Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 4:52:49 PM EDT
Anyone watching this stuff?

I figured the program about Liberia that's currently on would suck. But damn, it is most interesting. Man, Liberia was a freaking barbaric place in 1996 (and suppose it still is). But damn. You've got groups running around beheading people, cutting their hearts out, slicing off their genitals and stuffing them in their victim's mouth, etc. And some of the leaders of these factions called themselves names like "General Mickey Mouse" and "General BadAss". There was even a group that called themselves "The Butt-Naked Brigade" who actually fought battles while naked! This is some messed up freaking people!

The 1983 Grenada invasion and the US Navy SEAL's role there is up next. If you missed the first two programs, be sure to tune in around 11 PM, as I'm sure they'll re-air all 3 programs then. BTW, this is all new material.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#1]
That first one about the forward air controllers in Afghanistan was excellent!!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#2]
9pm centeral the man is goin to show future weapons
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I watched the first and second one. I am currently watching the one from Grenada.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I watched the first and second one. I am currently watching the one from Grenada.

Me too
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yes.

Quoted:
I figured the program about Liberia that's currently on would suck. But damn, it is most interesting. Man, Liberia was a freaking barbaric place in 1996 (and suppose it still is). But damn. You've got groups running around beheading people, cutting their hearts out, slicing off their genitals and stuffing them in their victim's mouth, etc. And some of the leaders of these factions called themselves names like "General Mickey Mouse" and "General BadAss". There was even a group that called themselves "The Butt-Naked Brigade" who actually fought battles while naked! This is some messed up freaking people!

My wife was on the computer and I told her not to look at the screen.  She looked and saw the severed head on the table.  Hey, I told her not to look.

Liberia is one fucked up place.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#6]
What about that scoped M-16 that covered the reporters fleeing to the embassy in Liberia?

what a joke!

Other than that, all 3 where great shows.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#7]
that is some sweet footage of out boys smoking Taliban from the air.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
-CH

... Best stuff I've seen on TV in quite some time
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
-CH

... Best stuff I've seen on TV in quite some time

I guess you haven't got to R Lee Ermy and the XM8 yet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What about that scoped M-16 that covered the reporters fleeing to the embassy in Liberia?

what a joke!

Other than that, all 3 where great shows.

You mean you don't have an M-16 that has a scope mounted with one end on the very front of the carry handle and the other end on the front sight post?  Jeez, you're way behind the times.  Work on your tacticalness.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm watching the liberia one now
pretty cool
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#12]

I'm now watching the  one in Liberia and keep thinking about "The Lord of the Flies". You have a bunch of kids growing up without any control or restraint. You end up with kids using human intestines as a rope gate.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#13]
yes

thanks anyway for the head s up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top