Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 2:40:34 PM EDT
Well, I was lucky. Got my power back yesterday afternoon and my cable/internet back about two hours ago. There was a few tense moments here. The eye changed direction just as it came up on us here in South Mobile. We were in the eye for just a few minutes. A few of the guys from the base live in Pensacola and were not so lucky. Lots of Post Storm flying is being done and will continue for some time. The destruction just to the east of us is beyond description till it's seen in person. I fear we really don't even know the worst of it yet.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear you're okay. One of my best friends is in the USAF in Biloxi, used to be in Tampa. He said that he's talked to some guys who have lost everything but the clothes on their backs.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it's a bad scene over , thank God, we turned out ok.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel real lucky,

Lost the top of two Oak trees, a basket ball goal, and a wood fence. That was it in my West Mobile home. But across the Bay in Mullet Point I was not so lucky. Lost a pier and bulk head.

I was on the bay at Ft Whitteing (directly across from the CG base that was abbandoned)during the storm with TF 5 and it got pretty exciting being that close to the water.

But we got real lucky at the last second to the expense of our brothers to the East.

Saddly our local media seemes dissapointed that we faired so well.......

They kept saying over and over during the storm that this would be historical in the fact that it was the largest storm to hit Alabama in quite some time. I am so glad I have cable again....
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#4]
After this, I really hate the media. It seems like they get off on this shit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Lawdog and the lawpups are all fine.  At home we had many branches, limbs and decorative plants damages but, thank God, no damage to the home and everyone in our family and our friends are all OK.  Our restaurant in downtown mobile still does not have power yet and I estimate we lost at least several thousand dollars of meat, seafood and produce.  Anyone have any pull with Alabama Power??  I sure could use the power to do business; otherwise... well, we are hopeful that by sometime next week power is restored and we can reopen.

Take care Alabama brothers and if there is anything I can do to help out a brother in Florida (P'cola) just let me know.

Lawdog
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad you made it through and got your power back quickly.
Its been a rough go for the past few weeks down there....hopefully it will all be over in a another month!

Stay dry and safe
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad you're OK. Looks really unhappy down there....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top