Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 6:14:27 AM EDT
I am so pissed!!!! Dell is sending me overdue notices on my computer account, but I have not missed any payments .  I have even seen where the payments have cleared on my bank statement!  I called and they kept saying I sent it to the wrong address as I read the address on my bill right in front of me!  They are just fucking me over.  I even asked to speak to a manager and the bitch I was talking to hung up on me.  What can I do?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:18:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:20:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I am on the phone now, it better go better.  Last time the bitch pretended the phone was breaking up.
Even worse, they have Backstreet Boys as the hold music
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#3]
make sure you're calling Dell and not some scam operation.  Don't use the number listed in any notice you got, paper or electronic.  Go back to some old records or get their number off their web site.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:26:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am so pissed!!!! Dell is sending me overdue notices on my computer account, but I have not missed any payments .  I have even seen where the payments have cleared on my bank statement! I called and they kept saying I sent it to the wrong address as I read the address on my bill right in front of me!  They are just fucking me over.  I even asked to speak to a manager and the bitch I was talking to hung up on me.  What can I do?

I think you need to send the payments to India.....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:32:47 AM EDT
[#5]
You're pissed at DFS...  Dell Financial Services....   They did a number on me, too.

I ordered a desktop computer for my Aunt in Kali.   Had it shipped to her.  Made sure they did not change my billing address to her address.  Guess what they did?  They started sending my bills to her address.   They never got to her, as it was my grandmother's house, and she'd lived there for 50 years.  The mail man knew there was no Matthew xxxxxxxx living there.   So I get a call from some collection agency saying I'm over due and I owe them a couple hundred bucks.  I call DFS and talk to a couple Indian flunkies and FINALLY get them to fix my billing address.  Then I get a bill and pay it.  

DFS kinda sucks.  I wouldn't recommend financing through them.  Buy on your credit card and skip the BS.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:35:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep they were Indians but I did not want to be racial.  They are complete morons that work there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:38:20 AM EDT
[#7]

DELL is ANTI-GUN! DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM.

Hey DELL
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:39:05 AM EDT
[#8]
My refurbished, sold as new,eleven month old Dell Inspiron 8500 crashed last month.  I'm so sick of fooling with Dell I just went out and bought a replacement POS.  The Dell will make a great target.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:42:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yep they were Indians but I did not want to be racial.  They are complete morons that work there.

It's called outsourcing: Third world service at a third world price.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Dell sucks, build your own next time!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:47:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Well got off the phone with a dude with no accent and he really helped me out.  It turns out that I sent in my payment too early and it got applied to the wrong statement, so they thought I was overdue when I wasn't.  The I asked to talk to manager to complain about the bitch that hung up on me, he was a moron and really did not care about my complaint.  Oh well, I got it worked out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I too am pissed at Dell. I paid off a loan, on time, and I keep getting bills for $1.00.  the first time i just sent them the dollar, figured wtf, these guys are too much of a PINA to mess with. So next month comes around and I get anoyher bill for a dollar. This is after I had problems with them posting my payments. I will not buy another Dell product just because of their India connection, and their anti!! F...'em
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:51:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1

You wind up with a better, faster system for way less $$.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#14]

DFS kinda sucks. I wouldn't recommend financing through them. Buy on your credit card and skip the BS.

I applied to get a Dell credit card.  My credit is pretty good but they wanted to charge me 25% intrest rate.  Thems Gangsta Rates!!  

Needless to say, I called and cancelled the account within 5 mins of opening the envelope.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

You wind up with a better, faster system for way less $$.

+2
And you don't have all the extra usless crap loaded on your computer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#16]

And you don't have all the extra usless crap loaded on your computer.

Ditto.  It took me three hours of work to get rid of most of the junk on the new Dell we bought last week.  I still haven't figured-out how to get rid of the Dell advertisement that keeps poping-up telling me that there are "alerts" I need to read.

My other problem with Dell is that they won't help you with Windows activation issues.  One of our systems wouldn't work out of the box so we had to buy a new retail copy of XP.  Almost half of our systems lost theirs when we upgraded to SP2.  Dell won't give me new working keys.  In 11 days, Microsoft will start disabling some of the systems.  Of the remaining half, almost half of them wouldn't even boot after installing SP2.  I've got a major mess on my hands.  I'm too old to have the patience to deal with Dell's and Microsoft's crap.z
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#17]
You guys should consider a Mac G5 over PCs.  I have a Dell I use at work with XP.  I have problems with it freezing up.  The Mac G5 uses system X built on the linex system.  If a program freeses up, the system doesn't go down.  You just click out of it and continue.  I use pcs and macs.  Macs last longer with fewer repairs.  I also have a Dell at home.  It's not a Mac by far.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You guys should consider a Mac G5 over PCs.  I have a Dell I use at work with XP.  I have problems with it freezing up.  The Mac G5 uses system X built on the linex system.  If a program freeses up, the system doesn't go down.  You just click out of it and continue.  I use pcs and macs.  Macs last longer with fewer repairs.  I also have a Dell at home.  It's not a Mac by far.

Oh great, the Mac trolls are coming.

"Linex?" Are you serious? C'mon man, get it right.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#19]
<--- is either too tired or getting dyslexic. Read the title as "I DATE HELL"
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Hey DELL hr

Really?  Where did you hear that?  I have a Dell now, if what you said is true, I'm tossing this MoFo out ASAP!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Okay, since everyone is jumping all over them I will have to give them one positive. I bought an Axim about 1 year ago and the control pad started acting up on it. I sent them an email asking how to handle it and they replied wanting to know my address so they could send a brand new replacement.  They sent the replacement, I transferred all data onto the new, shipped the old back in the pre-paid box and have not looked back. Now that being said, the best customer service is having a piece of equipement that never breaks down, but its nice knowing that if it does they will handle it that well..
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Dell Financial Services is run by a bunch of dumbasses.  Hardly a month goes by without something getting screwed up by them.  Then, they end up calling my HOME number instead of my business number.  My wife gives them my business number and guess what, the next day they call my home again.  Now we don't even answer when they call.  If they need to contact me then they can get their heads out of their asses and get my phone number right (once in a while they do call the right number, so it's on file somewhere).  Not to mention of course that these jackholes calling me are from India.  I always ask their name. "Steve".  Riight.  Then I ask for their last name.  "Jones".  Riiiiight!!  Then I ask "Comeon, is that your real name?" One guys says "Oh yes yes, I am a Christian".  I didn't know Christians had to have American names, but whatever!  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Dude, you got...........OWNED! , na jk, dispute the charges with your bank.........since they havent recieved your payment.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:16:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Well I got a Dell paid for it all at once, it was a POS, Im glad to be rid of it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#25]
This is what happens when you buy from a company that outsources to India.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey DELL

Really?  Where did you hear that?  I have a Dell now, if what you said is true, I'm tossing this MoFo out ASAP!

They aren't...they are neutral. Long story, but some gunsmith tried to buy from them and was denied due to 'firearms' being in the business name. Turned out they have a 'filtering' program that red-flags certain words so that they don't sell to people they aren't suppose too, like restricted companies/exports, etc. The filtering program bumped the order up to someone who was suppose to review the order and either release it or cancel it and the guy didn't do his job and the order was cancelled. Then to make matters worse, the customer was never told about it being cancelled and when he called for a status he was told it was red flagged and cancelled due to the word 'firearm'...and this is what kicked off the anti-gun rumors. The complete story is posted somewhere on the net, but there arre also posts that leave out the reason it happened and it gives the impression that they won't sell to firearm companies. It was just multiple foul ups. Dell apologized, offered free PC's to him, and released a number of press statements taking full responsibility for the problem. I''m sure the number of emails and phone calls they got had something to do with it too.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons not to buy Dell, but this ain't one of them.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Old news.  

I work with Dell on a daily basis.... in client and enterprise.

I can tell you m they arent perfect.... but they are better than most.  They do care, they do want to excel, and they are having growing pains.

I think their desktop products are second to none...... and their servers are "second"
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Build your own PC, its easy and you get more for your money, Dell always hoses you on something. Plus they password their bios so F* them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the explanation, neilfj!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Old news.  

I can tell you m they arent perfect.... but they are better than most.  They do care, they do want to excel, and they are having growing pains.

I think their desktop products are second to none...... and their servers are "second"

+1
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#31]
I bought a Dell LCD 17" T.V. and haven't had any problems. It's great, but the interest rate sure makes it seem like I'm grabbing my ankles for them.
However my roommates Dell for whatever reason keeps freezing and has all kinds of issues. My HP tower runs great!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey DELL

Go here
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Old news.  

I think DFS is having "India" and "Dumbass" pains.  I don't know how much one is related to the other.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey DELL

Give it to me first, I'll give you a 30round mag for it I need a 2nd Command and Conquer computer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top