Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 11:03:57 PM EDT
Whatever craft you want for giving up a been from the bag.  You can even have the Science Fiction ones.  

What would you like to have?

Me.

I would like to have a Super Star Destroyer with a full compliment of fighters and crew.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll take a Battlestar with a compliment of vipers.  Old school version of course.  not the sci-fi channel abortion...Maybe a Cylon base star...

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]
why would you want to give up your left one?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Death Star MK2 with full crew and fighters
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Whatever craft you want for giving up a been from the bag.  You can even have the Science Fiction ones.  

Me.

I would like to have a Super Star Destroyer with a full compliment of fighters and crew.

Eclipse class Star Destroyer with all ecessories.  Your SSD is going down.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Phased plasma rifle in the 2 kilowatt range
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:08:40 PM EDT
[#6]
You can actually sell your nuts for 50,000 a piece.  When i was stationed in Camp Lejeune I met a Med student that told me all about it, but being in the military they won't let you they say its destruction of gubment property.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:09:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You can actually sell your nuts for 50,000 a piece.  When i was stationed in Camp Lejeune I met a Med student that told me all about it, but being in the military they won't let you they say its destruction of gubment property.

I want this verified.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want this verified.

It's BS.  No legal sales of body parts in America.  You can donate, but no sales.  has been illegal for years...
In 2002 over 6,000 Americans died while waiting for organs, according to UNOS data.

What would it be worth to somehow move to the top of the list? Perhaps no cost would be too high, but organs are not generally offered for sale—at least not legally.

In most of the world, laws specifically ban the sale of organs. U.S. law, for example, prohibits any "valuable consideration" resulting from an organ donation.

But with demand so high, many have attempted to profit by selling organs such as kidneys, obtained from living donors tempted to give up their "spare" organs for cash.

Last month (December 2003), police in South Africa and in Brazil broke up an international ring trafficking in human kidneys. The racket also involved people in Israel—and possibly even further afield.

Brazilian police reported that dozens of willing donors were flown from that nation's destitute neighborhoods to South Africa where transplant surgery was performed on patients, including some from Israel. Recipients may have paid as much as U.S. $100,000 for their ill-gotten organs. Donors received a fraction of that amount, but a substantial sum nonetheless to those in desperate straits.

Though this ring is now out of business, the operation was far from unique. National Geographic Ultimate Explorer host Lisa Ling recently traveled to India to investigate reports of a widespread trade in organs illegally harvested from that nation's poor.

Kidney Village

Ling visited a desperate neighborhood known locally as "kidney village" because so many of its residents had illegally sold one of their kidneys. The practice is underground, but widespread enough that finding many donors was not a problem for the Ultimate Explorer team.

"They said that they received about $800 a kidney, which for them is a year's salary," Ling told National Geographic News. "It's a decent amount of money to them, but of course when it runs out they can't sell more organs."

Many of those Ling met hadn't realized much lasting financial benefit as a result of their illegal kidney sales, but neither were they distressed at having undergone the potentially dangerous procedure.

Having lost one kidney, donors are more at risk for any problems that could later affect their remaining kidney. Also, the transplant operations themselves can be dangerous or fatal—particularly when carried out in clandestine and illegal facilities.

"We didn't meet anyone who had gotten sick as a result of selling one of their kidneys," Ling said. "The people we met were still living normal lives so they didn't have many regrets, they were surviving OK on one kidney. When you encounter folks who are so poverty-stricken, it's a gruesome option for them but it is an option. It certainly raises a lot of ethical questions."

Such practices in the developing world have led to '"transplant tourism," in which patients travel from wealthier countries without a black market organ trade to parts of the world where both an organ and operation can be had—for a price.

With demand so high and illicit trade already underway in the developing world, might some form of compensation be tried to ease the organ shortage in industrialized nations?

Experts Urge Compassion, Not Compensation

Anne Paschke explained that UNOS is not opposed to a study of possible incentives that could be provided for postmortem donations—but even such tentative proposals would fall far short of any "for profit" organ sales.

"It would take action by Congress in order to test financial incentives," Paschke said. "We would support legislation that would allow pilot projects, a very careful testing of some type of financial incentives. We just don't know if it would have a positive or a negative impact."

Some individuals have suggested that more overt compensation could financially benefit donors while physically benefiting thousands in urgent need of transplants. The argument also maintains that a regulated trade would be preferable to existing black market organ dealings, which can be exploitative and unsafe.

Yet such proposals have found little popular acceptance in medical and bioethics circles, where most fear the exploitation of the poor and foresee the first steps on a slippery slope that leads to a dehumanizing trade in bodies and body parts. "I don't think that I've ever seen anyone speak representing an organization that would support such a system," Paschke said.

So how to make more organs available to waiting patients worldwide?

Paschke noted that UNOS is focused on utilizing the organs that are donated as efficiently as possible by streamlining the process that gets them from a deceased donor to a suitable recipient.

Another critical goal is increasing the number of voluntary donors—which has remained relatively flat even as the waiting list has grown.

The effort relies not on compensation but on compassion.

"What kind of message motivates people to become donors? Most will say, 'Yeah, donation is a good thing,' but that doesn't mean that they've made a decision for themselves or had a conversation with their families," Paschke said. "Our latest research shows that people are inspired when they see a real person, the story of a person who's been helped, so we're trying to focus on individuals, on the real people who are on the list."

Meanwhile, despite such efforts, the real people on the list must deal with the very real fear that they may not get the organ they need in time.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:13:16 PM EDT
[#9]
50,000 huh? that's a big number...................................... verify
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:14:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want this verified.

It's BS.  No legal sales of body parts in America.  You can donate, but no sales.  has been illegal for years...

I want to know where to get my $50000
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:14:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd rather have a lightsaber...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:14:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That's fucking nuts!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I've heard $70,000 as well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want this verified.

Like I said I met a med student (female) that told me about it, she said it was at the University.  never got it verified although I was pretty interested.  she could have just been pulling my nut, get it pulling leg, nut ok whatever its late

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I already got my left nut shot off, so I guess I am shit out of luck.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#16]
The reason this girl told me they were doing that was because they would be transplanted(duh) to men who could not make fertile sperm and in turn with someones nut that could produce fertile sperm his chances were very high.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#17]
well the 3rd death star Being some one on this forum blew up my second one.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:44:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me.

A SSD is easier to hide than a ESD plus I do not have to worry about gravity wells as much as you do.  Let see how close you can get to a planet and hide.  

Besides I always thought the SSD's where way cooler than the ESD's.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:46:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me.

A SSD is easier to hide than a ESD plus I do not have to worry about gravity wells as much as you do.  Let see how close you can get to a planet and hide.  

Man you guys are some serious freakin NERDS!!!  Gravity wells and shit.  My Battlestars gonna kick your ass

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#20]
GET OFF THE LEGALITY OF NUT SELLING.  THIS ABOUT WHAT TYPE OF RIDE YOU WANT PARKED NEXT TO YOUR CRIB.

My second choice will have to be a tricked out YT-1300 or Slave 1
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:50:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me.

Man you guys are some serious freakin NERDS!!!  Gravity wells and shit.  My Battlestars gonna kick your ass

SSD and ESD  multiple flight decks (more than 2)  Battlestar only 2 plus they need to launch like a carrier wing.  Your deader than dirt.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:52:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

SSD and ESD  multiple flight decks (more than 2)  Battlestar only 2 plus they need to launch like a carrier wing.  Your deader than dirt.

But I gotta survive to find the 13th colony dude?!?
"There are those who believe... that life here... began out there. Far across the universe. With tribes of humans... who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians... or the Toltecs... or the Mayans... that they may have been the architects of the Great Pyramids... or the lost civilizations of Lemuria... or Atlantis... Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man... who even now fight to survive... somewhere beyond the heavens."
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:59:21 PM EDT
[#23]
ok, someone needs to post the "this thread is gay" picture about now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Thats a cool pic under your name that would make a cool bumper sticker.  with maybe "mess with the best die like the rest" on it would be extra cool
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:05:18 AM EDT
[#26]
NCC 1701-D, with Jean luke as my #1
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:08:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Holy fuck dudes! I loved the first three movies, but you are all speaking a different language.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#28]
What will I need to hide my ESD from?

Your SSD looks like a midsize starship next to time.

I'll just ram the Enterprise
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:12:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

You would need it to hide from the democrates the repoblic  it will be banned as unsafe for children and kittens.

Why ram the Enterprise when you can just use it to site in the turbo lasers.

The SSD is a clasic the ESD just kills baby mylocks with all the fule it burns.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:14:01 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would need it to hide from the democrates the repoblic  it will be banned as unsafe for children and kittens.

Why ram the Enterprise when you can just use it to site in the turbo lasers.

I like my 1978 Space Lincoln (ESD)

Can I get an aftermarket cloaking device?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:19:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:20:13 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I like my 1978 Space Lincoln (ESD)

Can I get an aftermarket cloaking device?

Why not.

And a couple of Jedi as well and maybe some of those gaurds that Vader was so found of.

I get one too and we can play laser tag and hunt down those asshats from the Federation of Planets and those looking for third earth as well.

We are such geeks.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:20:34 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
NCC 1701-D, with Jean-Luc as my #1

[Butthead] Number One, I order you to take a number two! [/Butthead]

eta: Fixed
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:09:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Can I have that big-friggin ship from the DS9 episode "Shattered Mirror", where Worf is some Regent in charge of most of the quadrant?  I then want it to be modified to house the Defiant as well, both fully staffed (with Klingons that wont kill me for command, or any other reason) with their respective crews (and a Jedzia Dax with the hots for me, and Leeta).  

Then you can have my left nut.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#35]
I wake up I want all gun control laws repealed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#36]
If I had a surgically removed left nut, I would get......Neuticles!

www.neuticles.com
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#37]
You guys think small, give me either of the Death Stars.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Sorry, I'm more into the german SciFi series Perry Rhodan.  Let's just say a little auxiliary ship from the SOL would take care of all the previous spacers at the same time - without getting a scratch.

Fritz
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Although some older battleships of greater displacement remain in service, the Tigress class dreadnaught is the largest line of battle vessel currently in the Imperial Navy in the Spinward Marches. Each BatRon of Tigress class vessels is virtually a fleet unto itself, as each ship carries 30 squadrons of fighters (with 10 fighters per squadron). A BatRon of eight ships carries 2400 fighters.

At present, only one Tigress class BatRon is deployed in the Spinward Marches, assigned to 212th Fleet, at Rhylanor. Additional Tigress class BatRons are generally assigned one per sector.

Deployment: In war, the ideal deployment of any BatRon is together, as a unit. In peace, various Tigresses are often scattered throughout a region on peacekeeping missions, or to show the flag. Several individual Tigresses have been deployed among the worlds of the Five Sisters subsector to enforce the amber zone blockade of Andor and Candory.

Similarly, Pantheress was dispatched (much to the chagrin of the Zhodani government) to receive the body of the Imperial Ambassador to Chronor upon her death by assassination in 1104. Given the circumstances of her death, it was difficult for the Consulate to object. The ship's weaponry was ceremonially sealed, but that would mean little in an actual fight. Imperial newstapes treated it as a propaganda coup for months.

Contruction: The Tigress class is produced using an armored spherical hull with the single spinal meson gun mounted centrally. A large armored port protects the gun during non-combat operations; the port itself contains focussing equipment for the weapon beam.

Within the sphere, layered decks hold the various on-ship functions such as quarters, computer and electronic equipment, fuel treatment, and maintenance areas. Appended to the back of the sphere is a large fighter launch and recovery installation. Fighters are launched to the rear, to starboard, and recovered to the rear, to port; this arrangement prevents them from entering the meson beam when it is in use, as well as providing some armored bulk between the fighters and the enemy.

- From Supplement 9 - Fighting Ships, (c) 1981 Marc W. Miller

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Heck, I'd take this...

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Like I said I met a med student (female) that told me about it, she said it was at the University.  never got it verified although I was pretty interested.  she could have just been pulling my nut, get it pulling leg, nut ok whatever its late

Dude, nchapa, she was a feminist that wanted males to suffer; she was trying to persuade you to right yourself of Senior Left.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Holy christ people!!!!!!!!  Not only are you speaking another language......

but the fact that you'd give up a nut for this is simply amazing.  Please download some "material" now.

Oh..and the neuticals.....
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Thats nucking futs!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I'll take the "Heart Of Gold".

You guys relaize how much it costs to run a Death Star?

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I want George Jetsons' space car that folds up into a lightweight briefcase.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

but the fact that you'd give up a nut for this is simply amazing.

You only need one...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top