Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm surprised nobody's said it yet, but...........

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:49:21 PM EDT
[#2]

From what I have read I would bet she dumped you.  (It wasn't mutual, you would never had left except she "need time to sort herself out"???)  This is code for "she has found someone better than you" Eric.  

Your mistake was answering the phone in the when you saw it was her on the caller Id.  

When a woman dumps you, ... you should give her NOTHING.  

You are clearly lost my friend. You need to learn about women and the GAMES they play.  

Go to ASKMEN.COM and read everything Doc Love has ever written there. He gives the best council on women I have ever seen.  And he will clear up what women are really up to when they do these things.

The women you describe is just about like every internet girl I've ever heard of. Unmarried with two or more kids.  She no catch. And you can do better.  

Let me guess, ... you met her through a personal ad on the internet?  She has lots of male friends hanging around her?  (that she swears are "just friends")  Whom she will never give up for you?  Her kids are #1 with her and you take a back seat at all times?  

She likes spending money?  Expecially your money?

This girl was using you Eric.  And she thought she could "better deal" you with some other guy, but for one reason or another that didn't work out.   So now she is back to sponge off "old dependable" (you) again.

She's a user and a poor catch.

You sound like you have some things going for you in life.  Go out and find a woman of good character who is worthy of you and a relationship.

Good luck.

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Her kids are #1 with her and you take a back seat at all times?  

Might I say........

DUH!!
That one should apply to any good parent.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might I say........

DUH!!

That's not what I am talking about.   Kids should be number 1, but there also needs to be time for the adults too.

Zen

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might I say........

DUH!!

That's not what I am talking about.   Kids should be number 1, but there also needs to be time for the adults too.

Zen

I wholeheartedly agree with that and adults can schedule time for it but should something pop up that the children need, they come first.  That's always been a problem with me and the husband is that there was no time set aside just for us when someone responsible was available to watch the chlidren.  I'm sure she wouldn't have a problem scheduling time for just her and him either though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might I say........

DUH!!

Zen

I wholeheartedly agree with that and adults can schedule time for it but should something pop up that the children need, they come first.  That's always been a problem with me and the husband is that there was no time set aside just for us when someone responsible was available to watch the chlidren.  I'm sure she wouldn't have a problem scheduling time for just her and him either though.

I kid comment was about how some single moms start dating a guy and by the third date, the're bringing the kids along and very soon start expecting the guy they are dating to act like a surrogete dad.  

That is totally inapropriate.  

And I see it all of the time.

Zen

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds great if you want to be raising teenagers when you should be retired with the difficulties of parenting in the rearview mirror.  That is harsh, but  it seems to describe the situation a number of my friends are finding themselves in in their 50's and 60's.  (That is, raising teens when they should be enjoying life more.)  I don't envy them a bit.  It sounds like you've done your duty with your own kids and grandkids and you should be proud of that.  

I'm not a big fan of "entitlement", but those two children of your lady friend deserve a dad who's actively engaged in their lives and who  will love/discipline them.  You deserve a time in your life to enjoy the fruit of your many years of labor.  If you think those two are compatable, go for it. If not, break the date and flee the temptation .  In any event, I hope things work out for the best for all concerned.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I kid comment was about how some single moms start dating a guy and by the third date, the're bringing the kids along and very soon start expecting the guy they are dating to act like a surrogete dad.  

That is totally inapropriate.  

And I see it all of the time.

Zen

If my child has a father I don't expect anyone else to act as a surrogate.  If my children never see their father and the man I am deeply involved in (I'm talking extreme months to years of involvement) wishes to assume the roll I see no problem with it.  On the other hand I also feel it's important that the children meet a romantic interest if you consider making it a serious relationship.

Otherwise, I agree it's inappropriate to expect so much from someone like that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Eric, when she stated she missed you, you should have taken control of
the situation and turned the tables on her.

exactly...do a Han Solo and say "I know"...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#10]
If you can get some pie off her without any emotional attachment then by all means go for it.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Eric,

Stay out of the bedroom with her.  You do NOT want to be her banker or inherit all the insanity of her past mistakes UNLESS you truly LOVE her, not lust after her, but LOVE her, as in step in front of a bullet for her sort of thing.   I'd say you are a long way off from that based on what you have written so far.   Right now you sound more lonely and maybe a bit horny.

Considering that she broke it off over a timetable, I'd say you BOTH need some real time to work things out in your heads and hearts before trying it again, IF you try it again.  Resisting the temptation to get some warm and fuzzy time in is gonna be harder than hades, but...the ability to resist temptations that may not be good for us both from a practical stance and from a moral and ethical stance is what makes us moral human beings.    As a new Mason, consider what the precepts of your order would have to say on the subject and take that as a guide to your personal behavior.  Then consider what Jesus would say on the subject and take that as priority one.

You already know the answer, it's just HARD.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn, ETH.  I am thinking I should start looking at law school.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:59:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Just jack off and be done with it.

You sound like a fucking school girl that just got kissed for the first time.  So learn to think straight like a man or just buy her a house now and save yourself(and us) some time.

SGatr15

Holy smokes SGatr15, that was cold.......

And bloody fucking spot on.

EricTheHun

If you love this girl, get on with it and be fucking happy. If you don't, get on with finding another girl.

In any event, take off the sundress and hit the range with 1000 rounds.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
pooper pics?

Naw, she hasn't done anything harmful to me other than breaking my heart in a couple zillion pieces.The pooper-pic scenario are for those chicks that are worthy of such treatment.

Eric The(Gentlemanly)Hun

Isn't that reason enough to tell her to piss off?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#15]

You see Eric, it doesn't matter if you love her or how much you love her.

What it important here is how much she loves you.  If she loved you as you loved her, would she have dumped you the way she did?  Would you have done that to her?  I bet you would never have treated her the way she has treated you.  

Seems like a pretty shallow reason to dump you.  And it proves to me she was using you.

Do you want to be in an unequal relationship like this?  With someone who doesn't care for you the way you care for her? With someone who will dump you and break your heart at a whim because she doesn't care for you like she should?

You should find someone who cares for your heart the way you do for hers.  

Your feelings in this matter aren't the ones you should be looking at. It is her feelings you should be scrutinizing.

If you let this user back into your life, it will only be the first step on the road to pain.  

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#16]
hmmm.

Well she's probably figured out you were serious about the pressuring she did.  So she might back off on that a bit now.

She's 24.  Law down the law about engagment and marriage if you two are starting over.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Eric.

My GF of 4 1/2 years left at the beginning of this month.

She will be 25 this January.  I will be 48 this November.

We had the identical outlook on life, same goals, same dreams.   Somewhere along the line all that stopped mattering to her and she now "needs to make it on her own", hence I'm continuing on my path while she is eeking by in a small 1 bedroom apartment on her own.

We are still friends.

This circumstance may be a bit different than yours but the fickelness of youth is the same.  Someone that young WILL change.  Someone that young WILL decide that a different path in their lives will be the right one to take.

I knew in my heart that when we began that if ANYTHING would cause us to break up, it would be that journey from youth to adulthood on her part.  I've been around the block enough to have a far clearer idea of what I'd like to be doing with my life.  Someone in their 20's doesn't.

While your ex-GF is looking for a particular mate at this stage of life, that WILL change as her kids grow.  While enjoyable now, can you really tell us with all honesty that, given your age, you'll be willing to deal with the changes that this relationship will undergo, because of her needs, 1, 2 or 5 years from now?

If you can honestly answer "yes" to that, you're a bigger and better man than I am.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Tough one Friend! but if you both still have feelings and were not at a same point relationship wise, a seperation might have been good. I would talk honest with hert, see if you both miss each other for the same reasons and if anything...go at the speed your heart tells you. One thing Iam certain is you are agentleman and wouyld not hurt anyone.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
your married so you can't play.

I just learned that I don't need a woman to make me a complete person.  

SGatr15

Thats cause you got all them dolls and probably a few more you haven't told us about.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I understand that it can hurt, but it is time to move on.  I also know that it is hard to say no and that that feel of longing is hard to resist, but time will ease that.  I can tell you that from experience with a younger woman.

The way she pressured you over a short time line is a warning flag.  Something here is wrong and is not healthy .  Returning will only give opportunity to further problems.  

Friend, keep on looking.  When the right woman comes along, it will all seem easy by comparison.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might I say........

DUH!!

I haven't read through the whole post, but I had to rebut this.

WRONG

Your MATE comes first, then the children.  It is a given that the two parents together hold children as a priority.  But your mate MUST come first, because keeping the family unit intact is predicated on this, and keeping the husband and wife together is at the top of "important things to do" for the children.

Priority list should look like this:

God
Wife/Husband
Kids
family

If you don't believe in God, then this:

Wife/Husband
Kids
Family

Some people think it should be this:

Kids
Wife/Husband
Family

Or,

Kids
Family
Wife/Husband

Either way is still wrong.  The best chance for raising children safely and successfully is through an intact original family unit.  The way to do that is to put God first, then your mate, then your kids.  Again, if you don't believe in God, leave Him out.  But my point is the same.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
your married so you can't play.

Nah...that ain't it.  I just learned that I don't need a woman to make me a complete person.  While others always seem lost without one.

SGatr15

Awww fuck, I just agreed with the town fool on a serious subject, shoot me now.......

You are right on the money with that one sarge.  Guys that feel less manly without some poontang at their beck and call drive me nuts.  Don't be a slave to your dick!

[Ladies Man]You cannot blame the wang[/LadiesMan]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

What was my advice to you?

Eric The(EasyDoesIt)Hun

If I recall it was "As your lawyer I recommend you take these two pills and call me in  the morning"

RIght??

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#25]
May we see a picture of the young lady?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#26]
With all due respect ETH.  It sounds like she wants a Daddy for her kids and for herself.

If you want a stable non-marriage relationship you will need an older woman.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#27]
ETH,

For what it's worth, I suggest you be very careful.  She definitely wanted to play the field.  If she didn't, she would have never left.  Now she wants back, she found the grass isn't necessarily greener.  The problem is, it sounds like she isn't old enough to truly learn that lesson.  I predict that she will fall back into that trap again if you rekindle the relationship, even if you do get married.  Marriage doesn't seem to mean much to a lot of people anymore.  If she was older, I would say there is a better chance that she may have learned something from her exodus.  

I will repeat the advice I was given when my wife left me:  It is stupid to love someone, who won't love you back.  You have much more to give to this girl than she to you, and also much more to lose.  The odds are stacked against you, and just by telling us her situation, I can tell that a man of your intelligence, wisdom, faith, and wealth (emotionally and financially) could likely do much better.  A relationship with a girl like sounds like it would be quite a one way street.  Find a woman you can be on more of an equal footing with as a person.  Might I suggest that you stay away from the phone, turn it over to God in prayer, and wait on the Lord?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#28]
And for my serious reply to Eric.......

If you get back together, you are inviting disaster.  Steel yourself against this!  To me it sounds like you find her appealing for the wrong reasons (marriage wise anyway), i.e. attending social functions (trophy wife), beautiful, big boobies.....yadayada.  

These are not reasons to marry someone.  Especially someone who wants to marry you for the reasons she does.  You are a PERSON, not a bank account/security blanket.  Thats what she should love.

Marriages aren't business arrangments.  Not a slot machine either (what I get is worth what I had to give/provide).  

Move on.  No shortage of hotties for you now, you old horndog.  Don't let this one break your heart again, when it sounds as though her best qualities are horizontal ones.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#30]
You sound like my cousin, also a lawyer.  He liked being married but two women so far have taken advantage of this.  His present wife is 10 years younger so not such a big difference.  No kids even with science.  Still I can see that guys like you are attractive to a wide range for an equally wide range of reasons.  Can't blame her if she wants security and a future for her kids that's better than she's had.  Dr. Laura would probably tell her to concentrate on the kids so it's important to see how she is doing that or is she sacrificing their lives to get her own in better order.

Tough call, 24 is pretty young nowadays, kids or not.  Doesn't look any better than 50/50 to me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#32]
What happened? Did the next guy get tired of her shit too?

Run, Forest, Run!!

Bob
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:23:46 PM EDT
[#38]
wow,  teach me the way O great one!  ( I could appreciate a ~24yo hottie)  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't believe that she hasn't found someone else by now.

Eric The(Tonight,Girl,It'sOnlyYouAndMe)Hun

There must be a good reason for this.

I was a bankable commodity that could be reasonably counted to take care of her and her two children.

We have a winner.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
wow,  teach me the way O great one!  ( I could appreciate a ~24yo hottie)  

Just don't take any of the advice given here to heart and you will do great!

DOH!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Pussy is sweet, so is honey.
Beat your meat and save your money...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
May we see a picture of the young lady?

Hmmm. I suppose so.

I have posted a few on the Board in the past and took all of them down from the Server when we broke up in July.

There is one left on the AR15.com photo server, though.

This pic was taken in front of the Texas Land & Cattle Company steakhouse on Hwy 75 in Plano, Texas.

When I saw her girlfriend begin taking pictures, I attempted to pull the young lady's pants off. She was attempting to pull mine off when this particular pic was snapped.

Hey, what do you think of the '70 pounds lighter' Hun?

Thank you Dr Atkins wherever you are!

Eric The(IncrediblyShrinking)Hun

Bahhhhh !!!

Thought that WAS the "Lovely Latina Annette"  

Sorry,... Just NOT possible to form any sort of opinion without a pic of the competition  

Get back to us  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Mr. Hun, I think you make a stellar couple.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#47]
You HAVE lost weight!  (probably even more than that, since that's not a recent picture)

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#50]
That photo should be captioned "The Hun and the Hon".  
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top