Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 12:26:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
in-state, you don't have to do anything; just transfer face-to-face. Some state laws differ, but there's no federal law stopping you from doing face-to-face transfers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Out of state you need to have them send you an ink signed copy of their dealers liscence. You have to ship to a dealer out of state. In state face to face is fine. Same goes for buying but you send the copy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ok.. but what about all that paperwork the dealer makes me sign.  Isn't there anything I have to do as far as 'background check' on the individual I'm selling to?  Is there any chance that I'll ship it to an out-of-state dealer for a customer to pick it up, and then they'll refuse to give it to them b/c of a background check of some type?  Thanks.

Probably not going to happen if you're selling through this site or other gun sites. Most guys know wether or not they're going to pass a background check. I've done maybe 200 deals over the net and never had a single problem. On the off chance something does happen, it's not really your problem that I can see. What happens on his end is on him.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ok.. but what about all that paperwork the dealer makes me sign.  Isn't there anything I have to do as far as 'background check' on the individual I'm selling to?  Is there any chance that I'll ship it to an out-of-state dealer for a customer to pick it up, and then they'll refuse to give it to them b/c of a background check of some type?  Thanks.

The FFL holder you are required to send it to takes care of the transaction just like any other. They run the NICS check, the holding period, just as with any new weapon. Your part is over the moment your securely ship the item to the FFL for a legal transfer. You should be paid before you do this, or at the very least paid as soon as the item is confirmed received by the FFL. What happens after that, if the Buyer fails a NICS check, is the buyer's problem in all regards - you've fulfilled your legal and seller obligations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top