Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/12/2004 11:43:51 PM EDT
This alone IMHO justifies removing Sadaam from power… he was one sick bastard… show this report to Kerryite Liberals and see what they say…

ANdy

Babies found in Iraqi mass grave

A US investigator said bodies were bulldozed into the graves

A mass grave being excavated in a north Iraqi village has yielded evidence that Iraqi forces executed women and children under Saddam Hussein.

US-led investigators have located nine trenches in Hatra containing hundreds of bodies believed to be Kurds killed during the repression of the 1980s.

The skeletons of unborn babies and toddlers clutching toys are being unearthed, the investigators said.

They are seeking evidence to try Saddam Hussein for crimes against humanity.

Tiny bones, femurs - thighbones the size of a matchstick

P Willey
US investigating anthropologist

It is believed to be the first time investigators working for the Iraqi Special Tribunal (IST) have conducted a full scientific exhumation of a mass grave.

"It is my personal opinion that this is a killing field," Greg Kehoe, an American working with the IST, told reporters in Hatra, south of the city of Mosul.

"Someone used this field on significant occasions over time to take bodies up there, and to take people up there and execute them."

Tiny bones

The victims are believed to be Kurds killed in 1987-88, their bodies bulldozed into the graves after being summarily shot dead.

One trench contains only women and children while another contains only men.

The body of one woman was found still clutching a baby. The infant had been shot in the back of the head and the woman in the face.

"The youngest foetus we have was 18 to 20 foetal weeks," said US investigating anthropologist P Willey.

"Tiny bones, femurs - thighbones the size of a matchstick."

Mr Kehoe investigated mass graves in the Balkans for five years but those burials mainly involved men of fighting age and the Iraqi finds were quite different, he said.

"I've been doing grave sites for a long time, but I've never seen anything like this, women and children executed for no apparent reason," he said.

Mr Kehoe said that work to uncover graves around Iraq, where about 300,000 people are thought to have been killed during Saddam Hussein's regime, was slow as experienced European investigators were not taking part.

The Europeans, he said, were staying away as the evidence might be used eventually to put Saddam Hussein to death.

"We're trying to meet international standards that have been accepted by courts throughout the world," he added.

"We're putting a package together on each body removed - pictures of bones, clothes, a forensic report."

Iraq's human rights ministry has reportedly identified 40 possible mass graves across the country.

The dig at Hatra, where a makeshift morgue has been erected, is due to be completed on Wednesday.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3738368.stm
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Lock and load
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]
[liberal]Fuck you all, thats not Weapons of Mass Destruction so it doesnt matter. Bush caused those deaths anyway[/liberal]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
We need more of this in mainstream news.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#4]
The world is a better place without the Saddam and his murderous son Uday & Ksay.

Where is the outrage and condemnation by the world's children advocates?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:42:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

But if it became widely known Kerry's "The sanctions were working" line would crumble.

Sanctions didn't work for these people.  During the sanctions Hussein was building palaces and murdering innocent Iraqis.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:44:35 AM EDT
[#6]
[DUhTroll]

Iraqi babies aren't worth one American soldier's life. After all, we kill our own all the time!

[/DUhTroll]

The skeletons of unborn babies and toddlers clutching toys are being unearthed, the investigators said.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:45:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Any comments from a UN representative?

Anyone? . . .

I thought so.

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:49:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Any comments from a UN representative?

Anyone? . . .

I thought so.

CMOS

Are you kidding?

They're too busy adding up their bank accounts and bitching at W for choking off their income stream.

Talk about blood money!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:09:05 AM EDT
[#9]

UN Secretary Kofi Annan… the Dictators Friend.

Totally corrupt and responsible for the deaths of MILLIONS of people due to him and the UN sitting on their hands while filling their pockets with bribes to allow worldwide proliferation of WMD's.

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:18:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

MORE?

Damn..I'd be happy with ANY!!!!

Friggin media...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:19:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/kofiannan-secrgnral.jpg

UN Secretary Kofi Annan… the Dictators Friend.

Totally corrupt and responsible for the deaths of MILLIONS of people due to him and the UN sitting on their hands while filling their pockets with bribes to allow worldwide proliferation of WMD's.

ANdy

Cerrano want bat!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:19:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[DUhTroll]

Iraqi babies aren't worth one American soldier's life. After all, we kill our own all the time!

[/DUhTroll]

quote]

Oh man...that is harsh.
But a completely accurate comment.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:26:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Yea how true! The Left in America does not really care about this stuff, I love the ads on TV now trying to make Bush to blame for the high gas prices.

I guess it was Bush's fault that OPEC cut production back and I guess he is to blame for what is going on in Africa and the oil production there.

I truly feel the left is destroying America more everyday.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:31:29 AM EDT
[#14]
So I guess we go to Africa next ???

Happens every day over there on a much larger scale ???

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:44:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So I guess we go to Africa next ???

Happens every day over there on a much larger scale ???

+ 1
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:48:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I wonder when we'll get to the graves created by our "backing" of a coup, then watching as they got butchered with none of the help the US promised them.

BTW, didn't we supply the training , weapons and means to purvey these killings?
in the 80's saddam was shaking hands with rummy. why aren't rummy and his cohorts on trial too?

chris

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:49:48 AM EDT
[#17]
 and

Woody
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:52:10 AM EDT
[#18]
tagged
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:54:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Cerrano want bat!

No marbles!!!!

This story just sickens me as a father. There is no way I could pull the trigger on a baby or a toddler.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:57:45 AM EDT
[#20]
....and how many innocent women and children have we killed with our "smart" bombs in this illegal war in Iraq ?
oh crap I thought this was DU.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:58:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Where is the outrage and condemnation by the world's children advocates?

You mean the ones who ignore the starvation of children in North Korea but LOVE to show you the "African kids" on TV?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:04:46 AM EDT
[#22]
How do you know they didn't die as as result of US sanctions?

Or a US bombing raid?

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:10:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Or a US bombing raid?

Duh might have something to do with the GUNSHOTS in the head.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:14:44 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Or a US bombing raid?

DUh, yeah....how do we know the CIA or Jesse Helms or Cheney didn't do it? Huh?

I know whose fault it is: Halliburton's. No blood for oil!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:53:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

BTW, didn't we supply the training , weapons and means to purvey these killings?
in the 80's saddam was shaking hands with rummy. why aren't rummy and his cohorts on trial too?

chris

We did indeed back Iraq in the early 80s in their war with Iran.  However, the US is not a primary source of AK-47s, the standard issue weapon of the Iraqi forces.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:58:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Or a US bombing raid?

Deaths "from the sanctions" can be attributed to Saddam Hussein diverting humanitarian resources, starving his people for propaganda purposes while he built more palaces.

An objective analysis of US bombing shows ever-increasing restraint and target discrimination.  Gone are the days of area bombing of entire cities.  There have been instances in which aircraft returned with their full bomb load because the pilot had concerns about the target.

While some civilian casualties are inevitable in war, the US has gone to great lengths to minimize this effect.

Where was your criticism when SH was gassing entire villages of Kurds?  Hmmmm????
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:58:35 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or a US bombing raid?

Dummy, those are the really smart bombs, they're that good! Sheesh!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:06:34 AM EDT
[#28]
no, we chose to give them far worse things to use.

Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:

chris

We did indeed back Iraq in the early 80s in their war with Iran.  However, the US is not a primary source of AK-47s, the standard issue weapon of the Iraqi forces.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:14:23 AM EDT
[#29]

This alone IMHO justifies removing Sadaam from power

Agreed. Ever since I saw the photos of the Kurds he gassed I have been for whatever measure hit the table to remove that walking shitpile.

Or a US bombing raid?

+1

r/s

Dan
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:22:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

ANdy

I think it should say this:

The Real Enemy
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:26:04 AM EDT
[#32]
I am new father - this sickens me.  Fuck the UN, fuck it's promoters here - fuck the political left.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#33]

many in this administration are as guilty as anyone you put up in photos.

Chris

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:32:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Or a US bombing raid?

Because we have functioning brain cells.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Who's "we?"  I wasn't aware that either you or anyone here was a member of the various administrations that dealt with Saddam Hussein between the early 70s and late 80s.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:34:11 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
www.rotten.com/library/bio/dictators/saddam-hussein/Rumsfeld-vs-Saddam.gif

Chris

No, actually they aren't, but you KNOW that and are simply being your trolling self.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:34:15 AM EDT
[#38]
tagged
IBTL
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:35:25 AM EDT
[#39]
STFU riky. you're a professional troll.

WE as in the US of A.

Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who's "we?"  I wasn't aware that either you or anyone here was a member of the various administrations that dealt with Saddam Hussein between the early 70s and late 80s.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:35:56 AM EDT
[#40]
nope. fact

Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

No, actually they aren't, but you KNOW that and are simply being your trolling self.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:40:00 AM EDT
[#42]
virginia22

Ah no. Actually, if you bother to look up the CIA's own source material, what we did was provide intel during the Iraq/Iran war. We gave Saddam info only. Nothing more. Any weapons he developed and used against the Iranians and the ethnic Kurds were entirely his own.

Next you'll be spouting that same old bullshit looney liberal line about April Gillespie giving Saddam the go ahead t osmash Kuwait.

Saddam was FAR worse than anything anyone in the US government has done since maybe Andersonville during the Civil War.

Period.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:41:15 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

WE as in the US of A.

No, actually I'm a professional hipshooter...it says so right over my picture.  And you obviously aren't cognisant of the actual meaning of the word "troll" since you use it so poorly.
WE as in the US of A didn't do ANYTHING.  Certain presidents and their staffs dealt with Saddam Hussein because, at the time, he was seen as a check on the much-more-dangerous Iranian government.  They did not, contrary to the liberal propoganda you swallow whole, give him WMDs.  They DID put him touch with the French and Germans, who did sell him components for chemical weapons, as did the Soviets.
At the time he used those weapons against the Iranians, we couldn't have stopped him even if we'd wanted to, as any military action against Iraq would have been opposed by the Soviets.  Also at the time, as I am sure you've forgotten as you were likely in diapers, the Iranians were sworn enemies of the US who had sponsored terrorist activities against us and kept Americans hostage for over a year, so we weren't crying bitter tears at their extermination.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:41:46 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
nope. fact

Nope, lie.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Because we have functioning brain cells.

damn, skippy! i hereby by revoke your doctorate in tactfulness!

Tact?  Wuzzat?  I thought that was just how southern people pronounced "attack."  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:44:11 AM EDT
[#46]
RikWriter

Yep. Things had to be done a lot differently back then while tip-toeing around the Soviets.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:45:15 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Chris

That is known in certain circles as uber-bullshit, virginia22.  I don't know if you were alive/aware back when Khomeni had US hostages for 444 days, but I remember it all too well.  Since the US military had been pretty much declared unneeded by the liberal kum-by-ya types, we had no way to get them back.  So we had to use surrogates to pressure the Iranians.  Saddam was one of them, the primary one in fact.  And contrary to your DU friends claims, the only substantial aid we gave him were 70+ 'crop-dusting' helicopters that were purposefuly reinforced so they could be used as tank killing platforms.  We NEVER gave Saddam mustard or nerve agents.  All of Iraq's weapons systems were Russian in origin, not US, to include the chem/bio.  That is why Saddam was in hock to the Ruskies to the tune of 8+ billion dollars.

So we had to 'negotiate' with the madman Saddam.  Sometimes you have to deal with the devil you know to kill the devil you don't.  Diplomacy at its finest.  Bye-the-bye, it was the Kennedy Admin that allowed the Ba'ath Party to take power in Iraq, not the Reagan Admin.  This whole situation could have been avoided had the Dems stayed the hell out of the Middle East.  They screwed it up, but now scream "It's Bush's fault!".  I call BS.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#48]
where'd he get them?

link

link

I could go on, but you get the gist.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:48:15 AM EDT
[#49]
WRONG you troll.

Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:

WE as in the US of A.

No, actually I'm a professional hipshooter...it says so right over my picture.  And you obviously aren't cognisant of the actual meaning of the word "troll" since you use it so poorly.
WE as in the US of A didn't do ANYTHING.  Certain presidents and their staffs dealt with Saddam Hussein because, at the time, he was seen as a check on the much-more-dangerous Iranian government.  They did not, contrary to the liberal propoganda you swallow whole, give him WMDs.  They DID put him touch with the French and Germans, who did sell him components for chemical weapons, as did the Soviets.
At the time he used those weapons against the Iranians, we couldn't have stopped him even if we'd wanted to, as any military action against Iraq would have been opposed by the Soviets.  Also at the time, as I am sure you've forgotten as you were likely in diapers, the Iranians were sworn enemies of the US who had sponsored terrorist activities against us and kept Americans hostage for over a year, so we weren't crying bitter tears at their extermination.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:48:31 AM EDT
[#50]
(sarcasm)444 days is nothing. Reagan should have done what Carter did and kept trying to negotiate.

This was just another example of nuissance terrorism.(/sarcasm)

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top