Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 10:07:12 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone knew a website that sells ID tags recreated with the information of  KIA soldiers in Iraq.  I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO THE SOLDIERS. I think it would be a way of displaying national sentiment of supporting our troops by remembering those who gave all for us... much like the POW/MIA bracelets one could get after Vietnam.  We need to make it known to everyone that we don't stop thinking about them when they die... their sacrifice is eternal and we can never repay them for their service. So if you know of a website please tell me... if not, I will purchase blank ID tags and then notch the information in with sheet metal stamps.

----------
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#1]
tagged.

Let me do a search and get back to you.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
No such animal exists.  You could start up a website and create the first series.

Thank you for your noble concerns.

--------------------------------

I double checked with the paratrooper forums - again, nothing has been started.  You would be the first.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help. And, if my idea hasn't already been swiped by those more able, I just might do that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Best of luck to you.  Thank you for your support of our troops.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#6]
you can get bracelets like those POW/MIA ones from Viet Nam that honors soldiers that died in Iraq.

bracelets

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:10:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Just go to a military surplus store and have them make you a set. You can have them put whatever you want on the tags.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I know, that's why I wanted to do a name tag thing. However, I asked a friend who has taken patent classes and he says that I may have a problem with the families of the troops.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top