Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/25/2004 11:07:54 PM EDT
I take care of my neighbor's house while he's away, and this includes his cats. I thought it would be cool to bring my cat over to "bond" with theirs. Now, before any of you jump on me for owning a cat, it's not a pussy cat, it's a Bengal Tiger. So anyway, I get the damn thing over there and he goes crazy and tries to kill one of the other cats, a female that walked up and meowed "hi" very politely. When I go to pick him up, he turns on me. He is declawed in the front but his rear claws are very sharp, and for the first time in his life, he drew blood with his teeth. CORRECTION, he drew a LOT of blood. For a short time, I could not move my left thumb. While I was carrying him out to the car he kept attacking me like a rabid...cat. I couldn't put him down b/c it was dark and he would've run off and that would have been no good. One bite went completely through the skin between my thumb and index finger.

I went through a full box (36) of bandaids. When I went back to feed the other cats, I had to clean up a trail of blood from the kitchen to the garage door (15 feet or so). Not a few drops, a trail.

sucks, huh...
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
cats are fucked up creatures huh?

A similar thing happened to me once except my cat didn't go after me. My female cat is pretty mean but she will never scratch at me.

By the way if you ever need to control a cat just grab is by the scruff it pretty much makes them freeze up.

amagine if you cat had its front claws??
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait, is this a real Bengal Tiger? I mean, a real fucking Tiger?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:13:18 PM EDT
[#3]
How much does this kitty weigh?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.defiant.net/info1.html

They are show cats bred from leopards. His mother was a snow leopard, father was a bengal. They are slightly larger than normal house cats. They have many different patterns, from the spotted leopard type to the striped tiger type to marble, which is simply a really interesting design.

I am proud to say that, for the 7 years I have had him, no girl has liked my cat. In fact, they all pretty much hate him.

edit: this is not my cat. just for reference

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:29:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:06:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I take care of my neighbor's house while he's away, and this includes his cats. I thought it would be cool to bring my cat over to "bond" with theirs. Now, before any of you jump on me for owning a cat, it's not a pussy cat, it's a Bengal Tiger. So anyway, I get the damn thing over there and he goes crazy and tries to kill one of the other cats, a female that walked up and meowed "hi" very politely. When I go to pick him up, he turns on me. He is declawed in the front but his rear claws are very sharp, and for the first time in his life, he drew blood with his teeth. CORRECTION, he drew a LOT of blood. For a short time, I could not move my left thumb. While I was carrying him out to the car he kept attacking me like a rabid...cat. I couldn't put him down b/c it was dark and he would've run off and that would have been no good. One bite went completely through the skin between my thumb and index finger.

I went through a full box (36) of bandaids. When I went back to feed the other cats, I had to clean up a trail of blood from the kitchen to the garage door (15 feet or so). Not a few drops, a trail.

sucks, huh...

When your 36 bandaids down I think its time for stitches
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sucks, huh...

When your 36 bandaids down I think its time for stitches

Yeah I got OWNED
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I had to watch a neighbors cat one time when I was about 14.  They said that if his litter box wasnt clean he wouldnt poop in it again until it was.  Then they told me I only had to go over every other day.  He would "be ok".  So I go over 2 days after they left and as I open the door the cat is 35 feet from me at the end of the hall.  I walk in the house and call the cat and he just runs away.  So I go down in the basement to get to his litter box and when I get to the bottom of the stairs I see him peeking out from behind rafters in the ceiling.  I walk over to his litter box and keep an eye on him.  The litter box is in the corner and the cat is in the ceiling 10 feet behind me.  I reach down and grab the "shit shovel" next to the litter box and just as it hits the litter the cat comes screaming out of the rafters and latches onto my right leg making sounds like a jungle tiger would.  I immediatly start smacking the shit out of him with plastic "shit shove" but to no avail, 400-500 good hard impacts to the face over about 3 seconds is not detering him from sinking all 4 sets of claws as deep into my leg as he can.  At this point hes wrapped around my leg with his claws on my inner thigh and hes desperatly trying to bite my nuts off as I hop around on one leg beating the shit out of him with the collection spoon and now he starts to shit all over the place.  At this point I come to a very brief point in my life where I'm willing to grab the shitty end of the "shit shovel" so as to beat him with the harder handle.  I swing down with all my might and the fucking cat catches the handle in his mouth like some sort of crazy cat 3 stooges move where he just blocked me from doing the double eye poke.  I let go of the shit shovel and I give him 3 good hard full knuckle punches to the face.  He didnt like that and scurried off to hiss at me from some dark corner.  

So I go home with jeans that are completely soaked in blood on the right leg.  They saved my nuts from being a kitty chew but the walk home sucked as any long walk does with wet jeans.  I get home and throw my jeans in the wash and go take a look at my battle scars.  My parents come home later and I tell them I dont want to watch the cat anymore.  They tell me not to be a quitter and to stop exaggerating.  The next day my dad goes with me as I wield a metal baseball bat to clean the litter.  

The cat got 1 real solid home run hit and left us alone.  The people come back later and when asked about their insane fucking demon cat they say something about him being "a little wierd".
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:02:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I dont give a shit what anybody says...that cat is badass!

I wish I could afford one like that..

I have four cats now..and they are all indoors 100% of the time...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:13:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Ok so I know I can't be alone thinking that guns people and cat people arn't normaly the same people. Cool looking cat none the less.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:14:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
http://www.defiant.net/info1.html

They are show cats bred from leopards. His mother was a snow leopard, father was a bengal. They are slightly larger than normal house cats. They have many different patterns, from the spotted leopard type to the striped tiger type to marble, which is simply a really interesting design.

I am proud to say that, for the 7 years I have had him, no girl has liked my cat. In fact, they all pretty much hate him.

edit: this is not my cat. just for reference

www.aluren.com/silvers/images/Silverstriketablels.jpg

www.aluren.com/silvers/images/RemSteelcouch.jpg

My parents were just given a bengal kitten that the owner felt he didn't have enough time for. He is a very social cat.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:51:01 AM EDT
[#12]
If anyone wants one, this is a shameless plug for my friend's girlfriend's business.  

Katnap Exotics
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:59:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I like the fur . Can you just buy the fur?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:40:42 AM EDT
[#14]
We had a bengal breed cat - actually she had pure bred bengal and 1/4 Maine Coone.

Craziest fucking cat we ever owned.  She never "left the jungle" and we ended up having to give her to a cat shelter because she wouldn't stop spraying everywhere - yes a FEMALE who was FIXED would spray everywhere.  Plus she would attack our oldest cat (14 years old) who she had grown up with from as a kitten for years.  She wasn't right in the head.

Beautiful cat, though.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:17:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I like all cats and would probably own a tiger if they'd let me.  Stitches may be in order......and if nothing else you might want to get started on a course of antibiotics..cat bites can lead to very serious blood infections.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:07:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Those cats are BADASS!! How much are they, I feel the need for some tame feline companionship (As opposed to my wife, who is untamed demon companionship)
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:14:24 AM EDT
[#17]
If that was my cat, it would be already decomposing in the ground by now. If my dog did that  i would put it down just as fast.  But then again what JBT wouldn't shoot a dog

J
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:49:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I like all cats and would probably own a tiger if they'd let me.  Stitches may be in order......and if nothing else you might want to get started on a course of antibiotics..cat bites can lead to very serious blood infections.

No sutures.
But Antibiotics? You bet. Cat bites have a high rate of infection and I've seen them get out of control rapidly. Augmentin is the antibiotic of choice for cat bites provided you are not penicillin allergic. Also a good idea to get your tetanus updated.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:50:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I had to watch a neighbors cat one time when I was about 14.  They said that if his litter box wasnt clean he wouldnt poop in it again until it was. . . .
The cat got 1 real solid home run hit and left us alone.  The people come back later and when asked about their insane fucking demon cat they say something about him being "a little wierd".

.  I'd say you were exagerating but I've had very similar experiences.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:29:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If that was my cat, it would be already decomposing in the ground by now. If my dog did that  i would put it down just as fast.  But then again what JBT wouldn't shoot a dog

J

+1

I'm surprised the pit bull/Rottweiler haters haven't jumped on this thread yet.  I guess their ire extends only to certain breeds of dogs, and not cat/tiger hybrid felines.

Ban assault cats! Do it for the children!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I had to watch a neighbors cat one time when I was about 14.  They said that if his litter box wasnt clean he wouldnt poop in it again until it was.  Then they told me I only had to go over every other day.  He would "be ok".  So I go over 2 days after they left and as I open the door the cat is 35 feet from me at the end of the hall.  I walk in the house and call the cat and he just runs away.  So I go down in the basement to get to his litter box and when I get to the bottom of the stairs I see him peeking out from behind rafters in the ceiling.  I walk over to his litter box and keep an eye on him.  The litter box is in the corner and the cat is in the ceiling 10 feet behind me.  I reach down and grab the "shit shovel" next to the litter box and just as it hits the litter the cat comes screaming out of the rafters and latches onto my right leg making sounds like a jungle tiger would.  I immediatly start smacking the shit out of him with plastic "shit shove" but to no avail, 400-500 good hard impacts to the face over about 3 seconds is not detering him from sinking all 4 sets of claws as deep into my leg as he can.  At this point hes wrapped around my leg with his claws on my inner thigh and hes desperatly trying to bite my nuts off as I hop around on one leg beating the shit out of him with the collection spoon and now he starts to shit all over the place.  At this point I come to a very brief point in my life where I'm willing to grab the shitty end of the "shit shovel" so as to beat him with the harder handle.  I swing down with all my might and the fucking cat catches the handle in his mouth like some sort of crazy cat 3 stooges move where he just blocked me from doing the double eye poke.  I let go of the shit shovel and I give him 3 good hard full knuckle punches to the face.  He didnt like that and scurried off to hiss at me from some dark corner.  

So I go home with jeans that are completely soaked in blood on the right leg.  They saved my nuts from being a kitty chew but the walk home sucked as any long walk does with wet jeans.  I get home and throw my jeans in the wash and go take a look at my battle scars.  My parents come home later and I tell them I dont want to watch the cat anymore.  They tell me not to be a quitter and to stop exaggerating.  The next day my dad goes with me as I wield a metal baseball bat to clean the litter.  

Really sorry for your pain, but that story was great!

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:39:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Cats are a bit crazy
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:46:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Beautiful cat dude!

What's one of them things run?  I had a freind years ago in LA who had an Ocelot (sp?) that was crazier'n shit and I missed a chance a few years ago to get an 80LB female Couger (Would've been just TOO much fun to surprize friends with lol...."Here kitty kitty" lol) but yours looks great.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:51:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Beautiful cat dude!

What's one of them things run?  I had a freind years ago in LA who had an Ocelot (sp?) that was crazier'n shit and I missed a chance a few years ago to get an 80LB female Couger (Would've been just TOO much fun to surprize friends with lol...."Here kitty kitty" lol) but yours looks great.

Theres no way in hell I'd let a cougar run around in my house. Those damned things eat PEOPLE. As a general rule, if the animal eats people it probably wont make a good housepet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:58:31 AM EDT
[#25]
LHD,
LOL, Damn that was funny!  That was one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:12:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No sutures.
But Antibiotics? You bet. Cat bites have a high rate of infection and I've seen them get out of control rapidly. Augmentin is the antibiotic of choice for cat bites provided you are not penicillin allergic. Also a good idea to get your tetanus updated.

Bartonella henselae
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:12:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Beautiful cat dude!

Theres no way in hell I'd let a cougar run around in my house. Those damned things eat PEOPLE. As a general rule, if the animal eats people it probably wont make a good housepet.

I totally agree man but this ol' girl was awesome.  I went to see her and, apart from the fact that she was HUGE (6-1/2ft nose-to-tail) in the short time I spent with her she acted like any other cat I've ever had.  She was De-clawed (So I didn't have to worry about her rippin' my guts out with her hind legs during "play") but she still had her canines and that sort'a bothered me  

Tell ya what though, I was sitting in the sellers living-room and that big ol' cat rolled over on her back on my lap and licked the crap outta my face (Tasting? lol) and it was all I could do not to take her home with me right then.  Unfortunately, the (Somewhat) "Rational" part of my brain that makes an appearance far too seldom for comfort slowed me down and someone else got her
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had to watch a neighbors cat one time when I was about 14.  They said that if his litter box wasnt clean he wouldnt poop in it again until it was. . . .

.  I'd say you were exagerating but I've had very similar experiences.

Hand to God that story was 100% real.  If I were to do it over again it would involve a BB gun or a mossberg.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#29]
morning update:

my right index finger is in incredible pain and I can't really bend it, even with my other hand...well I can, but it hurts so much that I don't really want to.

edit: bengal kittens go for 400-700 bucks. read the link I posted, there's tons of great info. They do love water (he comes in the shower, or the tub if I'm taking a bath) and he loves to jump up on high things and look down on us. ie he'll jump up on the shower door railing or the shower curtain rod.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
morning update:

my right index finger is in incredible pain and I can't really bend it, even with my other hand...well I can, but it hurts so much that I don't really want to.

edit: bengal kittens go for 400-700 bucks. read the link I posted, there's tons of great info. They do love water (he comes in the shower, or the tub if I'm taking a bath) and he loves to jump up on high things and look down on us. ie he'll jump up on the shower door railing or the shower curtain rod.

GO TO A DOCTOR RIGHT NOW

You could end up with a massive infection if you don't
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#31]
i am a cat assassin

i kill cats indescriminately and without remorse

that is all................

BTW:  whiskey tango foxtrot, over

A:  my exotic cat just fucked up my hand for no apparent reason so bad i can't even feel my fingers!!!!
B:  coooool!  who much are they and where can i get one?!?!?!?

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
morning update:

GO TO A DOCTOR RIGHT NOW

You could end up with a massive infection if you don't

Right after I wrote that post, I looked at my cat's teeth...

his left canine was missing its tip

went to the ER where I work, talked to the head doc. got xrays...

got tooth cut out of my finger...

got augmentin Rx.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I laughed so hard reading your story, I had to take a break and finish it after i got a soda.

Misery is funny.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#34]
This movie brings back some very vivid memories.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

lmfao! i'm crying right now!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lmfao! i'm crying right now!

That was NOT a manly scream at the end there

I also love the one from africa or somewhere, where a leopard goes for the guy in the car who is poking it with a stick - and climbs halfway into the car while he's screaming and trying to close the window.

Does anyone have the link to that one?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Cats are a bit crazy evil devil-spawned alien life forms

Fixed it for ya!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Back in the Olden Days (when I was a wee lad) pet shops and large stores like White Front, Wonder World, and CBSS used to sell way cool pets like ocelots and monkeys. We be talkin 25lb pussycats!

Then the Safety NAZI's and MommyMen started passing laws...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Back in the Olden Days (when I was a wee lad) pet shops and large stores like White Front, Wonder World, and CBSS used to sell way cool pets like ocelots and monkeys. We be talkin 25lb pussycats!

My male maine coon weighs 20 lbs

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

"Don't get off the boat, man!"
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a sauciet!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My dream pet. Too bad you can't really own one.

I wouldn't mind spending time in Russia hunting poachers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.olin.wustl.edu/faculty/langfred/leviathan.jpg

Which one would you put a 50K bet on...?

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
lava.nationalgeographic.com/pod/pictures/normal/06311_331.jpg
Better be glad it wasn't this one!

HAHAHAA u got me!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#45]
woops
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Dumb browser
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#47]
87gn, right now you are on the wrong side of the Darwin curve. Good luck.

LHD, lmao, you poor bastard....I knew a cat like that. When my wife and I went to take care of him, I had to cover my wife while she cleaned up and filled his food dish.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.olin.wustl.edu/faculty/langfred/leviathan.jpg

Which one would you put a 50K bet on...?

If it's an eating contest - definitely my maine coon  !  

Anything else, he'll run and hide
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#49]
That would make a nice hat.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I like the fur . Can you just buy the fur?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top