Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 6:53:13 AM EDT
Bush is the easiest candidate for President to defeat in our nation's history - and every recent poll still shows him with a comfortable lead over Kerry.
What is it we have to do to get it through people's skulls? Why won't the Kerry campaign act like they want to win this election?

Bush has the media pimping for him 24/7. If not for the media, he wouldn't be in the White House today.

I guess they for got the 250% more democratic voters in OH, and the 60% more democratic voters in FL. Oh well, to the polls!

Oh my God. I do not , I can't , I...I have no words. This is just unbelievable. These cowardly, unAmercian right wing thugs clearly f**king hate democracy. I just can't believe this.

Corporate media polls, like ABC are deliberately oversampling Republican voters to keep the Bush white house happy in return for access and favorable legislation. The non-corporate media polls, Like Zogby and Rassmussen, have Kerry within the margin of error.

The problem is the candidate--Kerry does not radiate strength anymore.
He did as a young man. But he's lost the fire somewhere along the line. Even his gestures are limp. In a time of national crisis, people want a candidate that manifests strength. Bush, who is a moron and a war criminal, nevertheless does the "strength" bit much better than Kerry. This is capturing the swing vote. I don't think there is a thing that Kerry can do about this. But maybe the debates will show what a moron Bush is, and this will begin to make people devalue the appearance of strength.

I'm Sorry, this cannot be laid on Kerry as a candidate. He's no Clinton, but most candidates aren't. If the FACTS can't win this election for him, it can't be won. If a majority of voters chose to ignore all evidence that Bush is willfully incompetent (to put it mildly) and vote for him, there's nothing a mortal opposing candidate can do.

This election is about torture, an unecessary war, prison camps in Cuba, a failed plan in Afghanistan, a humongo deficit, women's rights, and a total lack of regard for any citizen who isn't a rich company owner. And those are just the obvious issues that any voter who is conscious should be at least aware of. If those points can't trump "too dour," the Bush voters deserve what they get and the rest of us will just have to hope for the best. This isn't freakin' Star Search, and it shouldn't be judged as such. And if people insist upon voting like it is, maybe our time is up.

Remember what all the polls started saying in the final weeks of the 2000 campaign? "Too close to call." I don't want to hear that as we get closer to 11/2 - I want to hear "Kerry drubbing Bush in latest polls."

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:00:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:01:43 AM EDT
[#2]
The Democrats aren't going to figure out what they did wrong until long after Bush is re-elected.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:03:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:06:40 AM EDT
[#4]
BLAH! BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!
BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!
BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

My candidate isn't winning in the polls so it must just be that all the American people are stupid! It can't possibly be that our candidate is an arogant ass!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!

War criminal

Right wing media!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this! Priceless. If this isn't good reason to get a troll DU account to rub it in when Kerry loses I don't know what is!

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bush has the media pimping for him 24/7. If not for the media, he wouldn't be in the White House today.

Do these people live on a different planet than we do?  One where the NY Times continually carries water for Bush, lauds him, runs nothing but supportive op-eds defending him and his record?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Democrats aren't going to figure out what they did wrong until long after Bush is re-elected.

No they wont.  They'll think they lost because they hid their true feelings by nominating Kerry instead of going with their heart with Dean.  But Dean would have lost even worse than Kerry. Al Gore thought this way too in his regrets about his failed campaign.  He scorned himself for listening to campaign pros and polls instead of letting his leftist freak flag fly.

The Democrats thought the same thing when they lost in 2002.  They thought they were going to score a huge victory that would repudiate Bush and his policies.  Instead they sufferered their worst defeat  since 1994.  And their reaction "We weren't far-left ENOUGH!"

The Democrats are completely out of touch with America, and that's not likely to change until their re-assess their ideas.  And we know how likely that will be.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:13:22 AM EDT
[#7]
This is good reading, but until after W takes office
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:17:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This is good reading, but until after W takes office

I'm going to keep going back after the election just to hear their new revolution comments. Those are truly priceless!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:51:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I had to deal with this in my class about elections the other day, I go to school at Hunter College in NYC.

I tried pointint out to them the reason they don't understand this is because they continue to assume Bush is dumb, and that's exactly what Al Gore did in the 2000 debates and came across looking like a child.

I was even going to give the overwhelming liberal majority in this class a tip, to not treat Bush as though he was stupid because that's sure to lead to their defeat.

Of course, they refuse to acknowledge that fact, one girl just had to keep interrupting me and so I never made my second point, that assuming Bush is stupid is what is causing them problems,. I did say one of the best ways to beat someone is convince them you are an idiot, but clearly my peers didn't want ot hear any of it.

They all want to believe Bush is dumb, and no matter what he does or says, or what anyone points out, they won't listen to it and will continue to complain as in that DU thread.

Hey,  it sure as hell isn't my problem
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:02:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Bush is a war criminal?  Oh and John Kerry TESTIFYING in front of congress that he is a WAR CRIMINAL means what?

These people are out of touch with reality.  NOTHING will ever satisfy them
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I think Bush is going to do great in the debates, face it America likes W he is tough and seems to understand the people.

whereas kerry is a elitist everytime he opens his trap people dislike him more.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#12]
For DU:

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#13]

I guess they for got the 250% more democratic voters in OH, and the 60% more democratic voters in FL. Oh well, to the polls!

With math skills like that, it's no wonder they can't win.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#15]
if(bush.ev > kerry.ev) du != reality;
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:18:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

With math skills like that, it's no wonder they can't win.

I was thinking the same thing!  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:11:01 AM EDT
[#18]

WTF
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Not the "Right Wing Media" crap again!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:17:45 AM EDT
[#20]
There should be some good whining Thursday night.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Bush is the easiest candidate for President to defeat in our nation's history - and every recent poll still shows him with a comfortable lead over Kerry.

The things they HATE, make him a good president!

This election is about torture, an unecessary war, prison camps in Cuba, a failed plan in Afghanistan, a humongo deficit, women's rights, and a total lack of regard for any citizen who isn't a rich company owner. And those are just the obvious issues that any voter who is conscious should be at least aware of. If those points can't trump "too dour," the Bush voters deserve what they get and the rest of us will just have to hope for the best. This isn't freakin' Star Search, and it shouldn't be judged as such. And if people insist upon voting like it is, maybe our time is up.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You'd think this would raise alarms about fundamental problems with the Democratic Party among its leaders, but it just doesn't fucking register.  "Everything else is the problem, not us!" They say,  "America agrees with us, they just don't realize it!"  Sure.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I laugh.

They probably qoute us on our john kerry thoughts.

Oh well.

Fuck em.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Gotta get one of them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I think it's hilarious that they find us to be as insane as we find them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top