Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 7:10:13 AM EDT
There is an email solicitation floating around asking for confirmation of your banking info. if you bank with Citizen's Bank.

Don't fall for it.

That is all.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:11:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Been getting those too...and I don't bank with them.

WTF?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't ever "confirm" anything over the net in response to any email.  

Ever.

Geez, people are just so gullible.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:19:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I usually type in off-the-wall information.  I don't know if it does anything more than incovenience them, but what the hell.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Your credit card company called.  I need to confirm your Social Security number.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:25:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Citizens Bank will never send you an e-mail like that. We've had a lot of customers call concerned about it-the website looks exactly like ours.

And it's the Citizens Bank in the East (of the five or six Citizens banks in teh country) New England, PA, NJ, DE

oops, did I just let out where I work? lol
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#6]
It's not just that bank. I'm constantly getting "phishing" email from credit card
companies and banks I have no connection with.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your credit card company called.  I need to confirm your Social Security number.

Sure!  I can understand how they could lose that information.  I misplace things all the time.  

While you're at it, can I just tell you my mother's maiden name and the account numbers for the credit cards?

You wouldn't mind just updating all those other companies with that info I just gave you, would you?

I'm pretty busy, and it would help me a lot!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top