Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 3:55:59 AM EDT
www.startribune.com/stories/462/4995520.html

Synopsis:  Two city guys are driving along as a rotten oak tree breaks off at the base and crushes the cab.  

Talk about bad karma.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:02:19 AM EDT
[#1]
When your time is up, it's up. You never know when or where, or how. fullclip
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:04:57 AM EDT
[#2]
That's not bad luck.  That's the creator selecting SMITE from the drop down menu.  

Then he gets a message box on his screen: "Do you really want to smite these two guys?  ENTER /  CANCEL"

He hit the ENTER key and it was lights out.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:18:59 AM EDT
[#3]

A high school kid my family knows was killed when a branch was struck by lightning during a storm, and smashed through his windshield, impaling him.  

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:38:32 AM EDT
[#4]
My g/f told me about some news clip that said a 67 year old woman in Italy was killed when a 3 meter tall crucifix fell on her.

How bad do you have to piss God off to get crushed by a crucifix?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:55:12 AM EDT
[#5]
i came close once- while camping in St croix falls, WI we had a site right on the st. croix river.  there was this huge, dead oak(i think) right next to the river.  we were down playing in the water ,etc and i noticed it was pretty rotted.  so of course i tried to push it down (darwin?)  it wouldnt budge so we went up the small hill to the site and CRUNCH!...Splash! the thing fell over-right in the river.  it was loud as hell.  guess we were lucky we were not near it.  It was weird knowing we got to watch this 150 year old tree keel over and were there to watch it happen.  and how close we came to becoming pancakes.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:12:24 AM EDT
[#6]
It reminds me of that show on Showtime, I can't think of the name though. It's on fridays. Grim reapers go around and collect peoples souls.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:17:09 AM EDT
[#7]
God doesn't go around doing that to people.  

There is a valuable lesson here.  Life is precarious and the world is capricious.  Live life honorably and love others deeply.  You never know when you might be killed or someone you love is taken from you.  Trust me; I know.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:50:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Falling Crucifix Kills Woman
Wed Sep 22, 8:21 AM ET

ROME (Reuters) - A 67-year-old woman was killed when a three-meter tall metal crucifix fell on her head in a small southern Italian town on Wednesday, police said.

The cross, which has been in the main square on Sant'Onofrio for decades, fell on Maddalena Camillo while workers were setting up lights for an annual religious festival.

Italy, home to the Vatican City, is a predominantly Roman Catholic country where crucifixes and religious icons and effigies are a common sight in most towns and villages.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Has the Star Tribune linked the oak tree issue to a concealed carry/AWB slant yet?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:53:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Not as bad as the poor guy who slipped, fell into, and drowned in his own septic tank......
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:56:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That's the creator selecting SMITE from the drop down menu.  

Are liberals what happens when God's PC crashes while performing the BREED subroutine?

Must be running Windows Infinity or something.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:58:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are liberals what happens when God's PC crashes while performing the BREED subroutine?

Must have not grabbed the latest Service Pack...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:04:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It reminds me of that show on Showtime, I can't think of the name though. It's on fridays. Grim reapers go around and collect peoples souls.

Dead Like Me
Kind of a cool show.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:08:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yeah, but what if you're just sitting next to the guy who's time is up?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:21:21 AM EDT
[#15]
the exact same thing happened to a young mother in atlanta last year.   family was in the SUV, stopped at a stop sign and a huge tree fell on the car.   dad and kids OK, mother instantly killed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:26:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
the exact same thing happened to a young mother in atlanta last year.   family was in the SUV, stopped at a stop sign and a huge tree fell on the car.   dad and kids OK, mother instantly killed.

God must have been sick of her sh!t.....

I KNOW, I KNOW! BAD joke!

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:32:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but what if you're just sitting next to the guy who's time is up?

In my part time duty as a first responder I worked a wreck where a small car hit an 18 wheeler head on in a 70 mph zone. The driver died and the passenger did not have a scratch on her. The car was cut in half down the middle, and the passenger just stepped out where the engie should have been.

The good Lord has pretty good aim when the time is there. Trust him not to miss.. fullclip
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:35:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, He doesn't need it.  In the event of a system crash there's always a full recovery.  Haven't you heard?...Jesus saves.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Had one of those big freeway message signs break off the 3 foot diameter pole and hit a pick-up.  bingo..  they had cheated on the bolts and ended up getting bimetallic corrosion eating the bolts out.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:51:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, He doesn't need it.  In the event of a system crash there's always a full recovery.  Haven't you heard?...Jesus saves.

You are killing me here .
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:45:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
i came close once- while camping in St croix falls, WI we had a site right on the st. croix river.  there was this huge, dead oak(i think) right next to the river.  we were down playing in the water ,etc and i noticed it was pretty rotted.  so of course i tried to push it down (darwin?)  it wouldnt budge so we went up the small hill to the site and CRUNCH!...Splash! the thing fell over-right in the river.  it was loud as hell.  guess we were lucky we were not near it.  It was weird knowing we got to watch this 150 year old tree keel over and were there to watch it happen.  and how close we came to becoming pancakes.

... Hold ma beer!

... Dude, I absolutely have to meet you someday soon!

... You're my kinda a guy!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:24:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

God must have been sick of her sh!t.....

I KNOW, I KNOW! BAD joke!

I'm gonna burn for laughing at that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:52:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
That's not bad luck.  That's the creator selecting SMITE from the drop down menu.  

Then he gets a message box on his screen: "Do you really want to smite these two guys?  ENTER /  CANCEL"

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:05:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

God has a hotkey for when the driver is wearin a turban.  (It skips the "Do you really want to" window)

- BG
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:58:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:46:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Then he gets a message box on his screen

You think God uses a GUI?  I don't think so, it's probably something more like:

% rm /earth/us/sc/smith.joe
User deleted.

Note that there's no "Are you sure? (y/n)," because he's always sure.z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top