Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 9:18:23 AM EDT

Cheney's visit
• Vice President Dick Cheney will meet with community leaders at noon Tuesday at Finley's American Grill, 5615 W. Saginaw Highway in Delta Township. The restaurant will be closed to the public

Delta eatery preps for Cheney
VP's meeting Finley's to be closed to public

By T.M. Shultz
Lansing State Journal

Advertisement

Cheney's visit
• Vice President Dick Cheney will meet with community leaders at noon Tuesday at Finley's American Grill, 5615 W. Saginaw Highway in Delta Township. The restaurant will be closed to the public.  

DELTA TWP. - Finley's American Grill manager Don Moore says Tuesday's noon visit by Vice President Dick Cheney will be just another day at the restaurant.

"He's common people, and we're common people, and he's coming to visit, that's all," Moore said Sunday night.

Except that Finley's will be heavily armed and secured, Moore added, and regular patrons probably won't be able to get within blocks of the eatery. Finley's will be closed to the public.

Security will be tight. Finley's 18 to 20 employees have been undergoing background checks for days. There's even a tap on the phone. "You're being recorded right now," Moore told a reporter.

Cheney has held a series of invite-only forums in closely contested states. He regularly blasts Democrat John Kerry, claiming he flip-flops on issues.

Meanwhile, Kerry today will start showing a new television ad that criticizes President Bush's handling of domestic issues such as health care and education.

Contact T.M. Shultz at 377-1061 or tshultz@ lsj.com.

I just got back from checking it out. The VP and Lynne drove passed. Pretty big production. State police where looking and acting real bad. Like, do NOT mess with us. They parked very dump truck, tractor trailer you could find around the resturant, so no one drove in with a car bomb. It would have been pretty easy to take a shot at him from a distance. Looks like they didn't have that covered too well. Lot's of surrounding buildings to do it from. Glad no one did. His car looked like it could withstand a nuke.

More than a few people went down to check it out. Bush supporters outnumbered Kerry supporters and local pyschopaths 2 to 1.

I have seen the enemy and it scares me. I swear, ever Kerry supporter was a hippie from the 60's or some raving looney, walking around talking to themselves like the mentally disturbed. Out of probably 30 people, there were only 2 or 3 that were dressed normally or acting like respectable protesters. The rest were way over the top and now I know the faces I'll be able to put with DUer's. Scary!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top