Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 5:59:57 PM EDT
caag.state.ca.us/newsalerts/2003/03-043.htm

This was 18 months ago.  I just checked my local Wal-Mart and the guy said it would be a couple of months.  IIRC that's what he said a year ago.  All they have is air rifles and ammo.  I'm thinking they might abandon firearms sales as they realize they might not be able to trust the types of employees they will get here in CA.

Anyone else have an idea.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The couple of Wal-Mart's I've been in still have the display cases setup (one even remodded and installed them AFTER sales were halted).

I also saw a CalDOJ DROS screen up on one of the terminals last week in Sporting Goods.

SOMEONE in the Wal-Mart chain-of-command must still think they're going to be allowed to sell.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
dont bet on it, move to texas, theres more than just steers and queers nowadays, we got ALIENS
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Walmart = BAD

Kalifornia = BAD

Any questions?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a friend  who works for them, she says they are in the process of hiring new clerks and training then for gun sales............  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They still sell shooting irons at teh WalMarts here in GA, they tell me that they have no intention of stopping.

You found people in the sporting goods section?

I never see anyone in them
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
The DOJ must have put them on probation for 18 mos.  They did claim 500 guns were sold improperly, kind of makes sense that they would take their punishment quietly as they are very sensitive to public opinion in SOME areas.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#8]
They did it all voluntarily to avoid penalties. They still have all of their guns in the back, and updated all of their computers for DROS. They're acting like they're going to sell guns again, SOMETIME in the future, but we don't know when. The Walmart that I go to the guy that runs sporting goods is a Korean war vet and wants to start selling guns again. He says that it's not looking so good but you never know. I want to get in on a Mini14 from them, they were super cheap before they yanked them all. When the 2000 AWB in PRK kicked in Walmart sold off all of their Mini's for $250 a pop because they thought they were going to be banned too and didn't want to get stuck with the hassle of shipping them to another store out of state.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They still sell shooting irons at teh WalMarts here in GA, they tell me that they have no intention of stopping.

You found people in the sporting goods section?

I never see anyone in them

I always have to grab the phone on the Sporting Goods counter and call someone down.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#10]
The Walmart up here in PLacerville is selling shotguns. Has a pretty good selection of "normal" ones, but nothing that looks evil.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:40:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The Walmart up here in PLacerville is selling shotguns. Has a pretty good selection of "normal" ones, but nothing that looks evil.

lucky you.....guess they only sell it in suburban areas....in the cities there's too much shoplifting and it's just not the kids....now it's the kids that does the stealing while the parents do the lookout/getaway.......mostly I've seen caught are black teens/kids....

my wife used to work at payless shoes as a part-time job and all she could tell me was almost every black person that came into the store went out with something unpaid for.....the employee's there can't do any about it when the detectors go off....they can't just stop them...one time one of the employees chased after some of the shoplifters and he almost got killed......the black ladies took off then like a half hour later, a cherokee with dark tinted windows showed up with a whole bunch of black guys and was armed....they called the cops...but it was too late....cops couldn't catch em'.  my wife then quit that job---was too scary and paid nothing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top