Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 8:02:12 PM EDT
from Drudge....

GERTZ: Al Qaeda seen planning for 'spectacular' attack; Intelligence agencies think danger is high to Inauguration Day... Developing...

this seems like a very likely time to attack.
I wouldn't really mind an inauguration held at The Lincoln Memorial or wherever, if it meant disrupting something real.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I wouldn't really mind an inauguration held at The Lincoln Memorial or wherever, if it meant disrupting something real.

Huh?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I mean, if they moved the Inauguration somewhere besides the Whitehouse at the last minute, based on specific threats, to safegaurd the incoming President.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
America is sleeping again... is our next wakeup call coming...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]
You mean they finally found the connection between the DNC and Al Qaeda?  

Took them long enough.

-LS
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn... even Al Qaeda is conceding that Bush will win the Election!  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Hold the Inauguration in Cheyenne Mountain, I seriously doubt Al-Queda could even scratch the Granite there.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm.. inaugural attack..

Nope. Still not worth electing Kerry.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#8]
There is always the issue of not letting it affect our lives, too much.
And things going on as planned.  
But damn, imagine something bad happening during a Presidential Inauguration.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#9]
President Cheney, eh?  Hmmmmm,.......he did choose a good running mate, didn't he.

Bush/Cheney - 2004

Courage
Commitment
Continuity
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:21:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I could be wrong, but I believe the inauguration is held at the Capitol Building, followed by a procession to the White House.  Also, I think that can be secured pretty well.

My guess is that if Al Qaeda is planning anything, it’ll be before the election in hopes of influencing it.

That said, the White House was obviously a target before, and no doubt will continue to be one for the indefinite future.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#12]
" Intelligence officials say a key figure in al Qaeda's North American operations is Adnan Shukrijumah, who is being sought by the FBI for the past several years.
   One official said Shukrijumah recently was seen in Mexico and earlier had been in Canada near a university with a nuclear reactor, leading to concerns that he was seeking radioactive material for a radiological bomb.
   The Mexican newspaper Proceso, quoting Mexican officials, reported earlier this month that Shukrijumah was being sought in northeastern Mexico after being tracked to Sonora in August. "

Interesting...  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:39:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I mean, if they moved the Inauguration somewhere besides the Whitehouse at the last minute, based on specific threats, to safegaurd the incoming President.

Ah, that would make sense.  I just didn't make the connection before.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#14]
... We're living in a society bent on instant gratification. Everything is now, now, now. Patience is a lost virtue in America. One thing President Bush stated early one in this war was that this was going to be a long fight, that the fight will be all over the globe and it will be unconventional. I'm old enough to remember what patience means. All good things come in time.

... We'll root out these terrorists. They didn't just pop up over night. Someday, my wish is that no formal organization will realize any benefit or value in bringing destruction to American soil. Knowing all the while, that as they're promoting the act of terrorism, the US Marines are on there way over to their homeland to smash everything they loved and stood for. It's call deterrence. And to earn that respect, it will take some patience.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

My guess is that if Al Qaeda is planning anything, it’ll be before the election in hopes of influencing it.

i don't think they're that stupid, they know we just get more hardassed when we're messed with on home soil.  you think W got a boost from rathergate, just see what happens with another domestic attack.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Innaguration happens on the steps of the Capitol building...

I was there for GW's...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh, as for assasinating Presidents:

Kill Bush, you get President Cheney

Kill Bush & Cheney you get President Hastert

Bush, Cheney & Hastert = President Rumsfeld

Any of those prospects look 'good' for the badguys?

I don't think so....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:05:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I don't think so....

Good point.
But, I think you give our enemies too much credit.
They are just like Democrats: anyone but Bush.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Damn... even Al Qaeda is conceding that Bush will win the Election!  

Just gotta love a positive person!!!!

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:18:18 AM EDT
[#21]
We know that our enemy is living among us and planning to kill a shitload of us again!! What is the next step? Why in the hell are we going to sit around and wait for them to move. Round em up and shake out the bad guys. Seal the borders until we regain control.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:21:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I don't think so....

Rumsfeld isn't that high up on the chain:

The Vice President Richard Cheney
Speaker of the House John Dennis Hastert
President pro tempore of the Senate1 Ted Stevens
Secretary of State Colin Powell
Secretary of the Treasury John Snow
Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld
Attorney General John Ashcroft
Secretary of the Interior Gale A. Norton
Secretary of Agriculture Ann M. Veneman
Secretary of Commerce Donald Evans
Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao
Secretary of Health and Human Services Tommy G. Thompson
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Alphonso Jackson
Secretary of Transportation Norman Yoshio Mineta
Secretary of Energy Spencer Abraham
Secretary of Education Roderick Paige
Secretary of Veterans Affairs Anthony J. Principi
Secretary of Homeland Security2 Tom Ridge

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#23]
They won't get within a mile of Bush...c'mon, you terrorist fucktards...BRING...IT!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:32:02 AM EDT
[#24]
I was thinkin,  you know what would be great.  Let Bush lose,  let the libs defeat him and have their way.  Let the next 4 years go to complete shit.  Let their be terrorist attacks with no reprocussion on our behalf.  Let their be suicide bombings,  liberals parading for peace and protesting to give them what they want so they'll leave us alone.    Then 3 years from now when America is on it's last string, about to fall,  let George come back and run again.  Let him prove that all the liberal hate towards him was wrong.  Let him prove how much better off we were when he was in office and let him bring America back.  His campaign platform should cosist of 1 priority.  Ridding the earth of each and every single muslim in the world.   A terrorist muslim or a peaceful one, they are all the same.  The terrorists kill, while the peaceful ones show their support with silence.  No troops besides air force pilots and the a few battleships will be needed because we are not going in to liberate, we are going in to destroy.  We don't want peace with muslims anymore.  Peace with muslims has not worked since the beginning of time.   I could deal with Bush for another 4 years,  hell I wouldn't mind if he stayed in office for then next 20 until we can solve this problem.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:37:45 AM EDT
[#25]
"developing on drudge"

if this is considered "developing" news, then drudge is waaaaaaaaaaaay behind the curve...

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize that from a terrorists viewpoint, anytime immediately prior to the election or during the inauguration itself would be an outstanding choice for an attack...

thats our media, buying and selling fear...

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I was thinkin,  you know what would be great.  Let Bush lose,  let the libs defeat him and have their way.  Let the next 4 years go to complete shit.  Let their be terrorist attacks with no reprocussion on our behalf.  Let their be suicide bombings,  liberals parading for peace and protesting to give them what they want so they'll leave us alone.    Then 3 years from now when America is on it's last string, about to fall,  let George come back and run again.  Let him prove that all the liberal hate towards him was wrong.  Let him prove how much better off we were when he was in office and let him bring America back.  His campaign platform should cosist of 1 priority.  Ridding the earth of each and every single muslim in the world.   A terrorist muslim or a peaceful one, they are all the same.  The terrorists kill, while the peaceful ones show their support with silence.  No troops besides air force pilots and the a few battleships will be needed because we are not going in to liberate, we are going in to destroy.  We don't want peace with muslims anymore.  Peace with muslims has not worked since the beginning of time.   I could deal with Bush for another 4 years,  hell I wouldn't mind if he stayed in office for then next 20 until we can solve this problem.

Problem is, Dumbacrats have historically thrown our military into a shit storm with not as much as a shovel.  Seems they are always willing to use them but cut the shit out of the numbers and equipment.

Just my take.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
President Rumsfeld

I would like to see this one day, without anyone currently in office having to die...

This man is outstanding!!

Bigfeet
Top Top