Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I remember when I was a kid Mad magazine had a little article with pics of various 12 inch G.I. Joes from other countries.  They looked so cool.  They had a G.I. Jap, G.I. Jerry, etc with funny write ups about them .  They also had a gay Ken doll that had a draft card that you could burn up.

When I was a kid it was kind of hard to find military stuff/guns for G.I. Joe.  Most of the stuff was more along the lines of adventure stuff.

I was more of a 1/32 and  1/64 airfix army man General using water to create lakes in the mud, matches/lighter fluid, and firecrackers to create the horror of war.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was more of a 1/32 and  1/64 airfix army man General using water to create lakes in the mud, matches/lighter fluid, and firecrackers to create the horror of war.

Now you're talking!  I spent several summers having the good guys (GI Joe or whatever) being attacked by ravaging hordes of the cheap green plastic army men.  Lucky for the good guys they always knew what direction the bad guys were coming from and they had a large supply of combustibles (dry grass, twigs, my dad's aftershave, some gasoline from the lawnmower, etc.) that they could use for their defense.  

I had a BB gun with a broken stock that I duct taped to the boom of my Tonka  (another excellent line of toys) crane as an 'artillery piece' and used it to launch burning matches at the attacking plastic army men.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Three pages of you guys referring to these as dolls.  They're not dolls - they're "action figures"
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:14:44 PM EDT
[#4]
When I was a kid I had a shitload of the original G.I. Joes.

I had the Undersea Sled (came with an orange wetsuit for Joe) and the Mercury capsule(came with a pretty cool spacesuit) among other things.

If I had all that stuff now.............

I could compete with Sgtar!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Shucks, we was po'!
www.funsilly.com/funjoke/armyman.jpg

Now thats what I remember playing with as a kid. Me and my bro would divide up the men and have wars. Somehow he always won, guess it was because he was older.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
My brother and I had the F-14 and the A-10 and the hydrofoil and about 25 action figures. I always wanted the Hovercraft but never got it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top