Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 9:11:21 AM EDT
You know what this means boys and girls? Howard will have no restrictions on what he can say or do once he makes the jump to light speed. The FCC does not control satellite transmissions. Hehe. You know what this is going to also mean for the Sirius stock holders? Well, my shares have already doubled. And the only way for people to listen to howard will be on Sirius in 06. So that means only good things for Sirius and its shareholders.

biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041006/nyw109_1.html

<---------Oh, and this is my Gratuitous .556 post!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
You know what this means boys and girls? Howard will have no restrictions on what he can say or do once he makes the jump to light speed. The FCC does not control satellite transmissions. Hehe. You know what this is going to also mean for the Sirius stock holders? Well, my shares have already doubled. And the only way for people to listen to howard will be on Sirius in 06. So that means only good things for Sirius and its shareholders.

biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041006/nyw109_1.html

<---------Oh, and this is my Gratuitous .556 post!

And if your stock doubles 10 more times, it will equal my gain in XMSR. (I own SIRI, too )
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#3]
He saw the writing on the wall. Kerry is going to lose and Powell Jr. was going to hang him.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Satelite radio sucks.  Nobody is going to pay to listen to Howard Stern.  Would you pay money to hear a bunch of dumbasses talk about dick size and anal sex?  Shit, just hang out with a bunch of high school boys, you'll get the same topics, but the material will be fresher.

I predicted that all his poor me bullshit this year was an effort to prime his audience of dumbasses for a jump to pay radio.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh boy! Howard Stern can now be as lude and vulgar as he wants with no pesky ideas about "decency and propriety" to stop him.

So now he can PROPERLY foul the air, because he wasn't doing enough before.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Good f*ckin' riddance!

Stern will find a hard way to go on satelite.....  

It's interesting to note that his very success rests on "The Government" attacking him for pushing the envelope; It attracted listeners.  He'll fade away on satelite....................
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Who cares?

Never listen to him and never will.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#8]
First off, how many markets was Stern in? He has a big following. he was almost everywhere before he got 'fired' from several affiliates. I think People will pay to hear him. I also think that Sattelite radio is the wave of the future. Just like cable was in the early 80's and companys like AOL in their heyday. Many people had the foresight to invest in the beginning of those companies and are now millionaires. Satellite is the same.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I woke up listening to that asshole talking about Cheney setting up a shadow corporation so he could do dealings with Libya, "a dictatorship worse than stalin and hitler combined"

Burn, you dick.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#10]
He's certainly an oxygen thief. You lose IQ points every time you hear him open his pie hole.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#11]
If his current employer is smart they will take him off the air about six months before he switches to Sirius pay Stern and let his sit around and watch his fan base go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Great.  Now Stern can be boring in another venue.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Satelite radio sucks.  Nobody is going to pay to listen to Howard Stern.  Would you pay money to hear a bunch of dumbasses talk about dick size and anal sex?  Shit, just hang out with a bunch of high school boys, you'll get the same topics, but the material will be fresher.

I predicted that all his poor me bullshit this year was an effort to prime his audience of dumbasses for a jump to pay radio.

+1

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#15]
The sooner, the better....
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I like sattellite radio, but Howard Stern is a dumbass. I fucking hate his stupid show.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Stern who?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Here let me sum up every show he's ever done.

"Let me see your boobs
Take off your panties
What I would do to you if I wasn't married/taken/whatever"

The End.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Stern hasn't had an original or funny thought in decades....................sat radio is a good place for him and he won't see any of my money....................................
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Stern is a shrewd businessman with one of the best agents in the business. He knows what his audience wants and he gives it to them.  He was reportedly making 31 million a year in his current contract.  You can pretty much guarantee that his 5 year deal with Sirius has the potential to be even more lucrative for him.  He has a huge listener base that is very loyal to him and will follow him wherever he goes.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Ya know... I am looking like the minority in this one but I do listen to Stern from time to time and I am quite curious what he does if he is free....  Hell, I might end up looking into Satellite Radio for that reason alone....

Anybody know what it costs?

How does the subscription to get music, etc work?

Ya... I know... 34 going on 12!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#22]
From what I've heard, CIRI only has about 600,000 subscribers.  I guess they are banking on the fact  Hope that he'll bring a few million over.  I doubt it when you gotta buy a radio and pay monthly fees.  I also heard on Neil Cavuto's show that it is costing CIRIUS approx 500 million for 5 years, with the majority of it going to Stern.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Fuck stern, the dirty bastard could die for all I cared
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top