Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 9:35:25 AM EDT

This weekend I passed by a NIB Glock 34 with 2 10-round mags at a gunshow for $565.   I wanted to get the dealer  to swap out the two 10s for 17s, but he said he would have had to charge me $30 EACH.   The booth next to his was selling them for $25.  He wouldn't budge on the price.  I even suggested that he  keep both 10s and give me 1 17-rounder, but still no.

It was 10 minutes until the end of the gunshow and I walked away.    

With 2 17 round magazines and tax, it would have cost  $662.50.  I have to believe that when they ship with 17s, they'll be cheaper than that.   But maybe not.    

Did I pass up an overall good deal?

John K.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The price sounds O.K. if you would have been happy with the 10 round magazines.  I think you made a good choice to wait for the 17 round magazines you really want.  I have nine 17 round magazines for my Glock 34 - you really want the high capacity magazines with a full size nine millimeter.  In the same size weapon package, I would rather have 17 rounds instead of 10 rounds.  Many of us have made bad purchases or declined to make good purchases at gun shows, but I think your instincts are usually right.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This weekend I passed by a NIB Glock 34 with 2 10-round mags at a gunshow for $565.   I wanted to get the dealer  to swap out the two 10s for 17s, but he said he would have had to charge me $30 EACH.   The booth next to his was selling them for $25.  He wouldn't budge on the price.  I even suggested that he  keep both 10s and give me 1 17-rounder, but still no.

With 2 17 round magazines and tax, it would have cost  $662.50.  I have to believe that when they ship with 17s, they'll be cheaper than that.   But maybe not.    

John K.

IT'S A TRAP!!!

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

John K.

You did right.  I wouldn't pay more than $530 with Std. Cap. mags.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the feedback, y'all.  I feel better now.

John K.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

John K.

Just remember:

If he will let you walk away over a small issue, then just walk away.

BTW, he's sure going to need a lot of BBQ sause when he eats those 10 rounders.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#6]
glocks are $489 at Bernies(just north of Atlanta) I wouldn't have paid that. Glock is selling their mags for $20 each. Don't let these ass bags get over on you. Search around and you will be surprised at the deal you can find on Glocks in the Atlanta area. I got my 3rd Gen G-22 out the door for $519. close to my house in McDonough, Ga
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top