Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/5/2004 2:41:17 AM EDT
How many times you see the soldier using the mag well as the forward grip?  I do the same actually, but I love it when there's a forward pistol grip there.  

I realize he'll pribably switch to teh grip for CQB or if he needs his light, but I just think they're funny pics.

]

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:46:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:48:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Proof that how you train is how you fight.
He probably didn't get a forward grip till recently.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:48:51 AM EDT
[#3]
hahahah -good point of balance comment.  i always see that add in shotgu nnews with the company that will "texturize" teh front of the magwell of your receiver.  I'm an inch away from doing that myself.

Proof that how you train is how you fight
+1,000,000  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:50:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would hold it like that too if someone put all that shit on my rifle.

Yeah, KISS!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:52:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Mega lowers come from the factory with the texturing machined into mag well
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:52:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:52:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually he'd be more comfortable with that weight if he put his hand on the grip.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:53:51 AM EDT
[#8]
USA soldiers have been at the forefront of improvising to facilitate getting jobs done from day 1 of the republic. So why should this be different?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:57:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:16:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:17:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I bet the problem is that he has his forward grip too far forward and it is uncomfortable to use it.

Most likely, he attached it shortly after he picked up the rifle and he either doesn't know how to move it or doesn't have the tools.

As for the first one, obviously his light is in the way.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:43:10 AM EDT
[#12]
He's boots on the ground.

Far be it from me to criticise his rifle hold.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:55:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:01:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Most likely, he attached it shortly after he picked up the rifle and he either doesn't know how to move it or doesn't have the tools.

FYI, It doesn'r require any tools to adjust the fore grip.

Yeah, what he said x2
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:05:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
i always see that add in shotgu nnews with the company that will "texturize" teh front of the magwell of your receiver.

One of the manufacturers who make lowers, Mega, I think, comes with a textured gridding on the
front of the magwell on their receiver. I don't have hands-on experience with one, just seen the
pics. ISTR that it was a larger square pattern.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:07:05 AM EDT
[#16]
So where are the funny pics? Works for me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:08:56 AM EDT
[#17]
The farther you move your grip back, the easier to carry the rifle in the ready, the farther forward it is the more taxing it is to keep the weapon up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:12:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i always see that add in shotgu nnews with the company that will "texturize" teh front of the magwell of your receiver.

One of the manufacturers who make lowers, Mega, I think, comes with a textured gridding on the
front of the magwell on their receiver. I don't have hands-on experience with one, just seen the
pics. ISTR that it was a larger square pattern.

They call it "Gator Grip"
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:13:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I've found myself reverting to a mag hold after a mag change.  Don't know why as my last carbine course with Pat Rogers i used a VFG so i would think i should have that programmed by now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:14:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So where are the funny pics? Works for me.

If it were a pic of the IDF, and I said IDF soldier had a "funny grip" THAT would be anti-semitic.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:15:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yeah, what he said x2

FYI, it does require tools for MANY manufacturer's grips.  Namely the KAC which I am pretty sure is the issue grip.

I don't see what the problem is.  We aren't ridiculing the guy for his grip, we are pointing out that he is just going back to what he is accustomed to.  Just goes to show that you can't slap something on a rifle and expect a soldier to use it right away.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:26:35 AM EDT
[#22]
I used to hold my mag/mag well when live firing at the range, I suspect that I'd do it in combat too. It's really not uncomfortable and was more stable than holding your hand WTF out there on the handguards. JMHO YMMV
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:29:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, what he said x2

FYI, it does require tools for MANY manufacturer's grips.  Namely the KAC which I am pretty sure is the issue grip.

Are you saying that the KAC vertical grip requires a tool to adjust?

Chris
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:40:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, what he said x2

Are you saying that the KAC vertical grip requires a tool to adjust?

Chris

Sorry, I was wrong.  I was thinking about the GGG grip which I am pretty sure has an allen head screw.  The KAC does not require tools.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:43:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone that can call in aircraft and/or artillery support.

I not gonna criticize.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:45:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:48:30 AM EDT
[#27]
It's not exactly unprecedented...

home.wanadoo.nl/barebow/barebow/images/25ID_Vietnam_Dusk.jpg  ETA - the pic is big

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:50:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

+1

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:54:51 AM EDT
[#29]
where the FUCK did this criticize shit come from.  NOT MY ORIGINAL POST.  there was ZERO negative here.  I thought it humorous - the redundancy of the VFG.  I think I made that very very clear.  JEEEEEEEEBUZ you flame-starters are NUTS!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:56:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Someone is wond a little tight I think.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:56:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm sorry chapped joe -

Could you speak up???

Didn't hear anything after "funny..."

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:29:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Arfkom is really a love/hate thing.  I love the site but hate you motherfuckers.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:41:05 AM EDT
[#33]
I've seen pics of Romanian troops with AKs and forward grips. They still have their hand around the mag and magwell. I personally do the same thing and think that forward grips are a waste.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
where the FUCK did this criticize shit come from.  NOT MY ORIGINAL POST.  there was ZERO negative here.  I thought it humorous - the redundancy of the VFG.  I think I made that very very clear.  JEEEEEEEEBUZ you flame-starters are NUTS!!!!!

You must be from NY.  AH HA! I see you are.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:36:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Nothing wrong with switching back and forth from the mag well to a vertical grip.  I do it all the time as the situation requires...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#36]
I still have yet to install a vertical grip on any of my personal weapons.  I doubt I ever will.  I, too, just pull into the magazine well if necessary.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I used to hold my mag/mag well when live firing at the range, I suspect that I'd do it in combat too. It's really not uncomfortable and was more stable than holding your hand WTF out there on the handguards. JMHO YMMV

+1

Def more stable since you can tuck your arm into your body for support. Esp. if you're doing it all day like these guys are.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

What ever is right.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

There THAT is!

AB
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
He helped clear Samarra last weekend.

We all sat around on the internet and debated the "value" of  "Shit" on our rifles....

word.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

+3
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I agree
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#44]
I've often found it's more convienient to move your grip rearward, to right about where the magwell is...

Unless you like keeping your arm stretched all the way out to the muzzle all day...

VFGs have their place in controlling FA fire (ala Thompson), but the magwell is far more convenient & provides better support for semi...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:29:07 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Arfkom is really a love/hate thing.  I love the site but hate you motherfuckers.

Niiiiccceeeeeee.

Being here is a CHOICE. NO ONE is holding a gun to your head.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Far be it from me to crticize those guys.  God bless em and keep them safe.  They also might be trying to avoid switching on their grip activated lights, which could certainly attract someone's attention.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#47]
[Sen Feinstein]these guns are meant for spray fire from the hip, that's why they have that handle thingie...and you can do it with just one hand.[/Sen. Feinstein]

Simply put, the criminal population is way ahead of the Army in knowing how to kill.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

BINGO!!! Spoken like a well schooled firearms instructor.

Hunter out...

edited because my post made no sense without the quote
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
for aimed fire , it a very good hold.

What exactely would the hold be for unaimed fire? And why?

Hunter out...

edited because I forgot the damn QUOTE again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top