Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#1]
defcon 2 or 3.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Your tinfoil isnt tight enough.

They wanted to interview you for your suspected alliance with the right wing militia wacko group that goes by the acronym of arfcom.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Set your clay-mores around the perimeter!

Probably nothing.  They just want to make sure that nobody is picking on him for belonging to the relgion of peace.  After all, we would not want him to be uncomfortable, do we?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:27:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Get to know your neighbor better,  invite him over for dinner, and serve ham. If they eat it don't worry, if they don't buy bacon.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Make sure you have some bacon in the fridge and keep the mags loaded.

Then again, that is good advice for any goddamn day of the week.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#8]
At least DEFCON II.  Bad stuff expected soon in the DC area.  There will be a new blimp orbitting the DC area in a few weeks sniffing for WMD agents.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd be keeping my eyes peeled, CCW at all times (i.e. carry in the house, too), and keeping a loaded rifle nearby.

You can never be too careful, especially when dealing with terrorists.  They probably can't PROVE anything on the guy yet (or if they can, you'll probably hear the raid) but they ain't wanting to talk to him for selling girl scout cookies...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Dude, you are talkin about a potential threat pointed out TO you by Law Enforcement!

Time to circle the wagons and lock down the place.

Your TTR(Tinfoil-Tightness-Ratio trademark pending ) appears to be within spec.

Cover yours.  Kick theirs.

Repeat as necessary.

Be safe.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Personally, I would be paying pretty close attention to that house and the people in it.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:25:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Since you are in VA (and can we assume close to the Beltway or Tidewater?) the possibility of there being targets and targeters in the vicinity as opposed to somebody living in West Bumfuck Boonies where there is literally nothing.  Therefore you ought to tighten up a little bit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:27:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Tinfoil Tinfoil...
Shit running out, need to go buy some more brb...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I would be on the lookout for sure.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#15]
A really cool trick to play on your new neighbor would be to leave a few sacks of amonium nitrate and a few gallon jugs of diesel in their back yard when they're gone.  Then call the agency that is interested in these folks. Ha ha ha. Man that would be a riot!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#16]
You should worry more about some crack head coming into your house to kill you and your wife for a few dollars... JMHO
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Buy a Geiger counter and scan the neighborhood frequently.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Shoot his dog.  It's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#19]
<cough> recon <cough>
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I took the day off to catch up on some much needed yard work.  I spent several hours preparing my backyard for seed, grabbed a bite for lunch at my favorite Thai place, and fell asleep watch the Discovery Wings Channel.

The doorbell and knocking woke me up.  I thought it might be my neighbor, but I was surprised to see a plainclothes LEO showing a badge.  He identified himself as an officer for a Govt agency that I shall leave nameless, and asked if I knew the man in the picture he was holding.  I studied it for a few seconds, but I did not recognize the man, nor his name, which was Middle-Eastern.  When I asked if he lived in the vicinity, the officer pointed to the home directly across the street from mine.  All of a sudden it dawned on me--I did see the guy this very morning standing in the driveway--both he and a woman had moved into the home within the past two weeks.  It's the only rental on the block and has a new tenant every year.  "We need to interview him," was the only thing the officer would/could tell me, then I noticed two other officers standing next to the Govt vehicle across the street.  

Having been "interviewed" myself on numerous occassions for work, I doubted that this dealt with a security clearance.  They wouldn't send 3 officers for that, and these guys were wearing vests.  I gave them a description of the guy's vehicle, and told him that my wife is an LEO for another agency.  We'd be more than happy to keep an eye out and notify his agency when we saw him again. The officer gave me his contact info.

What do you guys think?  Would you elevate to DEFCON1 or is my tinfoil hat too tight?  

Umm, yeah, DEFCON1.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Suspected Terrorist in My Neighborhood?

What's the big deal? It's easier to count the non-suspects where I live.

CW
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
A really cool trick to play on your new neighbor would be to leave a few sacks of amonium nitrate and a few gallon jugs of diesel in their back yard when they're gone.  Then call the agency that is interested in these folks. Ha ha ha. Man that would be a riot!

Don't worry, if you are in a militia, the ATF will beat you to it, only it will be YOUR backyard.  Ha ha ha indeed.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

+1 x 10
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#25]

DEFCON II

Setup a webcam and record the house
24/7 (I'll bet the feds are way ahead of
you, however).

Stay safe...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Sing this to an old Sesame Street tune (40 and over will remember...)

Who are the terrorists in your neighborhood?

In your neighborhood...

They're in your neighborhood, so....

Who are the terrorists in your neighborhood?

They're the people that you meet,

When you're walkin' down the street,

They're the people that you meet... each ... day!!!

Seriously now, I think everyone needs to keep a wary eye out for these guys.  They want more than anything to blend in, right in our own cities and home towns.  Sleepers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Take pics of all license plates that visit as well as the people. We all need to be on the lookout.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Damn. Definately gather intelligence by any means possible. Others have suggested how, but you aren't subject to the restrictions placed on the FedGov's techniques for intel acquisition. It's strange that the man across the street's car was gone when you got home. Wonder if he volutarily submitted to a request for further discussion with the alphabet boys? Let's take a ride downtown, pal. Car towed, CSI investigating. Let us know the minute you see Muhammed again.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Take pics of all license plates that visit as well as the people. We all need to be on the lookout.

You beat me to it.  I would be buying  a good camera with a long lense and setting up in an upstairs window.  Laser ranging his front door and adjusting the sights on your AR is optional...for now.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Shoot his dog.  It's the only way to be sure.

Radical islamists abhor dogs as 'unclean'.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't worry, if you are in a militia, the ATF will beat you to it, only it will be YOUR backyard.  Ha ha ha indeed.

speaking of, better upgrade the address number on your house. Wouldn't want the stupid mofos to kick down the wrong door.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I took the day off to catch up on some much needed yard work.  I spent several hours preparing my backyard for seed, grabbed a bite for lunch at my favorite Thai place, and fell asleep watch the Discovery Wings Channel.

The doorbell and knocking woke me up.  I thought it might be my neighbor, but I was surprised to see a plainclothes LEO showing a badge.  He identified himself as an officer for a Govt agency that I shall leave nameless, and asked if I knew the man in the picture he was holding.  I studied it for a few seconds, but I did not recognize the man, nor his name, which was Middle-Eastern.  When I asked if he lived in the vicinity, the officer pointed to the home directly across the street from mine.  All of a sudden it dawned on me--I did see the guy this very morning standing in the driveway--both he and a woman had moved into the home within the past two weeks.  It's the only rental on the block and has a new tenant every year.  "We need to interview him," was the only thing the officer would/could tell me, then I noticed two other officers standing next to the Govt vehicle across the street.  

Having been "interviewed" myself on numerous occassions for work, I doubted that this dealt with a security clearance.  They wouldn't send 3 officers for that, and these guys were wearing vests.  I gave them a description of the guy's vehicle, and told him that my wife is an LEO for another agency.  We'd be more than happy to keep an eye out and notify his agency when we saw him again. The officer gave me his contact info.

What do you guys think?  Would you elevate to DEFCON1 or is my tinfoil hat too tight?  

Sounds like you may have zips in the wire. Oh yeah next time ask to see an ID card as badges are easy to obtain.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Hope he's not palestinian... Their bomb classes have a pretty high failure rate and the failed lessons blow up most houses around them. Just kidding (NoImNot)  

Feds don't look for anybody without proper motivation. Fact.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Wait till it's dark, Take a big jar of bacon grease and pour a ring around their house. Then you gotta stomp on their porch REAL loud, and run home while calling FBI, CIA, ATF, ASPCA or whomever  you can get ahold of, while giggling maniacally as your neighbor comes outside.

As the G-man pulls up, Proclaim loudly,   "IT'S A TRAP!!!" While flipping him off.

Watch in amusement as hadji runs around furiously attempting escape, only to be thwarted by repelling perimeter of potent BLT juice goodness

As the man takes him away, cursing you, grin contentedly to yourself and return inside.

Debreif here on ARFCOM and bask in your glory and the unending admiration of  the rest of us freaks

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Post pics of your neighbors and their cars here so we can see them.  We, too, will keep an eye open for them.  I work a couple miles from DC.  Sheeesh.

Did they look like this ?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
DEFCON II

Setup a webcam and record the house
24/7 (I'll bet the feds are way ahead of
you, however).

Stay safe...

That accualy sounds like a good idea to me. Its not agressive and who knows it might help out an investagation against a terrorist....

JIM
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Since you are in VA (and can we assume close to the Beltway or Tidewater?) the possibility of there being targets and targeters in the vicinity as opposed to somebody living in West Bumfuck Boonies where there is literally nothing.  Therefore you ought to tighten up a little bit.

I'd say in NoVA we got BIG PROBLEMS.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Shoot the fucker so the ACLU can't save him.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#42]
There is still the $25 million dollar reward for info leading to the prevention of a terr act.
You just hit the lotto dude!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Keep an eye open........

It will be American Citizens like YOU,  that will keep our homes safe!!!

Everyone has to be aware of their environment !!!

Thank you and carry on!!

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Your tin foil hat isn't tight enough...

Now you just broadcasted the entire crew of AQ's agents scrutinizing this website that the operative in DC that got arrested yesterday was ratted out by the front neighbor....
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#45]
At first I was going to post that you should go buy a case of ammo and put the empty boxes in his trash , but than I thought better of it .

Instead . I suggest you buy your neighbor one of these.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#46]
There is a stepped up enforcement/investigation beginning, related to the election.  Since AQ managed to affect the vote in Spain, it is a safe assumption that they are at least in the preliminary stages with an attack here.  Whether or not an attack occurs is another story.  Heads up...   Ops
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Your tinfoil isnt tight enough.

They wanted to interview you for your suspected alliance with the right wing militia wacko group that goes by the acronym of arfcom.

Exactly as i was thinking
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#48]
I look at it this way.  They're here and we know that.  They've got to be someplace and if there was a chance, no matter how small, that they're literally in my backyard (or front yard in this case), I would want to make sure I was fully prepared and that I did everything I could to bring these F__KERS down, should they turn out to be terrorists.  I couldn't live with myself if they did turn out to be terrorists and their pictures ended up in the national news having carried out some plot killing innocent Americans.  Good Luck, keep a close eye and keep us posted!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#49]
hey clay more where at in NOVA? Woodbridge here
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#50]
comeon guys.............

Stick it in his/her pooper (with a bacon grease covered condom) and take pics.
we want to see.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top