Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 6:26:07 AM EDT
Next post I see with poor me I live in a ban state I going to puke.
I wish people would quit using this poor me thing to get somebody to sell the a Preban lower for near nothing.
I sold a BM lower for $550. and I thought that was fair, since most of us spent $1000 plus on these.
If you live in a banned state and dont like it (and who would) move.

Poor me I wish somebody would sell me a Colt LEO for $600.
or and can you also sell me a Beta for $80. and
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:28:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:05:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Poor me too!......................................  The market will set it's own fair prices if people will just chill out and be willing to wait a while....................why the f**k everyone's in such a gadawful hurry to ad so called evil features that do nothing to improve the way a rifle performs is a mystery to many.................................     The ban is GONE for now so take a deep breath and relax a little
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:08:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wish people would quit using this poor me thing to get somebody to sell the a Preban lower for near nothing.
I sold a BM lower for $550. and I thought that was fair, since most of us spent $1000 plus on these.

Poor me as well.

The reason you payed $1k for a BM lower is due to a fundamental difference between the federal AWB and the AWB adopted by a few states. You sir are gouging the price.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

PULEASE!  Your "preban" is worthless.  Suck it up, sell it to a member in another state for the price of a NEW lower.  I just bought one from a member for $375, since it was a Colt and he wanted to replace it with such.  So now, your "preban" is no longer a preban, its a suckers lower.  Trade up to a NIB gun, which is virgin.  Just because you took a $1000 hit on it, that doesn't mean you're going to be able to turn it around for that much.  I'm shocked you even got $550 for your gun.  Consider yourself lucky.

EDIT: A Colt LEO is no longer in existance.  Unless you're talking full auto or some variance of it, the LEO's have gone the way of the do do and the 1994 Crime Control Bill.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#5]
POOR ME!

I wrote in BIG letters because I want extra big puke.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
[
PULEASE!  Your "preban" is worthless.

I'm not selling, so I'm not price gouging. Besides, they were all purchased face to face off paper (legal in Oh) , so they are worth more to ME than the 94-04 rifles that I bought ON paper.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:36:01 AM EDT
[#7]

I don't care what a product WAS worth, I care what it IS worth.  Most pseudo-intelligentsia on this board usually whine that "well, we paid a grand for that lower for the priveledge of having it, so you should too"

[buzzer] ehhhhhhh

from 94-04 there were no other lowers you could purchase and add evil features to.  Presently there are.  So your lowers are no lontger worth a grand, five hundred or even three hundred bucks.  

Lowers are worth only as much as their replacements now.  Except those with sentimental value, of course.

I call these peaople misery-profiteers.  But there are enough lowers out there for all of us crybaby's in banned states.  If anyone is having a problem locating a lower, let me know - I've got a sort of database of available lowers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#8]
While it's nice to find a short-term solution to the problem, i.e. buying out of state lowers, why not mobilize and push for a long-term solution?  that is, overturn the state level ban?  If you're saying it can't be done, you've already lost.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:42:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:51:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Its not the WTT or WTB its the pour me I live in a banned state part that Im talking about.

Sure you want a good price on a lower I dont blame you for that.
What you think you equipment is worth dosent mean thats what somebody else should sell you theres for.

quote/
EDIT: A Colt LEO is no longer in existance. Unless you're talking full auto or some variance of it, the LEO's have gone the way of the do do and the 1994 Crime Control Bill."

Or you want one and are willing to pay asking prices.

What makes preban BM lower different for people in banned states?

I don't care what a product WAS worth, I care what it IS worth"

And as far as the lower I sold I cant tell you the countless emails I got wanting to purchase the lower.
but not one of them stated poor me.

Your state laws suck! Try to get them change.
hell look at California
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Poor me as well, if only I had some Colt prebans...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh poor me as well...  you Dick.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#15]
poor me
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Poor me

Paul,
If these guys in NY etc. think they have it bad they should move to California?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Guess what guys. When we were ALL under the ban, some of us shelled out plenty of extra bucks to have weapons with the evil features and you guys didnt. Now you guys want people to eat it all and do you a FAVOUR.
Grow up.
If thats not good enough, wait a while and see what the market does.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:33:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Besides, they were all purchased face to face off paper (legal in Oh) , so they are worth more to ME than the 94-04 rifles that I bought ON paper.

waldo +1
off paper deals and sentimental rifles, of course, have special meaning and added value to the owner.  good point with the FTF.

BUT

When we were ALL under the ban, some of us shelled out plenty of extra bucks to have weapons with the evil features and you guys didnt.

I think this point has been covered already....  when you were ALL under teh ban there were no other options.  presently, the option are almost unlimited.  And the market HAS decided.  I've already picked up my share of 150$ lowers and 700$ rifles from people with actual souls outside of NY.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:04:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Poor me as well.

The reason you payed $1k for a BM lower is due to a fundamental difference between the federal AWB and the AWB adopted by a few states. You sir are gouging the price.

+1
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote/
I think this point has been covered already.... when you were ALL under teh ban there were no other options. presently, the option are almost unlimited. And the market HAS decided. I've already picked up my share of 150$ lowers and 700$ rifles from people with actual souls outside of NY.

That was my point/ so why all the poor me BS?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top