Texas AWB?

CW
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Sheez! Ban Zorro.
Do it for the children.

Police: Teen uses sword to kill neighbor
Argument erupts while two drinking
Friday, September 24, 2004 Posted: 1:23 PM EDT (1723 GMT)

HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- Police said a teenager used a 2-foot-sword to kill his neighbor during an argument, then struck the man's elderly mother before her relatives could seize the weapon.

Jose Alberto Martinez, 18, was charged with murder and aggravated assault in the death of Gabriel Flores, 42.

He was jailed Friday in lieu of $40,000 bail, investigators said.

Sheriffs Sgt. James Parker said Martinez brought the sword from his home at a trailer park to show it to Flores.

The two were drinking together when the argument started, and Martinez allegedly stabbed Flores several times before striking Flores' mother, Parker said.

The woman's name was not released. She was hospitalized in good condition Thursday, officials said.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#2]
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I lost my sword in a boating accident along with my guns.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#4]
ibtl dupe
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I am sure the only AWB they have is a ban against NOT having them....

Just the way it should be.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know the details; someone knowledgeable in TX would have to chime in.  But, there seem to be some significant restrictions in TX regarding knives.  Surprising, but I've heard bits and pieces.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#7]
By Texas state law the maxium legth of a non-folding blade that a person can carry is 5 1/4,
(Go to the texas DPS web site),
thats why I carry a gun
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#8]
How long is my machettie?  I carry it camping and around the ranchlands in my pickup?  Maybe 30"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top