Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 6:23:04 AM EDT
I got this stupid letter from an Insurance Recovery Division guy representing my old company I used to work for as a financial advisor.  When I quit there the company switched my commissions that had not yet paid out and gave them to other associates.  Now, I get this letter saying I need to pay $565 back to them to recover commissions that were paid to me that should not have been or they will turn me in to a credit collector.  Any ideas on what I should do?  I am really pissed andd I hate that company and my old boss.  Can  they really repot me to a credit agency?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:23:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Tell them to pound salt.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:25:15 AM EDT
[#2]
How long has it been?

What was your compensation program?  What we are talking about is residuals - were you entitled to them?

I think the company should just swallow this one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:27:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Figure it out, if you owe, pay it. If you do not owe tell them to pack a lunch.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:28:03 AM EDT
[#4]
It's not worth them taking you to small claims over it so they're just going to try and ruin you're credit?

Wot fuckers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:29:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the money owed to you or not?

THAT is the question that derives the answer.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I was expressed annualized commissions.  They are charging me back for people that stopped putting money in before the year was over.  However, they never did pay me on 4 high profile clients even thogh I did all the work and got papers signed.  The money was not credited to their accounts until the day after I left, so they never payed me on about $2K.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was expressed annualized commissions.  They are charging me back for people that stopped putting money in before the year was over.  However, they never did pay me on 4 high profile clients even thogh I did all the work and got papers signed.  The money was not credited to their accounts until the day after I left, so they never payed me on about $2K.

Based on that, get a lawyer to write a letter back for you, expressing that, and declaring that not only are you not going to pay them, but you want your $2k.  

But don't let them ruin your credit over $565...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top