Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 2:29:13 PM EDT
Stories about Ebay, sending your money and getting nothing or something you did not want is too risky for me.  I am about to spend about $5-600 on a new PC and am looking for an on-line source (not Dell - again too many horror stories) who can build a reliable PC to some very basic specifications.  Anybody know a good wholesale/retail place that I can email or call?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought mine from www.ibuypower.com and couldn't be happier.  Mine has been running strong well over a year and my brother's for 2 1/2 years.  Check them out.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Alienware or ViciousPC. I got mine from Vicious PC and its been great.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
What do you want out of a PC.  

Top of the line,  Hardcore games, video editing and other intense apps then you want
Falcon Northwest
Alien Ware

I personally use a Dell and have had no problems.  There are a ton of computer companies selling really good stuff.  Pick up a copy of PC gamer, its full of ads for PC's.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#5]
There isn't anything in an Alienware or FalconPC that you can't build yourself for cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Alienware or build it yourself.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#7]
tigerdirect.com, you can check which parts are compatable with which ones.  I have bought stuff from them and Newegg. Had good luck with both.  Pricewatch.com can get you good prices on parts you are looking for.  I bought an Alienware 6 years ago and am still using it, works awesome.  Am going to build my own using the case and disk drive from that computer, just upgrade the motherboard and processor.  It's really not that hard anymore.  tigerdirect has a article on how to build a computer step by step.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#8]
You can avoid the horror stories by getting a computer built by a local computer store.  i work for one here in lex, ky.  I can build anything and everything you can possibly want.  Why get a computer built by dell, gateway and all the other big manufactors, when you call for tech support your calling india and other coutries.  You can't understand them it takes you three times as long as it should to get something done.   if you get a custom built computer locally you get a better computer and local support and you don't have to hold on the phone. you can usually talk to someone in a matter of seconds.  plus you don't have to ship the computer for warranty repair you can take in back to whoever built it.  enough said
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I've know several people who went with IBuyPower, and all of them were happy with their purchase. I'd still say figure out what you want, order it from Newegg, and build it up. Saves money, you learn a bit about the PC, and it's tons of fun (just  remember....alcohol + computer building = danger!)...
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't buy from Cyberpower!   Worst experience on anything  I have ordered on the internet

period.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Tag
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#13]
www.newegg.com
all you ever need
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
www.newegg.com
all you ever need

+1 on Newegg.com

Fritz
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.newegg.com
all you ever need

+1 on Newegg.com

Fritz

+2
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#16]
tagged
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top