Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 4:54:03 PM EDT
Saw a 23 cu. ft. "Freedom Safe" (made by Liberty Safe) at the local Orscheln shop on sale for $800 from the regular price of around $950.  They also have "Centurion" safe, also made by Liberty Safe on sale for $650 or so ....

Any words on these safes?  Both the Freedom and Centurion are 23 cu. ft. but the Centurion has 5 bolts located on one side of the door only, while Freedom has 5 bolts on each side of the door.  Any experience/opinion on these safe is appreciated.  Thanks.

MG87
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy Bigger!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, but I don't necessarily agree with the buy bigger, just get one. Get the size you can afford now. Make sure it is fire rated. I bought mine and sleep better ever since. It is full, but I'll just go out and buy a second one. I spend alot of time away, working out of town, I always was nervous when I was away and my wife would leave town for a week-end, I'd think "my guns" they are unprotected! Now I don't care, they are locked up in a fire resistant safe. Besides, it would take longer to get into two safes then one big one. My recomemdation to anyone with guns, get a safe!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sorry, but I don't necessarily agree with the buy bigger, just get one. Get the size you can afford now. Make sure it is fire rated. I bought mine and sleep better ever since. It is full, but I'll just go out and buy a second one. I spend alot of time away, working out of town, I always was nervous when I was away and my wife would leave town for a week-end, I'd think "my guns" they are unprotected! Now I don't care, they are locked up in a fire resistant safe. Besides, it would take longer to get into two safes then one big one. My recomemdation to anyone with guns, get a safe!

Agreed.  This is exactly why I am looking at a safe with 20-25 guns capacity under $1K.  The Freedom safe is rated at 20 minutes for 1200 degrees.  The door seal will expand when exposed to heat, sealing the guns inside from external heat.  I plan to put the same in the basement (walk-out) just next to my main water line.  If the house should catch fire, I am hoping the broken water line will keep the safe cooler.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top