Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 12:55:58 PM EDT
Our little vist from Ivan is over, and now the runoff is in full swing, the rivers are taking boats & marinas out and we now have a *rogue tugboat* running amok and headed for downtown Pittsburgh (I don't make this up, I just repeat everything I hear on the radio!) Bridges are closed as the renegade 400 ton behemoth narrowly misses piers and abutments, oh the damage and havoc it could wreak! Would be like Hillary & Rosie in a sack race, will they make the corner? oh my ! all the humanity!!!!

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#1]
is the tugboat drifting or cruising?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
is the tugboat drifting or cruising?

Who knows? Radio didn't say... thank goodness the *drum roll please* EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER* has been activated! Stay inside! Save the children!

Quoted:
Tugs weigh 400 tons?

Who knows? Radio didn't say... thank goodness the *drum roll please* EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER* has been activated! Stay inside! Save the children! OMG THE TUG IS HEADED UP MY DRIVEWAY AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

(yes we have had flooding, but I have never heard so many newspeople trying to hype an event... you would think a giant asteroid impact had devastated the area...

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#4]
BAN TUG BOATS!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Our little vist from Ivan is over, and now the runoff is in full swing, the rivers are taking boats & marinas out and we now have a *rogue tugboat* running amok and headed for downtown Pittsburgh (I don't make this up, I just repeat everything I hear on the radio!) Bridges are closed as the renegade 400 ton behemoth narrowly misses piers and abutments, oh the damage and havoc it could wreak! Would be like Hillary & Rosie in a sack race, will they make the corner? oh my ! all the humanity!!!!

want me to come up and help you?  

i am in the burgh too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah?

Just wait until Charles the Choo Choo decides its "game on"!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the only right thing to do would be open target practice on the tugboat. Invite your neighbors. Do it for the children.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
BAN TUG BOATS!

+1   It's for the children !  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#9]
400 tons would be about right.  Not going to damage too much or be too haard to get taken care of under normal circumstance.  Most things at water level are bilt to withstand some bumping and banging.  Now if the water is way up and it hits something without that extra strength, and especially with a bunch of knots under it, then maybe it could be a problem, chemicaal or POL tanks, bridges,  loading facilities, but they aren't by themselves going to do too much damage
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
BAN TUG BOATS!

It's a pre ban tug or maybe just a thug tug.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Hmm, I drive a tug boat for a living and yes, if you put them on a really big scale, one might weigh 400 tons...but that's one hell of a tug boat...those need to banned....high capasity towing or something. No one needs but the government needs to tow something that far...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top