Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 7:48:24 AM EDT
Just curious.

I've spent a couple of hours a day at a buddy's gunshop the last three days (We're going in on a "Mass Quantity' buy of AR' parts and are trying to figure out what we're gonna get) and in the three days I've been in there I think 1 guy out of the 60 or 70 people I've seen HASN'T been there to buy an AR or to up-grade a post-ban gun.

My buddy's shop is pretty small and in the past  (Like LAST week) I could hang out for a couple of hours and maybe nobody'd come in or someone would come and ask about rings for a scope or something non AR'.  NOW, it's a steady stream and they're "ALL" wanting AR's.

What's even more encouraging is that over half of these guys don't own AR's and are just now wanting one because of all the publicity of the sunset (Thanks Diane and Chuck).  I know it's not gonna last but it's been fun to watch this week and was just wonderin' if the rest of you are seeing the same things in your neck of the woods?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Where in Oregon??
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#2]
It sure the hell is, I've had 6 people ask me about where to go to get one, whats the "best" to get, whats a good price all sorts of stuff.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Where in Oregon??

Salem.

Over at Micks at MLC.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:53:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:02:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Went to Cheaper than Dirt! monday and man did they get cleaned out.  I arrived about 1400 and spoke with one of the guys that worked there, he said they got hit early in the morning and most of the good stuff was gone.  I did pick up my high cap glock mags though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#6]
At a gunstore that I go to they had a shitload of LEO Colt AR15A3 Carbines. I was there three times that day and a friend of mine was there when they were about to close. When I was first there the rack was LINED with them plus 9mm AR`s and GB Mini 14`s.

When my friend went the rack was damn near empty!

Good thing I secured mine on my third trip!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Nope, everyone that wanted an AR could always get and AR.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I've seen at least 10 people who never had one talk to me about mine and show intrest in buying one.  The people who already did have them (myself included) are getting more.  As the saying goes "Buy Both!"
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Well iran out and bought the military configuration AR-15 i wanted since the ban took effect!

And a lot more people are saying out loud that they owned one all along, that were hush, hush about it before like they should have been ashamed to admit it!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Stopped by a local shop yesterday to ask about stripped lowers.  Response I got was a snooty,

"We don't care that sort of thing and no, we won't order it either".
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I bough my No-Ban AR this week out of the back of an ice cream truck...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#12]
My local Gun shop is Anti Assault type weapons, and up'd the price on 10/22 mags.
So I dont shop there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Stopped by a local shop yesterday to ask about stripped lowers.  Response I got was a snooty,

Response for  Dick's Gun Shop: Well, I don't care for peckerheads with attitudes like yours, pal, so we're even.
No, wait a minute... I won't be spending my money in your store because of your arrogance, so you lose, asshole.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Proper response:  You don't sell modern firearms here?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#15]
No one Is Flooding In to the gun shop over here But I Bet The would If the Guy would Lower His Prices.
The Gun shop Has alot of 50 Bmg,AR15,FAL,M1A,HK,AK And bull Pups But The Guys Prices Are Out Of this World. He Has Got Some really Nice Rifles And Crappy USA brand Ar15 Mags That He Sells For $30 to $35 Each and $5 Fal Mags For $35 Who is Going To Buy The Crap At Those Prices. I will go In to The Guys store to buy Hoge Grips and A couple 20 round Boxes of Q313A Ammo  Just To Help the Guy Stay In Buisness .
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
No one Is Flooding In to the gun shop over here But I Bet The would If the Guy would Lower His Prices.
The Gun shop Has alot of 50 Bmg,AR15,FAL,M1A,HK,AK And bull Pups But The Guys Prices Are Out Of this World. He Has Got Some really Nice Rifles And Crappy USA brand Ar15 Mags That He Sells For $30 to $35 Each and $5 Fal Mags For $35 Who is Going To Buy The Crap At Those Prices. I will go In to The Guys store to buy Hoge Grips and A couple 20 round Boxes of Q313A Ammo  Just To Help the Guy Stay In Buisness .

Which shop?  You can IM me the answer if you don't want to post it.  Thx.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top