Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 11:06:15 AM EDT
I had a problem with red-dot scopes having a rather annoying halo and people on here told me i probably had astigmatism.  I recently had a appointment with my eye doctor in Cheyenne WY and she said i did not and basically some people "just had it".
Ok, she is a Dr. so i believed it.
Being a stubborn SOB i researched it and only read the opposite.  People of ARFCOM told me the same thing.
I found a highly recommend optomitrist in my town of Laramie and just got back from the appointment.
I DO HAVE ASTIGMATISM, that other bitch was wrong.
These people gave me 5 times as many tests and even took these sweet topographic pictures of my eyes with some cool Zeiss machine and the astigmatism was pretty obvious.  I also got new lenses so i can actually see 20/20 now.
I got ripped at that other place, and should probably create a scene by walking in there with the pictures and demanding my money back.  I would do it at a busy time of course.

Anyway, so right now im still sporting some soft lenses that will only give me 20/20 without fixing the astig, but i have another appt in a week to try the hard lenses that WILL fix it.
I am so looking forward to the red dot being just that and not a huge fucking halo with streaks shooting out of it.

Arfcom is like WEBMD, but better.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top