Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 10:55:14 AM EDT
I lifted a single body shower onto my back and walked it to the cabin for install ---
the wind blew it and like a sail it caught the wind and I tried to keep it in place --

Now my back hurts right over the left kidney area   --- is this a muscle problem or a bone hurt ???

Been hurting for the last three days ???

Damn it    -- over ten years no back problems and now this --- shit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I was helping my girlfriend move back into school i was lifting up the bed and ive been in pain for awhile now i went and saw the doc. She said i pulled my trap (ITS A TRAP!!) she gave me some muscle relax.. and said i should look into therapy. id goto the doc and see what they say dont mess around when it comes to your back
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Next time tell him not to leave it in there so long.......

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Hard to say, more than likly it is a pulled muscle....BUT with a back injuire you just never know....

See a Doc if it keeps on hurting you...soon...

My back is all screwed up, started with a 20ft fall onto concret in 1987, and never has been right since...

I can be walking and all of a sudden, I have no left leg, gone, completly gone, then it comes back....

good luck....
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Tissue damage.  The only bones in that area are your hip (below) ribs (above) and spine (center).

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like muscle, but a visit to an othopaedist will confirm.

I pulled a muscle this morning ... for about 4 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I lifted a single body shower onto my back and walked it to the cabin for install ---
the wind blew it and like a sail it caught the wind and I tried to keep it in place --

Now my back hurts right over the left kidney area   --- is this a muscle problem or a bone hurt ???

So, it's not over the spine, but to the side? Does the pain travel at all? any pain / numbness / tingling into the butt or down either leg? Any changes in bowel or bladder habits? Are you walking normally? Either leg feel weak or watery?

Any of the above is indicitave of a real disc injury. If it's purely localized pain without any radiation down the leg or such, there's a good chance that you just really tweaked a muscle.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The very best thing:

Hottest shower you can stand....

Let the water beat on the affected area for a few minutes.
Take 1600mm of Ibuprofen.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, it's not over the spine, but to the side? Does the pain travel at all? any pain / numbness / tingling into the butt or down either leg? Any changes in bowel or bladder habits? Are you walking normally? Either leg feel weak or watery?

Any of the above is indicitave of a real disc injury. If it's purely localized pain without any radiation down the leg or such, there's a good chance that you just really tweaked a muscle.

Thanks to all --- that is good news

A muscle will heal kinda fast --------- gives me hope
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The very best thing:

Hottest shower you can stand....

Let the water beat on the affected area for a few minutes.
Take 1600mm of Ibuprofen.

Ibuprofen ------ I have taken it and it helps  alot ...........thanks bro.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Never apply heat to inflamed muscles.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Do the shower trick, it really works.

So does liquor.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

After as many days as he claims, it's ok.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#13]
A number of things could have happened.

Muscle spasm from hyper extension.

You could have pinched a nerve, the nerve bundles exit the side of you spine between the vertibre, hyper extension combined with rotation can pinch thes bundles.

Contrary to some advice, cold is often best, just like a muscle sprain or injury.

Best bet is see the doc.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#14]
You could have pinched a nerve, the nerve bundles exit the side of you spine between the vertibre, hyper extension combined with rotation can pinch thes bundles.
I wondered about this ------------ is it a tempory thing or something that will persist for a long time ..?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#15]
<sigh>

Dammit....I am going to do this for you Cyanide, but only this once.  ANd in 24 hours I will delete this posts so it can never be used against me.

You have a pulled muscle.

Ibupropfen is good, but try this also.

Go to the store and get some fresh whole Ginger root and some tea bags.   Cut some ginger into a cup, about 3-5 slices.  Add tea bag and hot water....and a dallop of whiskey to taste.  Ginger is a very strong nateral muscle relaxant when used fresh.  It also has a strong odor, but use as much as you can.  It will help.

There are other herbs that are also nateral muscle relaxants but I am ASSuming you already know that.

Sgtar15

This post will self desruct in 24 hours
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks sarge

"I would do it for you also"
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Thanks sarge

just stfu....

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
<sigh>

Dammit....I am going to do this for you Cyanide, but only this once.  ANd in 24 hours I will delete this posts so it can never be used against me.

You have a pulled muscle.

Ibupropfen is good, but try this also.

Go to the store and get some fresh whole Ginger root and some tea bags.   Cut some ginger into a cup, about 3-5 slices.  Add tea bag and hot water....and a dallop of whiskey to taste.  Ginger is a very strong nateral muscle relaxant when used fresh.  It also has a strong odor, but use as much as you can.  It will help.

There are other herbs that are also nateral muscle relaxants but I am ASSuming you already know that.

Sgtar15

This post will self desruct in 24 hours

Really???

SOFTIE!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks sarge

just stfu....

Sgtar15

Hey get a room already!!!  You know you  LOVE   each other!!...  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok, time to let the "cat" out of the bag ----------- Sgtar15 is my brother.

Sorry sarge -- had to let them know.....

Tell the folks I will be there that weekend.............
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#21]
If it's muscle see a DR.

If it's skeletal see a chiropractor.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#22]
My suggestion would be to go see a chiropractor first.  I recently had a nerve type pain that went around my shoulder blade and all the way down the back of my arm.  My little finger was numb and I lost all the strength in my hand for a week.  The first chiro I went to wasn't getting the job done so I went back to a guy I had seen before my insurance plan changed.  Cost me some money but he showed me on the x-rays where the actual problem was in my neck.  He had me feeling much better within a week.  Also, he had me try some magnesium citrate powder.  Tasted like alka-seltzer.  Works as a natural anti-inflammatory.  It really worked!  Felt better within 10 minutes of taking the first dose.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Ok, time to let the "cat" out of the bag ----------- Sgtar15 is my brother.

Sorry sarge -- had to let them know.....

Tell the folks I will be there that weekend.............

I kinda thought you two were related all along, but the way you fight I was thinking you were married. I just could not figure out which one was the bitch!!

Sounds like you may be having some problems with the ole sciatica nerve. You need to get it checked out because it can be bad news.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I never had any back pain either and I did a lot of lifting.  One day vacuuming under the bed I twisted my back and couldn't get out of bed for a few days.  Turned out a herniated disk was the problem and nerve pressure was causing pain.  Still there mildly.  Maybe see a chiro and get an x-ray.  Not recommending chiros just think it might be the cheaper way.  Anyway my pain has always been over the kidney area.  Disc should heal if you do a little therapy.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

AMEN to that!

Find a Chiropractor!
Let him take some X-Rays to rule out any serious injury........then let him do some easy Orthopedic/Neurologic tests to be sure that it's a less serious injury.
Once the Chiro has ruled out the serious stuff let them work the spine for a few days.
It's worth it!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd second the motrin, but what is 1600mm? If Cincinnatis means 1600mg, thats a shitload I'd try half of that. Good luck, hope its just a pulled muscle.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like the wind caught it and you twisted to acomodate and twisted your back muscles!

You can do the same thing by not bending your legs when you lift!

I hurt my back muscles once and just kept on working till I couldn't stand erect anymore!!

Went to a Chiro and he exrayed my back and showed me the exrays!!  My muscles were showing up on the exrays!!!

Muscels don't normally show up on exrays but because I wouldn't shut down  by myself,the brain was flooding my back muscels with calcium to stiffin me up and shut me down!!

He gave me placibo calcium and put me at rest and my back sraightened up!!!

You hurt yourself enough the old brain will take over to put you at rest!!

When I take a shower I take the last part of it with the shower head pointed at my lower back as hot as I can stand it while arms outstreched on the other wall while leaning in a slow walk!!

Works for me even after crawling off a roof after putting on  many squares of shingles!~!

Bob
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
My suggestion would be to go see a chiropractor first.  Good luck.

DO NOT DO THIS   Listen to the good DR.sgtar. REALLY!

AB
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Chiros DO NOT know enough to evaluate serious back issues.  ANd they can't do shit for muscles.

And disks DONT HEAL!

SGtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top