Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 2:48:38 PM EDT
My family is on vacation visiting my sister in Baltimore.  I was able to get a personal tour from one of Senator Harkin's secretaries this afternoon with my wife and son.  We toured the capital building and then went into the balcony above the Senate and lo and behold, I am staring at all these senators coming and going as they were voting on different ammendments today.

We were about 40 to 50 feet from them.  

Saw Hillery, Kennedy, Schumer, Fienstien, Lautenberg, Leahy, Lieberman, Byrd, Hollings and all of our favorites all in one place.   I know some of you are going to make comments about what I should have done, but just know that security was tight.

Also saw Hatch, Spectre, Frist, Lott, Sessions, Santorim, and all the moderate good guys and the really good guys also.

It was a senate overdose.  I didn't want to leave and the tour guide let us sit there for over an hour.  It was so cool!!!

patsue
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you feel dirty after watching how they pervert our system of government?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to visit the US Congress when I visited Wash. DC in Sep 2000, the year prior to the WTC/Pentagon attack of 9/11/01. Congress was not in session at that time, so we sat in the visitor's gallery looking down on the House and Senate floors. My Congressman was not there, so my familty didn't get a chance to walk on the House floor. And absolutely positively NO PICTURE taking inside the either the Senate or House, without each chambers permission.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think I could take for an hour, C-span makes me want to run away !
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do you feel dirty after watching how they pervert our system of government?

Our representive democracy is as good as it's going get, unless of course you can come up with a better system. Remember these are same hallways that many famous and important people have walked in USA history.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Got to sit in the Senate Chamber today!!! 40 feet from all our enemies and friends at one time!!!  
patsue

I have been a Democrat for many years and NONE of my enemies are Republicans.

MY enemies are in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, North Korea and the mountains of Pakistan. In 1968 I helped fight my nation's enemies in Vietnam. Those that oppose my country with death and terror are my enemies.
I just thought you should know that.

(Sorry about hijacking your thread. I have nothing more to say on the subject.)
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#6]
TANNERITE !!!  

Hehe    Didja yell "It's a TRAP!!"  ??

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone who wants to take my property and further restrict my lawful ownership of firearms is my enemy.

Not all of our enemies are in the desert of the ME or the jungles of VN.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Got to sit in the Senate Chamber today!!! 40 feet from all our enemies and friends at one time!!!  
patsue

I have been a Democrat for many years and NONE of my enemies are Republicans.

MY enemies are in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, North Korea and the mountains of Pakistan. In 1968 I helped fight my nation's enemies in Vietnam. Those that oppose my country with death and terror are my enemies.
I just thought you should know that.

(Sorry about hijacking your thread. I have nothing more to say on the subject.)

Well, I guess I didn't intend to offend anyone's sensibilities.

Let me try again.

Got to sit in the Senate Chamber today!!! 40 feet from all our politically, philosophically, capitalistically, anti-gun, anti-freedom, anti-nationalistic challanged idiots and friends at one time!!!  

That better?

patsue

I do appreciate your service in Viet Nam.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top