Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 8:22:04 PM EDT
I'm not his messanger , I'm just forwarding what I got in a message from my father in law.

Message from Jim Scoutten:

In my opinion, it's the biggest story in sport shooting that's never been told... until now.

This week we begin a two-show series presenting our US Shooting Team.

First up this week is the shotgun team led by Coach Lloyd Woodhouse.

The following week we profile the members of the US Team who shoot rifle and pistol in international competition.

We can only guess why NBC didn't choose to cover the shooting competition at the 2004 Olympics...  why they presented beach volleyball and women dancing with ribbons instead of Trap and Skeet, Rifle and Pistol.

But as the Exclusive TV sponsor of our National Team, we're proud to be presenting the stories of our outstanding shooting athletes during the next two weeks of broadcasts.

I'm also going to ask you to join me in supporting our team by becoming a Supporting Member.  They are not well funded and need our help.  If America's shooters and gun owners don't step up to help, who will?

Here are the show dates and times:

Shotgun Team:

Thursday 9/30  9:00 PM Eastern - 6:00 PM Pacific
Thursday 9/30 10:00 PM Pacific  (Friday 1:00 AM Eastern)
Sunday 10/3  9:30 AM Eastern - 6:30 AM Pacific
Monday 10/4  7:00 PM Eastern - 4:00 PM Pacific
Monday 10/4  11:30 PM Pacific - (Tuesday 2:30 AM Eastern)

Rifle & Pistol Team:

Thursday 10/7  9:00 PM Eastern - 6:00 PM Pacific
Thursday 10/7 10:00 PM Pacific  (Friday 1:00 AM Eastern)
Sunday 10/10  9:30 AM Eastern - 6:30 AM Pacific
Monday 10/11  7:00 PM Eastern - 4:00 PM Pacific
Monday 10/11  11:30 PM Pacific - (Tuesday 2:30 AM Eastern)

There's more info posted at the website:    www.ShootingUSA.com

Be sure to let me know what you think of our effort to showcase our National Team.

Jim Scoutten
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Woah... thanks for the info... Gonna look for it.

Hey JIM I KNOW YOU STOP BY HERE!!! You are in BIG trouble. Why didnt you tell us???
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Deserves a BUMP!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I was REALLY  suprised that he didn't post this info here.  I wish this could be tacked. People should know about this.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:55:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:47:03 AM EDT
[#5]
BTT.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Now I have a question. I did see the Women's trap competition in the Olympics, and it was on NBC. So what's he talking about?

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Now I have a question. I did see the Women's trap competition in the Olympics, and it was on NBC. So what's he talking about?

Don't shoot the messenger. I have no idea. My guess is that the rest of the events were ignored. Maybe womens trap was a concession to avoid obvious discrimination? I really don't even have confirmation that Jim actually wrote this. The info seems solid though dispite the possibility of an internet scam.

Support our shooters!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Ditto on the tack idea mods.

ARH

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I spent several years as a coach for the Olympic Training Center Junior shooters (voulunteer) in Colorado Springs. It was one of the most rewarding experiences in my life.

Lloyd Woodhouse is a real sweetheart and may just be the coach with the longest tenure (believe me that means something). He really cares about his team and is a model for anyone who wants to be a coach to young shooters.

If you are ever in the Springs take the tour. It's well worth the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top