liberal's vote worth? 1 vote

I did the second scenerio last time I voted for Bush
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm with these guys...find a better class of people to hang around with.

You cannot argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Signed

Kurt "I just don't agree with the friends that little Johnny has been hangin out with" Austin
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Forget about gun control.  Ask them how in the hell they can be in favor of affirmative action.  It's racism- Pure and simple, and paid for by your tax dollars.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Majority of my "friends" are pro Kerry.  What the fuck is one to do?  Swear, they vote for him, and he gets elected, you can bet I'll never speak to those people again.  I really have no idea how to convert them, because if I give them the "gun rights" speach they'll bash me saying that's the only reason I'm voting for Bush.  Lame.com

WTF? "if" he gets elected, you won't speak to them again?

What is going to be different when they vote for him and he doesn't get elected?

Their mindset will be the same, so it makes no difference.

Find new friends.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Forget about gun control.  Ask them how in the hell they can be in favor of affirmative action.  It's racism- Pure and simple, and paid for by your tax dollars.

That's a bad argument to raise - because affirmative action, the way the law/executive order is written, is not really particularly "racist" at all.  The problem with affirmative action is how some companies, municipalities, states and other organizations CHOOSE to implement it.  Universities are some of the worst offenders, and I see all sorts of crap in the name of AA - but what they're doing really has nothing to do with AA.

So that might not be the best argument to raise against a liberal, because the LETTER of AA is not really racist at all, and you'll end up in en endless technical argument.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
So that might not be the best argument to raise against a liberal, because the LETTER of AA is not really racist at all, and you'll end up in en endless technical argument.

You make me sad.  It's like you don't know liberals at all - they won't know facts.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a bad argument to raise - because affirmative action, the way the law/executive order is written, is not really particularly "racist" at all.  The problem with affirmative action is how some companies, municipalities, states and other organizations CHOOSE to implement it.  Universities are some of the worst offenders, and I see all sorts of crap in the name of AA - but what they're doing really has nothing to do with AA.

I remember when I was in school we were told how it was easier to get in colleges when your a minority and had to hear for about an hour why AA was right and how "the white man held people down"  One of them moments that made me decide I didnt want to go to college
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You make me sad.  It's like you don't know liberals at all - they won't know facts.  

I know that - but my point is just that AA is not really a good issue to take a stand on, when there are plenty of others where we actually HAVE the facts on our side (like guns and the AWB).

My fiancee is a HUGE flaming liberal, and she has handed my ass to me on many occasions where she had the facts RIGHT and I did not.  Very emberrassing  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:43:43 PM EDT
[#27]
hagie wrote:
I am not watching the debate for the same reason i am not watching the Red Sox/Yankee game. Mainly out of superstition...but i know that the jackass i dont want to win (Yankee's/Bush) is going to win anyway, cause they did last time.

wheelow wrote:
You can say bye to your FiveseveN if Kerry got in. Same with my AR15's and anything else I'd want to get in the future. And no, that's not the only reason I'm voting bush, I just don't agree with the democratic point of view in most cases.

hagie wrote:
nothing against you at all Josh but wtf do i need an AR for anyway...and if my gun is banned...its the same shit that people had to deal with in 86 and again when Clinton came in.

i liked the idea of buying a Hungarian/Bulgarian/whatthefuckeveroldrussianstate AK 47 but i sat down with myself and i really dont need/want one anymore. I dont need one with a threaded barrel, i dont need one with a bayonet lug, and i dont need one with a collapsable stock. i have no feesible need for an assault rifle, and i am not driving to Uwharrie (sp) or Gastonia just to shoot it. ownership of a hand gun or 5 is cool with me, but i really have no need what so ever for an assault rifle/clone because i am secure in the fact that i will not have to go down in a gunbattle with some unnameable enemy on my own turf.

wheelow wrote:
Listen to yourself, you're saying YOU have no need for that. But hi, think of the other guy that might want the shit. As in me, and thousands upon thousands of others. You're being selfish and thinking of yourself now. I want another AR or two, I want the freedom to build one up when I'd like, I want a couple AK's, I want a fucking MP5 clone or the real god damn deal someday. I want the bayonet lug, I want the flash suppressor, I want the collapsible stock. I want the 30 round (standard capacity AR/AK mags) Why? Because I legally can. As we legally could before clinton passed the dumbshit ban he did that only banned those cosmetic features. That's the way those rifles were always meant to be, not fucking neutered like I bought mine. It's being converted now to be the way it was meant to be. That shit fits MY needs. And OTHERS needs. YOU might not need/want it. We however do. A tele-stock makes more sense to others, children and smaller framed people, such as myself are more comfortable with a fucking 4/6 position tele-stock because they can ADJUST the length of pull to make the shit more comfortable to them.

Take this for example. Chris, he's getting a turbo for his VW. WHY does he need a god damn turbo? A turbo is meant to make a fucking car go faster. Speed limits are 35, 45, 55, 60, 70. Why do you need a turbo to go that fast? If he goes faster, he's breaking the speed laws. So hey, let's ban turbos, because cars shouldn't go faster than the speed limits. Why does he need a turbo? Because he can, because he has the freedom to, because he wants his car to go fast, he wants to pop the hood, point to the turbo, and feel good. It gives him ENJOYMENT. As do my fucking guns. My guns are for my enjoyment, for sporting purposes, for FUN. So hey, let's ban dudes new rims, that he put on his integra. Let's just ban every aftermarket car part there is, because it has no REAL purpose to make the car go from A-B any better. Why would he need a fucking wing on his trunk lid? He'll never go fast enough for it to effectively make enough downforce to do any god damn good. Why would he want it? Because it looks god damn cool. And it'll make his car look better, it will give him god damn ENJOYMENT. Oh yeah, let's ban bathtubs because so many fucking children die in them each year. Do you get my god damn point? You're wanting to ban things that give people enjoyment, and are for fun. Think about the shit you LOVE and fucking enjoy for a minute, and think about if some liberal, or god damn democrat was trying to pass a fucking bill to ban the shit you loved. Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#28]
i have some friends like that.  for the most part they're not educated at all on politics.  all they know is what they see on tv.  now, my good friends..they're all pro rkba, and pretty conservative pro-military types.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
My fiancee is a HUGE flaming liberal...

Eek - I hope it works out -- my father tried it and their differences eventually tore them apart.  Fortunately for you he was more stubborn than most so you have a chance.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:00:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Tell them Bin Laden along with 80 percent of Arabs in the US will be voting for Kerry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top