Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 5:32:51 PM EDT
With all we know about Kerry, his record in the Senate, his constant flip-flopping, questionable military service among other things why is this election even close?

Is this great Republic in such a tailspin that half the population is ready to hand over this nation’s sovereignty to the EU or UN?  Most peopled polled want massive government intervention on all most every aspect of day to day life.

What has caused this and do you think we are screwed

Discuss
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Because some people think that bush is the antichrist.

that's why.

oh, and he is a republican.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Hence the expression SHEEPLE.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are Americans really this dumb?  

yes
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]
right. If a Democrat was in office everything would be A-OK. Everything would be justified. But since it is Bush, it is all his fault for everything wrong in the US and the world. So we need to get rid of him so the Democrats can fix things.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#5]
absolutely, years upon years of having no real problems, concerns or cares have turned about half of this country into panty waisted pussies that want nothing more than a handout so as to make their lives even more cushy

which is why, "i hate people"
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#6]
yes! and the hundreds of millions spent by liberals to brainwash the mindless
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#7]
ive begun to wonder
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
With all we know about Kerry, his record in the Senate, his constant flip-flopping, questionable military service among other things why is this election even close?

Is this great Republic in such a tailspin that half the population is ready to hand over this nation’s sovereignty to the EU or UN?  Most peopled polled want massive government intervention on all most every aspect of day to day life.

Discuss

Polls are way skewed. So many people are into spinning the polls, they no longer serve their purpose.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#9]
some are

it doesnt matter if you are a republican or a democrat
it matters on the person and his/her morals and common sense

we're not screwed , yet......i dont think that kery will be that bad, but i'm voting BUSH anyway just to be safe
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Discuss

All this can go back to the turn of the 20th century and the social progressives.  It started with Marx and continued with Roosevelt and kept going.

The New Deal created a generation of people dependent on the gov't for money.  They then passed their values on down, and created a generation of nothing but greedy people who only care about themselves and no one else.  The mentality that the better of the country, of the people of a whole is gone.  The new slogan is "Me first, what I want first, and what can I get out it?"

That's why social security is a fallacy.  It's a crock of shit.  Old people having to live on a "fixed income."  Bull shit - that person had 70 years to SAVE for their retirement.  Don't come crying to the gov't now you can't make ends meet.  That is what family/private charities/individual citizens are for.  If someone like ben affleck wants to do that with his money, great!  But don't tax me to pay for someone else.  I have my own bills to pay and I'm saving every penny I can (after my AR purchases of course) for retirement.  I'm only 23!  I know what to expect, but stupidity is a disease/mental illness and can't be cured easily.  

This is now seen in every day tactics used by the Demoncats, the Liberals, and even the Republicans on some issues.  These people are nothing more than selfish elitist who want to stay in power, which means appeasing the masses.  That's why TV is the brainsucker of life.  It appeases the masses and keeps the sheeple occupied while allowing those in power to do what they want.

/rant off
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#12]
The people who want their money back vote Republican.

The people who want "your" money vote Democrat.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#13]
IMO....  Only die hard globalists want that, and they are relatively few.  Nanny statists have no interest in actually handing over national soverignty.  They are using it, only because it makes Bush look like the very type of Rogue that he claims to be fighting.  

Power is a zero sum game.  The US left says this, only because they don't currently have power, so it's a no risk.  If they had it, you wouldn't hear an internationalist peep.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes that many Americans are that stupid.  Why do you think companies don't want to employ these morons.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Once Clinton won THE SECOND TIME, I realized there was no saving the republic.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

About 20% ARE that dumb.  Another 20% hate GWB so much they don't care about what happens to the country.  That pretty much accounts for the 40% of the population who consistently vote for the Dems.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#17]
The mere fact that Kerry is even in the game does dishearten me.  I grieve for the ignorance of some of my fellow Americans.  Most educated, aware citizens would never vote for Kerry...liberal elites excepted of course.

For example, last week we went to dinner with some old friends, a former shipmate, his missus and their seventeen year old daughter.  The young lady is an exceptionally good student and headed to a fine university in the near future.  The FIRST think that Momma and she asked me, the pedantic old edumicated fart, was about the FUCKING DRAFT!!!

I quickly disavowed them of this incredible canard being perpetrated upon us by the stinking lefty loonies in their lame attampt to smash the president.  Once I had 'splained that their princess wasn't in danger of being called up (Like her dad and I were ) they all calmed down.  What pissed me off was that although they are both bright and well educated, neither mom nor daughter was informed enough to recognize the lie.  I told them to quit watching Today, The View, CNN, and the network news programs and stick to Fox.

Unfortunately the term "sheeple" comes to mind.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Agreed. I was only 18 when he won the first time and I loathed the fact that he won so easily given all of the scandel in his life.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
yes! and the hundreds of millions spent by liberals to brainwash the mindless

Don't you mean the Trillions of $ since the '60s?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I KNOW!!  I can't believe the polls!    I hope Da_Bunny is right about these crazy poll numbers.  I too was shocked Clinton got re-elected.  I chalked it up to Dole's lack of energy.  He looked and acted like a tired old man.  Swing voters (idiots) couldn't get excited about him.  JMHO.  W OTOH is very dynamic (for a Republican) and has made some very popular descisions (ie tax cuts, welfare reform, allowing the AWB to sunset).  I just can't explain Kerry's popularity.  It must be the "free" media blitz he's getting and the effect of the new Campaign (1st Amendment restricting) Finance Law.  The liberal media gets an A+ for confusing the Iraq issue!!

VOTE W '04

-YJ
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll pass on this one as my answer would be biased, heh...heh.
eh?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A HUGE +1--I have come to never underestimate the stupidity of Americans in large groups.  

A BIGGER +1

That, and when O.J. was found not guilty.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Discuss

The answer is YES, a very measurable percentage of Americans are the biggest dumbfucks around. Now, ask WHY..

For starters, many of America's so called institutions of "Higher education" have indoctrinated generations of youth of what is deemed "acceptable beliefs", to wit: "Politically correct". In colleges and universities, you either adopt the ethics of your professors or face ridicule, scorn and a big fat "F" for the course. Of course, announcing to your classmates and professors that you are either a 1. Republican, 2. Gun owners, 3. Heterosexual, 4. MALE, 5. Caucasion, 6. Christian, 7. Still stand for the pledge of allegiance or even PLEDGE IT, will instantly subject you to being an OUTCAST, you might as well be a serial killer. If you want acceptance, you are taught quickly that you must assimilate their values, plagerize them, say these things over and over again until you blindly believe in their bullshit.

Assignment of BLAME: Here's a BIG one, when something goes wrong, when ANYTHING goes wrong, and, it's news worthy, shocking, upsetting, provoking an emotional reaction, we're taught to assign blame. Ignoring the obvious that at times "shit happens". It doesn't matter if the blame lie upon the guilty party, as long as it' "Someone's fault".

Shed YOUR culture if you are caucasion. This is the land of "African Americans", "Mexican Americans", Etc. Never mind that our so called "African Americans" have never been to Africa and probably could NOT point it out on a map. If you remember a time when EVERYONE was simply AMERICAN, you're OUT, you're OLD NEWS and behind the times. However, feel FREE to celebrate Cinco De Mayo, Brown Pride Day, Black Pride day, however, if you even THINK about celebrating a "WHITE PRIDE" day, you are soooo screwed! You must understand that during periods of slavery, even if you wern't born yet, if you're white, it's YOUR FAULT and don't you ever forget it.

Straight is HATE and GAY IS TODAY: Are you heterosexual? If so, YOU ARE WRONG! That's right, you are WRONG! Filthy redneck breeders! This is the America of GAY PRIDE! It's the rainbow cavalry and don't even think about wearing a shirt that says "STRAIGHT PRIDE" because there are battalians of light in the loafer lawyers ready to sue you into submission until you too profess that you like it in the butt. There's a young man In San Diego, who a week ago wore a shirt that says "Homosexuality is shamefull" at school during it's "GAY PRIDE WEEK" even at school! Yes! The GAYS are allowed to celebrate being GAY, at school, in essence, they are permitted to advertise their sexuality in public forum at school and ANY opposition will be dealth with severly.

MAN KILLS GOD: Mainstream America wants you to know that GOD DOES NOT EXIST. And, if you say otherwise, your a "fundie nazi". Better substitute "one nation under GOD" with "One nation under DOG" or you may get suspended from school.

MEN are SCUM! Nearly ANY women will tell you so! And, it's perfectly acceptable for a woman to beat the living dog shit out of a man, because we all know that somehow, somewhere, the son of a bitch probably deserved it.  When divorce happens to ANY couple, you can easily hear "I hope the fucker pays", "Take him for all he's got", etc. You've probably said as much yourself. If a woman professes her hatred of men, we think "Wow, some guy really fucked HER over", however, if a man professes hatred of women, he's a mysoginistic LOSER and a whackjob! if you've got a penis, run, don't walk, to your "quiet place" and blow your fucking brains out, because your an ICKY MAN and the world will be a better place without you.

LAY DOWN AND BE A GOOD VICTIM: That's right! Do it! Because if you don't, and you do decide to defend yourself, you DO stand a chance of being arrested and or sued for hurting your attacker, and, if you resist your attacker and you die, you deserved it for not obeying your attacker. The Government wants you to know that.

NO ONE NEEDS A GUN! We have Police to protect us! And the government wants you to know THAT too! Nevermind they are an after the fact thing. It's not like they will stand outside of your bedroom with weapon in hand ready to defend YOU. NOPE! They will come around ex post facto, and maybe, if your lucky, you didn't get Barney Fife as the detective investigating your rape/murder/burglary/assault/whatever, maybe, just maybe, your killer may get caught, but, you don't need a gun, because if you had one, your attacker would just rape/murder/burglarize/assault/whatever you WORSE because we ALL know, guns in the home make things worse!!! Dianne Fienstein says so and sshe'd NEVER lie to us, right?

CONFORM!!!! Why? That's easy, did you see the asswhipping the government brought to Ruby Ridge? There are many more examples, have fun doing a search!

Our Army keeps us FREE...... So, just toss out the 2nd amendment, we don't need that "antiquated right" anymore. This isn't the wild west anymore... (Or is it WORSE?)

Stop thinking for yourself! We've an elected body that thinks for all of us! They make laws that are designed to make our lives better. Of course, They're working around the clock to figure out just how to get criminals to obey the law! I imagine, they'll make a law requiring everyone to obey the law, right?

Who made THIS mess? WE DID... We really ARE THAT DUMB!

Lulled into a false sense of security MANY decades ago, we grew apathetic, and in doing so, we gave the uglier sides of humanity acceptance to the point where anything other than is totally unacceptable. Right is wrong and wrong is right. How did it happen? We ceased being accountable, gave the job to politicians, teachers, terrorists, homosexuals and radicals and sat back in our lazy boy recliners while America changed. In doing so, we became weak and stupid. Ask yourself this, are YOU ready to revolt, even if it's ONLY YOU? If NOT, you are PART of the problem.

As you read my post, you will decide ONE of two possible thoughts about ME: You will either nod your head so hard in affirmation that you'll suffer whiplash, or you will think I am a right wing extremist nutjob. Either way, it doesn't matter. ALL of the above was accomplished by incrimentalism, it happened so slow and gradual that the majority of Aamericans are STILL asleep. What will change? Who will YOU tell about this? How far will talk like this go?

Is there hope? I think so. Even in THIS mess, this nation is STILL the BEST PLACE ON EARTH. How things will change, I do not know. I do know that the potential for change exists. My red white and blue spirit says so.

I hope that my many typos didn't dilute the meaning in the message.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes

Yes...and some of them vote libertarian.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes

Yes...and some of them vote libertarian.

SGatr15

I hope some of those stupid jerkoffs vote for Nader again, Dubya's a shoo-in....
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Here is the really scarry part women out number men,and control most of the money and if banded together could control whom is in office!!

They have just never got together collectively to back any canidate strongly enough!!!

But I am feeling that the women voters are now leaning towards John Kerry and John Edwards!!!

God help us all if this trend doesn't change!!!!

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top