Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 5:04:10 PM EDT
Tomorrow at 7:30 am I am going to have Hernia surgery.

My guts are coming out my belly button.

It should give me lots of time to spend on arfcom.  Maybe I'll turn into a post whore and get my post count up?

Anyone else have this type of surgery?  What can I expect?

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#1]
best of luck bob!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I had ventral hernia surgery a few years ago (just above the naval).  It was nothing.  They put me out, cut me open, sewed me up, then put a Gortex shield in, sewed that up and I was home in a few hours.  Hurt like hell for a day or so (you'll never realized how much you use your stomach when taking a dump until now), but was fine afterwords.  My doctor said that the way I hold my gun when hunting probably contributed to my problem.  Reason for the shield...

Good luck!!

EAM  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know anything about this procedure but I wish you well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I had hernia surgery about 10 years ago, but it was in the lower left groin region.  (in the bush and just above and to the left of the pee pee guy )

I tried to lift a transaxle in a wooden crate onto the back of a semi.  I had no problem picking it up, but when I tried to lift it higher to get it on the truck, I had my guts tear and the hernia popped out.

The operation went fine and I went home the same day.  The biggest problem was having to have my groin and nads shaved by a male nurse.  I can understand working in the medical field and trying to help people, but who wants to shave another mans nether region?

The worst thing you will encounter is the starnge feeling when you try to stand up after you have been sitting.  When standing, you use your stomach muscles, which have been sewed back together.  When you use those muscles, it feels strange for a couple weeks.

My best wishes for a quick recovery!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I did it by installing a transmission in a crane at work.  At least the workers comp will make so I dont lose my ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top