Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 10:07:11 AM EDT
Africa is just fucking nuts, constant fighting no one is trained, its the most chaotic thing I have seen.

what a country, something to be said about the AK no maintenance  no skills and they still work.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Africa is a continent not a country.  Which country in the continent of Africa are you refering to?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#2]
my bad I thought I wrote liberia

but lets face it the whole fucking place is fubar'ed up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#3]
MOST of them, but I think he's talking about the one centered on DSS Special Agents in Liberia.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I watched that, and the whole time I thought that a single MEU could have beat both sides and ruled the city.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Messed up country, yeah... and those DSS guys have big, swinging brass ones... but the reenactment was HORRIBLE.

One guy kept holding on to the mag well as a pistol grip... he barely ever held the AR right. And his sniper buddy had what appeared to be a taped-on hunting scope on his AR- the back was taped to the front of the carry handle and the front was taped to the FRONT SIGHT... and it wasn't even in line with the bore.

ugh.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#7]
It looked like a bunch of IDIOTS running around bouncing up and down spraying any fucking thing they could. Savages they are . SORRY                                                                                     i'm pretty certain this could be construed as a racist epitath.

edited by camp to keep a good thread from getting locked.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:44:07 AM EDT
[#8]
those history channel segments were poorly done and weren't that entertaining. the seals in the grenada show looked like some paintballers. as far as the africans dressed up like women and wearing wigs, wow. that's some col. kurtz shit right there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:44:07 AM EDT
[#9]
IBTL

Which thread will get locked first, this or the "Bus Drivers Raping Women in Miniskirts"?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#10]
And to think, a looooong time ago we forced them on boats and brought them here to the new world as slaves.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It looked like a bunch of ****** running around bouncing up and down spraying any fucking thing they could. Savages they are .

another edit to remove same epitath.
campy
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#12]
IBTL

If Wobblin's thread got locked, this one sure as hell is too

- BG
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#13]
A good friend of mine, SSgt Dave Pelsang, was a Huey Crew Chief and flew several missions into the Embassy in Monrovia during the '96 "festivities".  He told me that the first time they came in, it appeared in the distance to be a group of cattails along the coast, but as they crossed the beach the group of cattails were about a hundred heads on sticks stuck in the sand.  The locals were running in packs like wild dogs and dead bodies were everywhere.  He said you could smell the place a few miles off shore.  He decided the last round in his M9 was reserved for himself if it came to that point.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#14]
The DS guys were heroic. Can you imagine negotiating with those 'nitwits' I think the head on the pole and intestine road barrier would be distracting

Even the pinko journalists had to admit their bravery...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Damn, since when did comparing someones actions to an animal become a racial epitath?  Oh yeah, i forgot what message board I was on.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#16]
I watched all three last night. But that third one make me sick, what with all the dismemberment, maiming and other stuff those crazed mobs were pulling off. Intestines as gates at a roadblock? Urination on corpses? And other stuff I hesitate to mention here...

I honestly can't believe human beings in that part of the world would behave that way. But it's not just Liberia, you know. In 1994, close to 1 million people were slaughtered in Rwanda in the course of 3 months. The majority of those murders were people being hacked to death by machette. This mass killing spree carried out by Hutu militas armed with nothing more than knives was actually more efficient than Hitler's gas chambers and furnaces, even when operating at their max capacity.

Only makes me more and more glad I live over here, and not over there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I watched all three last night. But that third one make me sick, what with all the dismemberment, maiming and other stuff those crazed mobs were pulling off. Intestines as gates at a roadblock? Urination on corpses? And other stuff I hesitate to mention here...

I honestly can't believe human beings in that part of the world would behave that way. But it's not just Liberia, you know. In 1994, close to 1 million people were slaughtered in Rwanda in the course of 3 months. The majority of those murders were people being hacked to death by machette. This mass killing spree carried out by Hutu militas armed with nothing more than knives was actually more efficient than Hitler's gas chambers and furnaces, even when operating at their max capacity.

Only makes me more and more glad I live over here, and not over there.

And don't forget Kosovo, the Balkins and such, the rape of Nanking by the Japanese, Hitler, Stalin, the Spainish in south america, or the purges in China.  Black, white or yellow,  no race but the human race holds a franchise on brutality and savagery.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Messed up country, yeah... and those DSS guys have big, swinging brass ones... but the reenactment was HORRIBLE.

One guy kept holding on to the mag well as a pistol grip... he barely ever held the AR right. And his sniper buddy had what appeared to be a taped-on hunting scope on his AR- the back was taped to the front of the carry handle and the front was taped to the FRONT SIGHT... and it wasn't even in line with the bore.

ugh.

I noticed that also, it was rediculous. They also had an M16 with what looked like a C-More mounted on it, but the glass was gone, you could actually see a piece of string or something hanging through where the glass would be.

I guess they just got a handfull of junk guns from somewhere and said "How does this scope thingy work? I guess you just look through this round thing, WOW, that's easier than trying to line up the sights? or "OK, we need a sniper rifle, attach this scope to that M16 with these zip ties"
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#19]
What were those huge things on the end of the guns?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I saw it.  The rebels wore wigs and women's clothing, swinging body parts around, eating victims hearts as you or I would eat an apple... if that stuff isn't satanic, I don't know what is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top