Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 1:28:37 PM EDT
I Mexican carried today.
I was heading out the house and I didnt feel like putting on my holster so I just stuck my 1911 in the waistband of my jeans.
I never though it was a good way to carry but I had never tried it before and now I'm a convert. It was comfortable and secure too.
Anybody else Mexican carry?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a bad habit, but I'm guilty of it too.  If you have to run, you will probably lose your pistol.  Also, it makes my hip hurt after a couple hours.  I think my pistol puts pressure on a nerve in my hip when I don't use a holster.

Kirk
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#2]
i'm just not comfortable unless the trigger is covered up and the gun is secured to my body
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Occasionally with a 1911 in Condition 3, around the house.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldnt do it with a Glock but I feel its ok with a 1911. I dont think I'll be running with it like that, thats why I have a gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top