Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
not fit to wipe yer azz with

ok, maybe that...

Read Shirers Rise and Fall.

Same author as 'Nightmare Years'? Very good book.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
a long rambling rant. Read the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. Long with tons of information and brillantly written. I loved it.

+1

Mein Kampf is the best antidote known for a caffeine overdose. One of the few books that I absolutely could not read. There is no F'ing way that I would be motivated to go freeze my buns off at Stalingrad for that drivel.

wganz

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a bad read but it's getting worse reviews than I would expect... the best parts, I thought, were where  he would reveal his ability to impress upon and control weaker minds through his insight into human behavior.. While Hitler may have been warped, he well understood people and their behavior at a fantastic level...it is his insight into "the masses" that is worth reasing about...but as I stated... these insights are so few and far between given the overall substance of the book that it's almost more trouble than it's worth.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#5]
honestly, if your gonna get into it, keep an open mind, and research what he talks about, you look at things/life differently.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny(if I can find humor in this),I wonder if the German people felt the same way back in the day?

As I undersand things,the book was a best seller and a source of Hitlers personal wealth.

I wonder if many Germans back then were buying the book based on "that great guy Hitler" and the buzz surrounding him,then after reading a chapter or two and realized what a turd it was.

Probably became a best seller before anyone really knew the truth about it(the quality of the book that is).Unless the Germans of that era were really dour enough to have enjoyed a book like this?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Mein Kampf is the best antidote known for a caffeine overdose. One of the few books that I absolutely could not read. There is no F'ing way that I would be motivated to go freeze my buns off at Stalingrad for that drivel.

+1  
I have a copy also but have never been able to wade thru it.  My copy was actually printed by the US .gov during the early '40s as "here's what we're up against" informational purposes.  So the little paper hanger never saw any $$$$ from it AFAIK.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Expect incoherrant drivel that would have been lost in the jizz sock of history if not for the notoriety of its author.

To me, it is in the same realm as the "art" of John Wayne Gacy and Richard Ramirez.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a complete waste of time.  You'll get more substance out of Penthouse Forum.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top