Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 7:14:01 PM EDT
Exactly what happens to the FFL yellow sheet info? Does it go into a BATF storage file? I know, stupid question but----.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
They are shipped to India where the info is uploaded on computers for long-term storage in preparation for national registration.  A copy is also sent to the UN.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
No, silly, they are destroyed after 24 hours, you really think goverment would lie to us.
ETA  Oops, I was thinking of the instant criminal background check
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#3]
4473's stay with the dealer until they go out of business and then they are forwarded to the BATFE.

I think the dealer can destroy after a set number of years (20, 30?).

Of course we've seen that doesn't mean shit.  When the MD "snipers" were doing their thing, the cops rounded up THOUSANDS of 4473's from dealers and started calling and showing up on gun-owners door steps asking to "examine" their rifles.  It took months for some of them to get their firearms back and the cops setup a task force to find those owners that "shouldn't have guns" based on those confiscated 4473's.

Remember "Red Dawn"?  First thing they went for.

Anyone that says we don't have de-facto gun registration in this country is kidding themselves.  It's just not all in the .gov database... YET.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top