Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 8:59:24 AM EDT
Finally rented it.
Why did the one marine have an AK looking carbine?
The one marine had a flat top M16 varient with a realy short barrel and no sights at all. No optics, no flip up sights, nothing
and the shot gun causing an explosion at 50+ yards with one shot is laughable at best
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:01:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I noticed the M16A4 with no BUIS or anything. Also, I noticed the lack of Flash Suppressors on the barrels. Can't remember the AK looking one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I noticed the M16A4 with no BUIS or anything. Also, I noticed the lack of Flash Suppressors on the barrels. Can't remember the AK looking one.

They looked like post bans.  Where was that movie filmed?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#3]
the ak looking one was hard to see, went by fast in the foreground. was kind of blurry at regular speed but pausing the dvd made it identifiable as an AK based rifle, selector/safety was easily visible
I guess it could have been a Galil varient, but that would be as odd for a marine to have as an ak
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:11:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the ak looking one was hard to see, went by fast in the foreground. was kind of blurry at regular speed but pausing the dvd made it identifiable as an AK based rifle, selector/safety was easily visible
I guess it could have been a Galil varient, but that would be as odd for a marine to have as an ak

It was a Micro Galil.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I could see, there was a flat-top without any sights at all, front or rear, a Bushy Dissipator, and an AK of some sort.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got the DVD and can take & post vidcaps. Back in a short bit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I've never seen it.  My buddy told me likes it better than the modern (ie Brosnan) bond films.

Should I buy it?  Local video store is ALWAYS checked out .. have never gotten it :(
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've never seen it.  My buddy told me likes it better than the modern (ie Brosnan) bond films.

Should I buy it?  Local video store is ALWAYS checked out .. have never gotten it :(

I plan to buy it.  It's a cool flick - you can even watch it with your woman.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I openly laughed in the theatre when I saw the Bushmaster Dissipator. My friends didn't get the joke.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I think it was filmed at one of the Embassies. The Marines in it are real Marines. THey probably broke out those guns because the real guns used by MSG Marines(Mini-14s, 870's, and Uzis) aren't as cool looking.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think it was filmed at one of the Embassies. The Marines in it are real Marines. THey probably broke out those guns because the real guns used by MSG Marines(Mini-14s, 870's, and Uzis) aren't as cool looking.

Mini-14s and Uzis?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mini-14s and Uzis?

Indeed. At least that is what they were using 2 years ago when I attended the MSG recruitment breifing. They were prevelant in the video we were shown and were mentioned by name several times in the breifing that followed. By biggest regret about not taking MSG duty is that I still have never shot an Uzi. Evidently the guns they use belong to the State Department rather than the Marine Corps.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I openly laughed in the theatre when I saw the Bushmaster Dissipator. My friends didn't get the joke.

I laughed my ass off at the beginning of the Austin Powers movie, when Mini-Me had the FN Minimi.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mini-14s and Uzis?

Indeed. At least that is what they were using 2 years ago when I attended the MSG recruitment breifing. They were prevelant in the video we were shown and were mentioned by name several times in the breifing that followed. By biggest regret about not taking MSG duty is that I still have never shot an Uzi. Evidently the guns they use belong to the State Department rather than the Marine Corps.

Crazy.  So those weaps belong to DSS?  I wonder why they adopted Rugers?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I laughed my ass off at the beginning of the Austin Powers movie, when Mini-Me had the FN Minimi.

I think that was an Ultimak(sp).
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mini-14s and Uzis?

That was my understanding. I have no idea why they went with the Ruger, my only guess would be that it looks less threatening.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mini-14s and Uzis?

That was my understanding. I have no idea why they went with the Ruger, my only guess would be that it looks less threatening.

$$$ Cheaper $$$
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone know what kind of pistol he found in his safety deposit box?  Been wondering that for ages...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#21]
sure, grab me a shot of the chick in the love scene.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

That's some serious "point shooting" going on there.

ETA - One guy is practing good trigger discipline and the other isn't.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Anyone know what kind of pistol he found in his safety deposit box?  Been wondering that for ages...

SigPro
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#26]
The gun in the foreground looks like a micro galil.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#27]
thanks, this one is the exact scene that caused my post

Quoted:
Ok, running through it now...

First caps:

Still on/queued so if you have cap requests, for avatar or curiousity, lemmie know quick, I'm sick!

--Edited to fix link and note that I am a poet.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Diplomatic Security has many types of weapons available.  RSOs are trained with the most common weaposn found in the world.  However, the embassy uses the weapons folks train on.  Uzi's are still found (cause of guys who have not transitioned yet,) but have been replaces by Colt 9mm SMGs.  Remington 870s and Sig 228-229s are the duty sidearm.  Weapons at embassies vary depending on threat level, but the Marines and security officers hve pretty much anything available...up to and including M2s.  The weapons shown, could be in the embassy but the response would be with weapons that the Marines usually use...shotgun, m-4, m-9 etc...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Matt Damon is a huge anti.  I'm sick of all these antis doing blow 'em up movies. It just proves where their real motovation is................Money.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Take it from an old man..........."Bourne Identity"....... read the book, don't watch the movie.  You will appreciate it a lot more.  Trust me........................
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Isn't there a 70s version of the movie "Bourne Identity?"
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:42:00 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Isn't there a 70s version of the movie "Bourne Identity?"

Yup, with George Peppard (of A-team fame) as the hero.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top