Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/27/2004 7:35:51 AM EDT
I know many of you guys love FALS, Uzi's and M3's…

Just thumbing through my Falklands War pictures and I came across this and thought I'd share it with you… Royal Marines disarming Argentine troops and building a huge pile of weapons. Nearly all of them were dumped into the sea… shame.

Notice no pistols though! They let the senior Argentine Officers keep their 1911's to stop their own side lynching them, the rest went home in British kit bags…

Andy
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:37:12 AM EDT
[#1]
What idiots.

Man, wish I had a boat & scuba gear right after t his.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:39:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What idiots.

Do you know how much fire power lies at the bottom of lakes, ponds and the ocean?  Shit, ARFCom is responsible for nearly 2 inches of global sealevel rise.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#3]
[Higgins/Magnum PI] Oh...my...God! [/Higgins/Magnum PI]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:47:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What idiots.

Do you know how much fire power lies at the bottom of lakes, ponds and the ocean?  Shit, ARFCom is responsible for nearly 2 inches of global sealevel rise.

Yup...my local (deep) lake rose about an inch after MY tragic boating accident in which ALL of my rifles, pistols and shotguns ended up at the bottom of the lake.....I was so drunk at the time, I don't even remember what lake it was,,,
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#6]
*sigh
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:58:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow. Para's, open eared and closed eared rifles, FALO, Carl Gustav, M-3 Greaseguns, that weird Argie subgun, a 37mm launcher, plain muzzles and combo devices on muzzles, cut and non cut handguards....a smorgasbord of FALs!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Peace broke out through the land after those nasty guns were gotten rid of though right?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Argentina = pwn3d
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#10]
The british people have a defective gene. That is the only way to explain this silly behavior. They attempted to do this very thing as far back as 1775. It looks like, after 200 years, they finally found a way to get it done.
Now, they have done it in their own country. If they had just started there, they could have saved the world a whole lot of trouble.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What idiots.

Mwahahaha!

At least 2" maybe more!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Just thumbing through my Falklands War pictures and I came across this and thought I'd share it with you… Royal Marines disarming Argentine troops and building a huge pile of weapons. Nearly all of them were dumped into the sea… shame.

Notice no pistols though! They let the senior Argentine Officers keep their 1911's to stop their own side lynching them, the rest went home in British kit bags…Only to be taken away by the very government they were defending.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/fals.jpg

Andy

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
And to think, I'm in the market for a FAL right now.

Buy a boat first.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Notice no pistols though! They let the senior Argentine Officers keep their 1911's to stop their own side lynching them, the rest went home in British kit bags…Only to be taken away by the very government they were defending.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/fals.jpg

Andy

Interesting little story from the Falklands War about the Pistols…

When the Canberra was just off Southampton with all the troops she was carrying home after the war, the Brass were concerned about the number of 1911's that didn't turn up after the Argentine surrender. So, they got the Captain of the Canberra to announce over the com that all the troops would have to go through Customs checks on arrival.  Minuites later it bacame too dangerous to follow the Canberra due to the amount of iron being chucked over the fantail.

Ship arrived in port and as the Guys walked down towards the Customs shed the CO said with a big smirk on his face, "it's OK guys, they have waived Customs checks"… a lot of people were kicking themselves, but a lot had a big grin too…

Andy
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Look at the HBAR LMG ( Ah La Izzy heavy barrel) in the foreground!

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I noticed that also ...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#19]
FIXED the PICTURE...

MT
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That's what I said, a FALO (Fusil Automatique LOurd). Sheesh...........
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Um why shouldn't these guns be dumped overboard or into the oceans?

Want the Argentine Regime at the time to rearm?

CRC
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Um why shouldn't these guns be dumped overboard or into the oceans?

Want the Argentine Regime at the time to rearm?

CRC

Umm, yeah? If they had that much taste, then yeah...they should get them. If they had AKs, I'd say...eh, whatever.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Back before we started chopping weapons, we used to take them out to the middle of the lake and drop them in. No idea how many old guns are rusting away down there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I saw a show about gangsters in the 30's (on History channel), they showed some footage of hundreds of firearms being thrown into the ocean, they used a big shovel to throw the handguns over and they threw rifles in a dozen at a time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Argentina = pwn3d

Not quite. Dont you remember what this little tiny piss ant country did to England? I bet the british pride stung a bit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Argentina = pwn3d

Not quite. Dont you remember what this little tiny piss ant country did to England? I bet the british pride stung a bit.

I hear that a little piss ant country called Vietnam stung someones pride too…

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Argentina = pwn3d

Shit, they're STILL touchy! Lookout!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Argentina = pwn3d

On that same note we killed well over 1 MILLION of them. We kick some serious ass over there.
British only wish they could say that. Vietnam is hardly piss ant having hundreds of thousands of soldiers.
Argentina had a handful of guys and an airfield of aircraft.

Do you recall what the British losses were?
Let me know if you need a reminder.

Bottom line is you guys got your arses whipped. However I will give you that in the end Argentina gave up and surrendered so you guys kinda won.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What idiots.

Add me to the list of ARFCOMers with firearms lost in a canoeing accident.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:04:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
img80.exs.cx/img80/2625/smiley_salute.jpg

I know how you feel sir, but at least there was a postive outcome in the end… Galtieris Junta fell and Democracy was restored to your country.

Andy
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Argentina = pwn3d

On that same note we killed well over 1 MILLION of them. We kick some serious ass over there.
British only wish they could say that. Vietnam is hardly piss ant having hundreds of thousands of soldiers.

Bottom line is you guys got your arses whipped. However I will give you that in the end Argentina gave up and surrendered so you guys kinda won.

WTF over?

255 British casualties
635 Argentinian casualties

Although some elements of the Argentine forces did cause the British forces damage, the British outfought the enemy.

Next time, think for a second before you post.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Argentina = pwn3d

WTF over?

255 British casualties

Although some elements of the Argentine forces did cause the British forces damage, the British outfought the enemy.

You dont know much about that war do you?

The HMS Sheffield was almost sunk. They DID sink a transport carrying helicopters and ground forces.
They damaged the landing ships Sir Bedivere, Sir Galahad, HMS Glasgow, and destroyed the HMS Antelope. Two more supply ships were damaged and another sunk by air attacks.

75% of the British task force was damaged or sunk. They were lucky the Argentines only had 4 or 5 Exocets missles.

That was just a quick run down. There was much more involved then what I mentioned. The brits did some damage too but on a whole it was a piss poor effort from a super power due to lack of skill and equipment.

I mean REALLY, they had 1950s vintage aircraft dropping conventional bombs right on top of their task force. It was pathetic.

BTW...............Next time, think for a second before you post.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Didn't you guys have this conversation 2 weeks ago?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I can't believe the British would dump all those FALs, then adopt the POS they have now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:05:36 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Argentina = pwn3d

WTF over?

255 British casualties

You dont know much about that war do you?

The HMS Sheffield was almost sunk. They DID sink a transport carrying helicopters and ground forces.
They damaged the landing ships Sir Bedivere, Sir Galahad, HMS Glasgow, and destroyed the HMS Antelope. Two more supply ships were damaged and another sunk by air attacks.

75% of the British task force was damaged or sunk. They were lucky the Argentines only had 4 or 5 Exocets missles.

That was just a quick run down. There was much more involved then what I mentioned. The brits did some damage too but on a whole it was a piss poor effort from a super power due to lack of skill and equipment.

I mean REALLY, they had 1950s vintage aircraft dropping conventional bombs right on top of their task force. It was pathetic.

BTW...............Next time, think for a second before you post.

"Brits did some damage too..."

Cruiser "GENERAL BELGRANO" sunk
Fleet transport "ISLA DE LOS ESTADOS" sunk
Coaster "Monsunen" driven aground
Trawler "NARWAL" sunk
Fleet transport "Bahia Buen Suceso" damaged
Transport "Rio Carcarana" damaged
Patrol ship "Rio Iguaza" beached
Transport "RIO CARCARANA" destroyed
Submarine "Santa Fe" disabled
Patrol vessel "Alferez Sobral" damaged

Saturday 3rd April  

[a1] - Puma SA.330L of CAB 601 shot down at Grytviken, South Georgia by Royal Marine small arms fire.

Saturday 1st May  

[a2, a3, a4] - One Pucara of FAA Grupo 3 destroyed and two more damaged and not repaired at Goose Green by CBU's dropped in attack by No.800 Sea Harriers flown by Lt Cmdr Frederiksen, Lt Hale and Lt McHarg RN (8.25 am). Lt Jukic killed in the destroyed aircraft.

[a5] - Mirage IIIEA of FAA Grupo 8 shot down north of West Falkland by Flt Lt Barton RAF in No.801 Sea Harrier using Sidewinder (4.10 pm). Lt Perona ejects safely.

[a6] - Mirage IIIEA of FAA Grupo 8 damaged in same incident north of West Falkland by Lt Thomas RN in No.801 Sea Harrier using Sidewinder. Then shot down over Stanley by own AA defences (4.15 pm). and Capt Cuerva killed

[a7] - Dagger A of FAA Grupo 6 shot down over East Falkland by Flt Lt Penfold RAF in No.800 Sea Harrier using Sidewinder (4.40 pm). Lt Ardiles killed.

[a8] - Canberra B.62 of FAA Grupo 2 shot down north of Falklands by Lt Curtiss RN in No.801 Sea Harrier using Sidewinder (5.45 pm). Lt Ibanez and Gonzalez eject but are not rescued.

Sunday 2nd May  

[a9] - Lynx HAS.23 of CANA 1 Esc embarked on ARA Santisima Trinidad lost in flying accident probably to north of Falklands.

[a10] - Alouette III of CANA 1 Esc lost on board ARA General Belgrano when she is torpedoed and sunk to south west of Falklands.

Monday 3rd May  

[a11] - Aermacchi MB-339A of CANA 1 Esc crashes into ground near Stanley approaching airfield in bad weather (4.00 pm). Lt Benitez killed.

[a12] - Skyvan of PNA damaged by naval gunfire at Stanley on the night of 3rd/4th and not repaired.

Sunday 9th May  

[a13, a14] - Two A-4C Skyhawks of FAA Grupo 4 lost. Possibly damaged by Sea Darts from HMS Coventry or crashed in bad weather, with one aircraft found on South Jason Island. Lt Casco and Lt Farias killed.

[a15] - Puma SA.330L of CAB 601 shot down over Choiseul Sound by Sea Dart fired by HMS Coventry (4.10 pm). Crew of three lost.

Wednesday 12th May

[a16, a17, a18] - Two A-4B Skyhawks of FAA Grupo 5 shot down off Stanley by Sea Wolf fired by HMS Brilliant and third aircraft hits sea trying to evade missile (1.45 pm). All three pilots, Lt Bustos, Lt Ibarlucea and Lt Nivoli killed.

[a19] - A-4B Skyhawk of FAA Grupo 5 shot down over Goose Green by own AA fire (2.25 pm). Lt Gavazzi killed.

Saturday 15th May

[a20-a25] - Six Pucaras of FAA Grupo 3;  [a26-a29] - Four T-34C Mentors of CANA 4 Esc;  [a30] - Skyvan of PNA, all destroyed or put out of action at Pebble Island in raid by D Sqdn SAS (early morning)  

Friday 21st May  

[a31] - Chinook CH-47C of CAB 601 destroyed on ground near Mount Kent by Flt Lt Hare RAF in 1(F) Sqdn Harrier GR.3 using 30mm cannon (8.00 am).

[a32] - Puma SA.330L of CAB 601 badly damaged on ground near Mount Kent in same attack by Sqdn Ldr Pook and Flt Lt Hare RAF in 1(F) Sqdn Harrier GR.3's using 30mm cannon (8.00 am). Destroyed on 26th in same position by Sqdn Ldr Pook using CBU's.

[a33] - Pucara of FAA Grupo 3 shot down over Sussex Mountains by Stinger SAM fired by D Sqdn SAS (10.00 am). Capt Benitz ejects safely.

[a34] - Dagger A of FAA Grupo 6 shot down near Fanning Head by Sea Cat fired by HMS Argonaut or Plymouth, or more likely Sea Wolf from HMS Broadsword (10.30 am). Lt Bean killed.

[a35] - Pucara of FAA Grupo 3 shot down near Darwin by Cmdr Ward RN in one of three Sea Harriers of No.801 NAS using 30mm cannon (12.10 pm). Major Tomba ejects.

[a36, a37] - Two A-4C Skyhawks of FAA Grupo 4 shot down near Chartres, West Falkland by Lt Cmdr Blissett and Lt Cmdr Thomas RN in No.800 Sea Harriers using Sidewinders (1.05 pm). Lt Lopez and Lt Manzotti killed.

[a38] - Dagger A of FAA Grupo 6 shot down near Teal River Inlet, West Falkland by Lt Cmdr Frederiksen RN in No.800 Sea Harrier using Sidewinder (2.35 pm). Lt Luna ejects.

[a39, a40, a41] - Two Dagger A's of FAA Grupo 6 shot down north of Port Howard, West Falkland by Lt Thomas and a third by Cmdr Ward RN in No.801 Sea Harriers using Sidewinders (2.50 pm). Maj Piuma, Capt Donaldille and Lt Senn all eject.

[a42] - A-4Q Skyhawk of CANA 3 Esc shot down near Swan Island in Falkland Sound by Lt Morell RN in No.800 Sea Harrier using Sidewinder (3.12 pm). Lt Cmdr Philippi ejects.

[a43] - A-4Q Skyhawk of CANA 3 Esc also shot down near Swan Island in Falkland Sound in same incident by Flt Lt Leeming RAF in No.800 Sea Harrier using 30mm cannon (3.12 pm). Lt Marquez is killed.

[a44] - A-4Q Skyhawk of CANA 3 Esc damaged over Falkland Sound by small arms fire from HMS Ardent and again in same incident as above by Lt Morrell using 30mm cannon. Unable to land at Stanley with undercarriage problems and Lt Arca ejects (3.30 pm).

Sunday 23rd May

[a45] - Puma SA.330L of CAB 601 flies into ground near Shag Cove House, West Falkland attempting to evade Flt Lt Morgan RAF in No.800 NAS Sea Harrier (10.30 am). All crew escape.

[a46] - Agusta A-109A of CAB 601 in same incident near Shag Cove House, West Falkland destroyed on ground by Flt Lt Morgan and Flt Lt Leeming RAF in No.800 NAS Sea Harriers using 30mm cannon (10.30 am).

[a47] - Puma SA.330L of CAB 601 also in same incident near Shag Cove House, West Falkland damaged on ground by Flt Lt Morgan with 30mm cannon (10.30 am). Then believed shortly destroyed by Lt Cmdr Gedge and Lt Cmdr Braithwaite RN in No.801 Sea Harriers with more cannon fire.

[a48] - A-4B Skyhawk of FAA Grupo 5 shot down over San Carlos Water by unknown SAM (1.50 pm). Claims that day include "Broadsword" Sea Wolf, "Antelope" Sea Cat, and land-based Rapiers and Blowpipe. Lt Guadagnini killed.

[a49] - Dagger A of FAA Grupo 6 shot down over Pebble Island by Lt Hale RN in No.800 Sea Harrier using Sidewinder (4.00 pm). Lt Volponi killed.

Monday 24th May  

[a50, a51, a52] - Two Dagger A's of FAA Grupo 6 shot down north of Pebble Island by Lt Cmdr Auld and a third by Lt D Smith in No.800 Sea Harriers using Sidewinder (11.15 am). Maj Puga and Capt Diaz eject, but Lt Castillo killed.

[a53] - A-4C Skyhawk of FAA Grupo 4 damaged over San Carlos Water by ship and ground-based air defences and crashes into King George Bay, West Falkland on flight home (1.30 pm). Claims that day include "Argonaut" and "Fearless" Sea Cat, and Rapier and Blowpipe SAM's. Lt Bono lost.

Tuesday 25th May  

[a54] - A-4B Skyhawk of FAA Grupo 5 shot down north of Pebble Island by Sea Dart fired by HMS Coventry (9.30 am). Lt Palaver killed.

[a55] - A-4C Skyhawk of FAA Grupo 4 destroyed over San Carlos Water by a variety of weapons, claims including small arms fire, "Yarmouth" Sea Cat, and Rapier and Blowpipe SAM's (12.30 pm). Lt Lucero ejects.

[a56] - A-4C Skyhawk of FAA Grupo 4 damaged over San Carlos Water in same attack, and then brought down north east of Pebble Island by Sea Dart fired by HMS Coventry (12.45 am). Lt Garcia killed.

Thursday 27th May

[a57] - A-4B Skyhawk of FAA Grupo 5 damaged over San Carlos Water by 40mm Bofors from HMS Fearless or Intrepid, and crashes near Port Howard (5.00 pm). Lt Velasco ejects

How about that?

Yes, the Argentine air force did have balls and good pilots to make to hits, but how was it a defeat when THE BRITISH killed more of the enemy and FOUGHT the other side and it SURRENDERED.

Seems like a victory to me.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#38]
>>but how was it a defeat when THE BRITISH killed more of the enemy and FOUGHT the other side and it SURRENDERED.<<

Because the Americans killed more Vietnamese than the Vietnamese killed Americans and still lost the war.

Just like Somalia,
And present day Iraq too.

And having the latest high-tech equipment doesn't make up for good soldiering.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I can't believe the British would dump all those FALs, then adopt the POS they have now.

Have you got one? or do you have any experience with them??

That POS you're referring to is the SA80A2and there's nothing wrong with them now that all the "problems" have been fixed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That POS you're referring to is the SA80A2and there's nothing wrong with them now that all the "problems" have been fixed.

I was talking to some Marine friends of mine  from 42 Commando about the SA80A2 last friday. Asked them how it compares now with the M16 which they also use. They reckon it is a first class gun now all the bugs are out. It does not jam anymore, is VERY accurate, (20" barrel) and the 40mm HK grenade launcher is the mutts nuts!

ANdy
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#42]
1776 It is obvious that the Brits outclassed the Argentines (for reasons already mentioned).  

Also recall that the Brits dominated militarily for over a hundred years ("the sun never sets on the British Empire").  

If you are going to rag on military prowess and courage--rag on the French and leave the Brits alone.  They have showed courage and determination throughout the centuries against ALL opponents.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

>>I was talking to some Marine friends of mine  from 42 Commando about the SA80A2 last friday. Asked them how it compares now with the M16 which they also use. They reckon it is a first class gun now all the bugs are out. It does not jam anymore, is VERY accurate, (20" barrel) and the 40mm HK grenade launcher is the mutts nuts! <<

Yeah, I agree with that.
My buddy from the RAF Strike Command shooting team has nothing but praise for his A2.
I shoot the TASSAM matches at Bisley as well as the Service Rifle matches. We get to talk with the military competitors as well as SASC and have not heard one negative comment about the SA80A2. Not one of them malfunctioned and there were around 5-600 of them being used.

Even the Kiwi's who came over this year without their M16's and used borrowed A2's left impressed with them.

Mark
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

how was it a defeat when THE BRITISH killed more of the enemy and FOUGHT the other side and it SURRENDERED.

Seems like a victory to me.

Its a piss ant country against a SUPER POWER that has dominated the world for hundreds of years. The brits nearly lost EVERYTHING in the begining. They also ONLY managed to kill 10% of the argentine airpower. In the end they won but it was a crushing blow for the british and exposed their military in an embarrassing way. Those are the undisputed facts.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#46]
hey people i think we need to focus here and start picking on the frogs some more.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#47]
What a f'ing wate.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was talking to some Marine friends of mine  from 42 Commando about the SA80A2 last friday. Asked them how it compares now with the M16 which they also use. They reckon it is a first class gun now all the bugs are out. It does not jam anymore, is VERY accurate, (20" barrel) and the 40mm HK grenade launcher is the mutts nuts!

ANdy

They (SA80A2) still need to use the downloaded ammunition to function perfectly, don't they
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

>>I was talking to some Marine friends of mine  from 42 Commando about the SA80A2 last friday. Asked them how it compares now with the M16 which they also use. They reckon it is a first class gun now all the bugs are out. It does not jam anymore, is VERY accurate, (20" barrel) and the 40mm HK grenade launcher is the mutts nuts! <<

Yeah, I agree with that.
My buddy from the RAF Strike Command shooting team has nothing but praise for his A2.
I shoot the TASSAM matches at Bisley as well as the Service Rifle matches. We get to talk with the military competitors as well as SASC and have not heard one negative comment about the SA80A2. Not one of them malfunctioned and there were around 5-600 of them being used.

Even the Kiwi's who came over this year without their M16's and used borrowed A2's left impressed with them.

Mark

Riiiight right.  Would you also like some white gloves and ketchup popsicles to go with it?

Perhaps would could arrange for you to use a FAMAS as well?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

They (SA80A2) still need to use the downloaded ammunition to function perfectly, don't they

Nope… same stuff as US forces use… BTW, the HK mags are a huge improvement, everybody wants them, US guys included, I use them in my AR.

Andy
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top