Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 7:17:23 AM EDT
BAN BABYSITTERS!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, October 7, 2004

Deputies: Girl, 11, attacks baby sitter
By IAN MORRISON/Staff Writer

BARSTOW — A baby-sitting job turned into a nightmare for a 34-year-old woman after a girl in her care tried to attack her with a machete Tuesday, sheriff's deputies said.

San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies responded to a 5:57 p.m. call from an unidentified woman who had locked herself in the bathroom of a residence on Western Drive, said Sgt. Doug Hubbard, of the Barstow sheriff's station.

The woman was baby-sitting an 11-year-old girl and her 12-year-old sister while their mother was at work, Hubbard said. The 11-year-old girl and the baby sitter got into an argument earlier in the day over feeding a dog at the residence, and the girl began to beat and then choke the animal, Hubbard said.

The baby sitter attempted to pry the girl off of the dog, Hubbard said. The girl then turned on the woman and began hitting her and kicking her, he said.

The scuffle between the two continued in the front yard, when the girl grabbed a small shovel and then a baseball bat and attempted to attack the woman, Hubbard said. A struggle ensued and the girl eventually managed to find a BB gun, which the woman was able to wrangle from the girl, Hubbard said.

The altercation continued until the girl then found a machete lying in the yard and began to chase the woman, who managed to grab the girl's sister and lock themselves in the residence's bathroom, Hubbard said.

The girl fled the scene on a bicycle and was apprehended at 7 p.m. without incident, deputies said. She was arrested and booked for suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon at the High Desert Juvenile Detention and Assessment Facility in Apple Valley, Hubbard said.

The girl and the woman suffered minor injuries in the incident, he said.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#1]
WTH is wrong with kids these days??   Probably her parents... or lack thereof.    Pathetic.  Really pathetic.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow.  That is far beyond normal bad teenage behaviour.  Her parents must be doing something to her.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:00:38 AM EDT
[#3]
The 12-year old sounded normal though.  Maybe the kid is psycho.  Bad parenting creates a lot of problems, but there are still kids born everyday that are just plain crazy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
BAN BABYSITTERS!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The girl fled the scene on a bicycle and was apprehended at 7 p.m. without incident, deputies said.

Ok, I laughed at that.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:09:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
1 The 11-year-old girl and the baby sitter got into an argument earlier in the day over feeding a dog at the residence, and the girl began to beat and then choke the animal, Hubbard said.

She has a future in law enforcement.
j/k

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Didn't anyone see the Exorcist, the devil made her do it
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:12:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Psychotropic drugs.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#10]
give that kid some ritalin!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I would guess that kid has her parent(s) wrapped around her little finger, and for a very long time. IME brats like that rarely turn out to be respectful older kids.

That being said, the kid still needs a severe ass woopin' It's never to late to start the action-consequences drill. I'm 6'6", 300 lbs, and I volunteer. Bring it on...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#12]
ok..

i can explain it in one or two words..

"barstow"
or
"apple valley"

apple valley is a small desert community with cheap living and nothing to do.   so.. as you imagine along with that comes white trash, rednecks, and bad parents.

barstow is same but a little bigger, and still nothing to do.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#13]
hmm..
I can see the baseball bat lying around the yard, even the shovel...but a f*ckin MACHETE?
Didn't know Mr. Voorhees had kids. Go figure.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#14]
The machete lying in the yard puzzled me too.  All I can think is that part of the yard is heavily wooded, and someone was doing some clearing??  Still very weird.

This kid sounds like a psycho.  She attacked the DOG?  WTF?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
hmm..
I can see the baseball bat lying around the yard, even the shovel...but a f*ckin MACHETE?

+1 +1

She should have kept looking. Was probably a shotgun laying around somewhere too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Holy crap!

What kind of parents does this kid have?  I wonder if they're even around.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:23:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
hmm..

+1

I expected the report to continue...

"the woman managed to wrestle the MP5 submachine gun away from the girl, at which point the young girl picked up an M18 Claymore antipersonnel mine that was lying in the yard."

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#20]
[Tinfoilhat] What kind of grown woman cant disarm an 11 year old[/tinfoilhat]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
WTH is wrong with kids these days??

Lack of parental supervision
No father
Rx meds
Hormones in meat & dairy products
Over stimulation at an early age (infants placed in front of the TV for hours on end)
Over sexualization of Teens and even preteens (Brittany, oral sex in the middle schools)
Rampant drug abuse (Cocaine, MDMA, & Meth looked at the same way as pot was 20 years ago)
entitlement mentality (Must have cable TV, DVD Player, Xbox, designer clothes, car for 16th B-day)
Materialistic elders (Spend all their time keeping up with the Joneses, home improvement junkies)
Sexual abuse (Grandpa, big brother, uncle molesting the kids)

Thats about it...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
ok..

"barstow"
or
"apple valley"

apple valley is a small desert community with cheap living and nothing to do.   so.. as you imagine along with that comes white trash, rednecks, and bad parents.

Her moms boyfriend never let her play in his meth lab?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:35:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ok..

"barstow"
or
"apple valley"

Her moms boyfriend never let her play in his meth lab?

ROFL

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:38:32 AM EDT
[#24]
People dont punish thier kids, timeout is not the same as getting your ass beat with a belt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top