Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 8:02:24 PM EDT
I watched tonight’s debate and truly believe that skerry had his ass handed to him.  I thought Bush did a horrible job on the first debate.  

Tonight I'm watching pundit after pundit telling everyone that skerry won, or tied Bush...WTF?  Did I see a different debate?  

I watched Bush score Touchdown after touchdown on points.  Yes, he might have missed a few, but my gosh, how the hell can you call that a tie?  Hell if you have 4 receivers in the end zone, you have to throw the ball to one of them....they can't all get the ball.  I swear even FNC is saying that Bush missed a chance here.  

Am I alone on this?  Am I that biased?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
That's the Conservative Liberal Media Bias in action.

What did you expect?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Check this poll, 29% Bush???  www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]
... makes no never mind, vote your hearts on 11/2

... that's all
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Don't mean nothing.

The DNC has sent out links and instruction on how to stuff online polls.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Shit, what possible reason do you have that makes you believe these people can think for themselves.    They never could.  That is why there are internet polls, and that is why DU'h likes to cheat the polls.  They know that even if they personally think and believe President Bush won, if their polls lean way to the contrary, they will go with the polls when answering questions.  

It's about accountability.  If someone calls them on their remark, they just point to the polls and say "see, they agree and therefore I am correct".

The burden of proof lies with those who didn't cheat the polls.

We will know the truth on Nov 2nd.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
... makes no never mind, vote your hearts on 11/2

... that's all

I'd like to believe you, but Mom and pop America seem to be influenced by this sort of bullshit.  Kerry could have said he was Osama himself, and the media would have said he won.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Those polls are actually good for us. That will make their side relax a little and energize our side when it should be the other way around. Thats for likely voters.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I think Bush looked better this go around.  I hate watching this stuff though it's like wathcing my favorite football team play but without a score.  I watch this stuff and get more pissed off at Kerry, because I'm voting on which guy is more likely to support the issue I want, not how well he can debate.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I was able to listen to about 15 minutes of it on break time, I thought W did a damn good job on lurch
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't mean nothing.

Hear this, and hear it well.
This is how the Dem's play ball now.

It will be much the same in the general election.
Their standard mode of operation is to cheat.
That's how they think. That's how they live.
We need to win by a large margin in all states, or we are doomed.
I would be willing to believe as much as 1-2% points will fraudulently go to Kerry in many states.
This is war, and the Republican party isn't fighting as well in the political war, as they are in the war on terror.

I pray that I am wrong.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#11]
No, you're right on.  Bush was embarrassingly owned in the first debate.  I dreaded this one.  He did fine, and put Kerry off guard many times, as well as making the all-important funny.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Hilary just said Kerry won too..  so it must be true ..  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Who won the debate?   * 701303 responses  
Pres. Bush
30%  
Sen. Kerry
70%  

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Whenever anyone asks me anything about Bush winning the debate, from this time forward I will respond with "Need some wood?".
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I watched tonight’s debate and truly believe that skerry had his ass handed to him.  I thought Bush did a horrible job on the first debate.  

Tonight I'm watching pundit after pundit telling everyone that skerry won, or tied Bush...WTF?  Did I see a different debate?  

I watched Bush score Touchdown after touchdown on points.  Yes, he might have missed a few, but my gosh, how the hell can you call that a tie?  Hell if you have 4 receivers in the end zone, you have to throw the ball to one of them....they can't all get the ball.  I swear even FNC is saying that Bush missed a chance here.  

Am I alone on this?  Am I that biased?

They have a plan.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't mean nothing.

Hear this, and hear it well.
This is how the Dem's play ball now.

It will be much the same in the general election.
Their standard mode of operation is to cheat.
That's how they think. That's how they live.
We need to win by a large margin in all states, or we are doomed.
I would be willing to believe as much as 1-2% points will fraudulently go to Kerry in many states.
This is war, and the Republican party isn't fighting as well in the political war, as they are in the war on terror.

I pray that I am wrong.

No you are not wrong.

The Democrats have set the table this time for massive voter fraud... it is a fact of life they cheat and we just have to work against that and move on.

The Democrats stole the 1960 election they tried to steal the last election and they will try to steal this one. It is a fact  we have to live with because the press will not address it.

I do believe this time many people that say they are voting Kerry when they go into the voting booth will vote for Bush.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pres. Bush
30%  
Sen. Kerry
70%  

701,303???  This was done by a script-kiddie.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#18]
As before, I listended to the debate on the radio. Bush did OK insofar as calling Kerry on his BS, but his tone of voice was still defensive. He did not speak with authority as Mr Cheney did the other night. I wanted W to deliver a knock out blow or at least get Kerry on the ropes. He didn't. W's tone was not reassuring, and that is what he needs to be. Most Americans WANT W to provide a clear cut, concrete reason to vote for him. He didn't.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I was proud of  W this time.  He looked alert and comfortable in the this setting.  He answered the questions directly and with authority. Personally I wished he had wore a red tie instead of blue.   But he did a fanstastic job overall.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I agree. I thought Bush really gave a poor performance on the 1st debate but did a good job tonight. He was comfortable in the setting and he took it to Kerry on every point.

Regardless of  the pro Kerry results you might hear, by Monday I believe you will see a positive bounce in the polls for Bush.

Good Job GW!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Bush simply kicked ass in this debate...There is no way that sKerry won.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Bush did well, as opposed to the 1st. Both seemed to put each other on the defensive, but W was himself and that's a big positive since the real Kerry comes off as an arrogant snake. In this round W erased the bad grade of the 1st performance. I'm betting he'll shine in the 3rd, but in the end, Nov 2 it'll be about leadership, not who can debate better. Bush is the real deal.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
As before, I listended to the debate on the radio. Bush did OK insofar as calling Kerry on his BS, but his tone of voice was still defensive. He did not speak with authority as Mr Cheney did the other night. I wanted W to deliver a knock out blow or at least get Kerry on the ropes. He didn't. W's tone was not reassuring, and that is what he needs to be. Most Americans WANT W to provide a clear cut, concrete reason to vote for him. He didn't.

I agree with this.............but mainly for the first half of the debate about the war.  What you didn't see on the radio (aren't you glad!)was that he was flailing his arms about during his defensive high pitch tone. I was really embarasserd for him.

HOWEVER, Bush was much more reassuring, with the second half of the debate on the domestic issues. This is where his faith,  higher moral standards, and true beliefs rose above Kerrys political posturing and contrived bs.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with this.............but mainly for the first half of the debate about the war.  What you didn't see on the radio (aren't you glad!)was that he was flailing his arms about during his defensive high pitch tone. I was really embarasserd for him.

HOWEVER, Bush was much more reassuring, with the second half of the debate on the domestic issues. This is where his faith,  higher moral standards, and true beliefs rose above Kerrys political posturing and contrived bs.

I was embarrassed for him in the first debate but not for a second tonight. Kerry got his ass handed to him IMHO. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I see a lot of "Kerry got his ass handed to him" type comments. Sorry, I don't agree.

To the casual observer (someone with no political knowledge), Kerry won on style. The president at times was shrill, while sKerry was pretty cool and able to answer questions more directly (no matter how untrue those answers actually were).

To the more astute observer (someone who can put style points aside), I'd call it a draw. A few times I was yelling at George to address things in Kerry's responses, and George would lapse into his same tired rhetoric. George did better than last debate, but he got his ass handed to him plenty too.

In the end, I think these debates will give Kerry some points. I just hope most people see the error of voting for a vascilating liberal POS.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I see a lot of "Kerry got his ass handed to him" type comments. Sorry, I don't agree.

To the casual observer (someone with no political knowledge), Kerry won on style. The president at times was shrill, while sKerry was pretty cool and able to answer questions more directly (no matter how untrue those answers actually were).

To the more astute observer (someone who can put style points aside), I'd call it a draw. A few times I was yelling at George to address things in Kerry's responses, and George would lapse into his same tired rhetoric. George did better than last debate, but he got his ass handed to him plenty too.

In the end, I think these debates will give Kerry some points. I just hope most people see the error of voting for a vascilating liberal POS.

I'm afraid I have to agree.  Bush did much better tonight, but Kerry is a damn smooth operater.  Note how he responded to every question by using the asker's name; and he spoke directly to the person who asked it.  Bush kept turning and addressing his responses to the whole audience.  Kerry came away looking much more personable.

Interestingly, I thought CNNs rundown afterward was much more "pro" Bush than Fox's; a real surprise to me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:11:35 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pres. Bush
30%  
Sen. Kerry
70%  

701,303???  This was done by a script-kiddie.

Someone seems to be having trouble with simple math, I guess.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:28:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Amazing - this poll shows the prez did worse this time than he did first time!

And now for the totally unnecessary
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:53:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Not to side with the dems or anything (i think Bush "won" the debate too) but, OUR side tends to stuff online polls as well. We did it on this site all the time with all those AWB polls.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top