Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 9:31:17 AM EDT
lori (wife) is in new york today for a job interview. got a call about a part time pastry chef spot so, why not. she called to tell me there are signs all over that say F*** Bush, No Bush. these are signs in store windows no less!

now, before we were married she was a Demo-rat but i have 'shown her the light' so to speak. and, yes, guns are not just ok, but RIGHT!

am i missing something? F**** Bush? didn't they just loose the world trade towers? it was not 'w' that crashed two planes into those buildings! it was not Jews, Christians, the NRA, or a Rush fan!

i must be missing something or to old already.

be well
maxwell
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#1]
They might just be signs in the windows of stores owned by gay men, i doubt the lesbians would be putting those up....
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#2]
How about this for a sign?:

FUCK NEW YORK CITY
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Now wait a sec.  Either you love NYC because of all the brave cops and firefighters who put their lives on the line in 9/11 and justified two wars, or NYC is an ungrateful pit that can go to hell, in which case, don't let me hear you be a cheerleader for war and thus a hypocrite.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

FUCK NEW YORK CITY

+.25
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Now wait a sec.  Either you love NYC because of all the brave cops and firefighters who put their lives on the line in 9/11 and justified two wars, or NYC is an ungrateful pit that can go to hell, in which case, don't let me hear you be a cheerleader for war and thus a hypocrite.

The fact that the largest terrorist attack in US history took place in NYC is irrelevant.  We would have gone to war had it happenned in Lincoln, Nebraska.

So, once again, FUCK NEW YORK CITY

That is all.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Something like that comming from a city of Arrogantg Assholes such as New Yawk? Say it isn't so! Hey NYC residents...GO FUCK YOUSELVES.

I don't really feel better, this country is headed for ugly times I'm afraid.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey. I live and work in the NYC area. We have more than our share of nutcases, but we're not all deserving of that kind of hatred you're showing. Please reconsider.

A lot of my friends were in that pile of rubble.

Edited to add: you're not diffferentiating, you guys are blindly expressing your F.U. sentiments towards all NYC people. That means you're including me, and even if you don't care about me, you're including the G.D. moderator Wave. Think again.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I gotta get me one of these for my car.

Chill BoreSighted.  You know how it is.  Nobody is actually advocating having sexual relations with the city.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Now wait a sec.

No.  You aren't worth a second.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey. I live and work in the NYC area. We have more than our share of nutcases, but we're not all deserving of that kind of hatred you're showing. Please reconsider.

Edited to add: you're not diffferentiating, you guys are blindly expressing your F.U. sentiments towards all NYC people. That means you're including me, and even if you don't care about me, you're including the G.D. moderator Wave. Think again.

OK, how about this?

FUCK THE PART OF NEW YORK CITY THAT SAYS FUCK BUSH
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, how about this?

Now that I can support.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, how about this?

Now that I can support.

Too many letters.  I can't fit FTPONYCTSFB in an oval!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Perfect

quote "we will NEVER forget" never say never as they already have
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I've heard people in the Upstate compare NYC to a tick.  I haven't seen the figures myself, but they say the City draws funds from the rest of the state because it cannot support itself.  Also, being a huge population center, it dominates politics in a state that is mostly rural.  

For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, take a look at a map of the state.  You'll be amazed at how much wilderness there is through the Adirondack Mountains.  The first time I took my wife up there (my Mom lives in Elmira) she was thinking, "New York- I really don't like the big city."  Boy, was she surprised.

I've thought that upper NY state would be a great place to live, if the place wasn't dominated by liberal policies.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Upstate NY is gorgeous, I'll agree.

On the good side(sorta) NYC will be a wasteland after getting thoroughly nuked within 10 years.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, how about this?

OK that sounds better or how about the following as there are about 150,000 republicans in NYC

FUCK All Liberal Swine New Yorkers !!  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, how about this?

OK that sounds better or how about the following as there are about 150,000 republicans in NYC

FUCK All Liberal Swine New Yorkers !!  

Or how about:

FUCK All Liberal Swine Where ever They Live!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Many, many years ago, I went through upstate NY, beautiful country in the fall. All the "locals" I talked to all said "don't go into the city, you'll never make it"
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

FUCK NEW YORK CITY

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've heard people in the Upstate compare NYC to a tick.  I haven't seen the figures myself, but they say the City draws funds from the rest of the state because it cannot support itself.  Also, being a huge population center, it dominates politics in a state that is mostly rural.  

While I agree about the population (mostly, but not ALL, are friggin' liberals , NYC in fact sends far more momney to state governemtn in ALbany than it ever receives back in state aid.

Also, NY State sends more to Washington DC than they ever get back in federal money.

Your upstate sources are incorrect.

Then I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, take a look at a map of the state.  You'll be amazed at how much wilderness there is through the Adirondack Mountains.  The first time I took my wife up there (my Mom lives in Elmira) she was thinking, "New York- I really don't like the big city."  Boy, was she surprised.

I've thought that upper NY state would be a great place to live, if the place wasn't dominated by liberal policies.  

I know.  I used to live in Saratoga for a while.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

How so?  You can hate the attack on the US for what it is, an attack on the US IN ITS TOTALITY, without approving of the culture or morals of the particular point or people attacked.  If Al Queda were to firebomb a gay bar or crash a plane into an abortion rights rally, I could still support war against AQ without embracing sodomy or abortion.  An attack on America is an attack on all of us as a whole.  While I find the culture and viewpoint of the classic Manhattanite repellent, they are still Americans exercising their freedoms as Americans and don't deserve to die on account of it, especially at the hands of foreigners.

You are an idiot.  In your own way, you're as bad as the Manhattanites I met this summer who told me that it was wrong for me to support GWB since THEY were the ones attacked and THEY all hated GWB.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While I agree about the population (mostly, but not ALL, are friggin' liberals , NYC in fact sends far more momney to state governemtn in ALbany than it ever receives back in state aid.

Also, NY State sends more to Washington DC than they ever get back in federal money.

Your upstate sources are incorrect.

+1
Upstate is a net winner as far as receiving tax money. The county my parents live in employs nearly 30% of all of it's workers in some form of government work. Unemployment hovers around 8%+ The NY local schooling system in rural areas costs a massive amount of money per student compared to the larger school districts in other states. This would be fine and dandy, but for the fact that north and west of Albany, there is no economy to speak of barring pockets around Rochester and Buffalo. That means very little tax money goes to Albany.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#26]
This is really counter-intuitive...

Shouldn't NYC be seriously R instead of D by now? I mean Bush is leading war against terror and keeping the fighting over there. NYC people experienced it first hand what it is like to be attacked by terrorists. This is like avenging the victims of 9/11 and trying to keep it from happening again.

WTF?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#27]
last time i was in manhattan the anti-bush sentitment was extremely hostile. it was beyond description. nyc is a cesspool. some people say it's what america is all about, i say it's everything that's wrong.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

How the fuck do you know who I am including when I say "Fuck New York City"?
If it is such a great bastian of Conservatism, why don't the good people go tell those store owners with the "Fuck Bush" signs to take them down or suffer the consequenses?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top