Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 5:36:42 PM EDT
So, on my infamous "Other Forum I Frequent," there has been a little war going on. I had an avatar of tuhRAYsa making her retard face, and a loc that said, "Vote TuhRAYsuh! She am the smartay wumman!" Somebody told me it was offensive and asked me to change it. I did. To this and "Vote Antichrist 2004! Anybody but Bush!" So I got this PM:

MKX

Can I ask you a favor? It's your perogative of course, but as a Christian I find your avatar a bit disquieting.

And I also feel it lowers the level of the political discourse here.

Of course I know that people on the Kerry side have done similar things to pictures of Bush, but I haven't enjoyed that much either, and people here on S.N tend to be better behaved than that.

Okay, it's religious. Fine. So I change it to a cropped version of this and "Vote Kerry 2004. He swears he's not gay!"

Which gets me the following:

Your loaction implies that being gay is a bad thing, a defect, something to be ashamed of. So yeah, it goes past the limits of a joke.

I would ask you to change it, but I know you would just ignore me.

I'm quite sure you don't need me to tell you that what you've got posted as your current Avatar and Location isn't cool. I really don't want to ban you, but I've had several complaints, and if you don't change them to something that's not abrasive and culturally insensitive, I'm afraid this will be cause for your third warning.

My first warning was for responding to another poster threatening me with physical violence. My second was for posting this about the AF and antimatter (they were talking about how it would screw up MAD and how we shouldn't have that power):

I think this is a good thing. To h**l with MAD, we're AMERICA! Fear us, puny countries! You better not start making nukes! In fact, give us money! YES! WE ARE AWESOME!

Edit: The above is completely and thoroughly non-sarcastic.

2nd edit:

So I change it to a red X and "This avatar censored for your eyes courtesy of you guys trying to get me banned. Happy now?"

Which, of course, gets me this:

The words posted in your location in response to my previous PM to you have been deleted.

So now I just have the red X and "Something Inoffensive" as my location.

This is all just a really long way of saying something PG-13 or less, not "abrasive" or "insensitive," and highly able to piss liberals off (this board is the rough equivalent of DUh without as many bannings).
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#1]

'Kum Ba Yah, My Lord, '  No.  Too Religious.

How 'bout,

'I'd like to teach
 the world to sing,
 in perfect harmony.....'  Give 'em all a Coke.  Hippies in a flower field.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Found one:

"Halliburton: I'm Lovin' It."
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It's all yours buddy.  I'll even resize it for ya.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a real fun place to hang out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top