Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 5:01:28 AM EDT
Woman arrested for allegedly ordering murder of two patrons

Friday September 17, 2004
WESTMINSTER, Calif. (AP) A 20-year-old waitress has been arrested for allegedly ordering the slayings of two customers who allegedly made rude remarks and tried to grab her as she served them drinks, authorities said.

Ngan Thi Bich Vo was arrested at her Westminster home on Tuesday as she was preparing to flee to Vietnam, police said. The woman's boyfriend, wanted for questioning in connection with the Aug. 16 killings, may have left the country.

Police also arrested Danny Tran, 23, of Garden Grove and Long Le, 22, of Westminster, who were allegedly in the shooter's getaway car. Each has been charged with two counts of murder and with gang enhancements. Bail was set at $1 million each, police said.

Vo, Le and Tran will be arraigned in Westminster on Friday.

Vo was among three people named in a murder complaint stemming from the shooting of Tri Thanh Phan, 38, of Fountain Valley and Kurt Martinsen, 29, of Lake Forest at a Vietnamese nightclub in Garden Grove.

Authorities said Vo called her boyfriend and asked him to intervene. She told her boyfriend, who was at another nightclub, that she felt the two customers had insulted her by tugging on her skirt and trying to flirt with her, said Garden Grove Police Lt. Mike Handfield.

``She was highly upset, and that may have been the anger that caused this,'' Handfield said. ``She called and facilitated the murders. There is evidence that suggested that she took part in a message to `take care of business.'''

A lone gunman walked into the crowded restaurant, strode past four tables and opened fire. Police said the gunman then ran out of the restaurant and jumped into a car in which two men were waiting.

Phan and Martinsen, who had reportedly bought the waitress a rose as a gesture of apology shortly before they were shot, died at the scene.

Police said they were still searching for the weapon and four other people, including Vo's boyfriend. The boyfriend, who has previous drug convictions, is believed to have left the country shortly after he was interviewed by police, officials said.

might want to rethink that whole tipping strategy...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:12:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:13:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Border control, Dammit!!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:13:09 AM EDT
[#3]
what a bich!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
what is vietnamese for "wing hunt"?

"Ngan Thi Bich Vo"

She put the Bich in BITCH!  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:13:46 AM EDT
[#5]
John Kerry would have pursued the ne'er-do-wells all the way to Cambodia!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:16:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:19:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

WESTMINSTER, Calif. (AP) A 20-year-old waitress has been arrested for allegedly ordering the slayings of two customers who allegedly made rude remarks and tried to grab her as she served them drinks, authorities said.

Ngan Thi Bich Vo was arrested at her Westminster home on Tuesday as she was preparing to flee to Vietnam, police said. The woman's boyfriend, wanted for questioning in connection with the Aug. 16 killings, may have left the country.

Police also arrested Danny Tran, 23, of Garden Grove and Long Le, 22, of Westminster, who were allegedly in the shooter's getaway car. Each has been charged with two counts of murder and with gang enhancements. Bail was set at $1 million each, police said.

Vo was among three people named in a murder complaint stemming from the shooting of Tri Thanh Phan, 38, of Fountain Valley and Kurt Martinsen, 29, of Lake Forest at a Vietnamese nightclub in Garden Grove.

Authorities said Vo called her boyfriend and asked him to intervene. She told her boyfriend, who was at another nightclub, that she felt the two customers had insulted her by tugging on her skirt and trying to flirt with her, said Garden Grove Police Lt. Mike Handfield.

``She was highly upset, and that may have been the anger that caused this,'' Handfield said. ``She called and facilitated the murders. There is evidence that suggested that she took part in a message to `take care of business.'''

A lone gunman walked into the crowded restaurant, strode past four tables and opened fire. Police said the gunman then ran out of the restaurant and jumped into a car in which two men were waiting.

Phan and Martinsen, who had reportedly bought the waitress a rose as a gesture of apology shortly before they were shot, died at the scene.

Police said they were still searching for the weapon and four other people, including Vo's boyfriend. The boyfriend, who has previous drug convictions, is believed to have left the country shortly after he was interviewed by police, officials said.

Nice to see those PRK gun laws working so well...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:39:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
John Kerry would have pursued the ne'er-do-wells all the way to Cambodia!

Even on Christmas eve.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:40:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd rather walk right into south central naked and covered in bbq sauce than to walk into some parts of westminister well armed
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:41:26 AM EDT
[#10]
No Happy Ending for those customers.

I guess it's better to be arrested for being a bad tipper.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:29:25 AM EDT
[#11]
She could have just shit in their stew , and made everybody sick to death, like another Asian waitress did a few weeks ago...link, anybody?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#12]
wasn't one of these guys home on leave? i believe this happened a year or so ago. Could find no gang connections to the crime. Also thought it occured in long beach.
dano
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice to see those PRK gun laws working so well...

Yeah, are they sure it wasn't a .50 cal?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn, Westminster's up the road from where I live.

I knew Viet women were far from docile, but this is some scary shit.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
what a bich!

Geez +1
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#16]
I've gotten my ass grabbed by customers before, and it's insulting, degrading, and humiliating.

I would NOT kill them, but after work hours, a right hook to their jaw is something I'd definitely consider.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#17]
It's amazing how many wackos are in Kali.  That place is going to hell.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Moral of the story!
Mess with Viet women!   You Die!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Shit. The moral of the story is that if you are of different Ethnicity (sp?) and start gropping women of different Ethnic (sp?) you are asking for trouble period.

If a black man come to a redneck Country Bar and start gropping its women what would likely to happens? or a white guy come into a Harlem Jazz Club or anyone coming into a Latino Club in East LA and to do the same, you wouldn't come out alive period.

Don't go where you don't belong. Period. But if you do....then behave.

But Killing somoene just for that is pure stupidity. No excuse.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#20]
She reminds me of the chicks during the war.  They'd give ya the ol' licky licky then fry your banana!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
what is vietnamese for "wing hunt"?

"Ngan Thi Bich Vo"

She put the Bich in BITCH!  

I think there is a typo.

It's  "Ngan, The Bitch Ho"
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Shit. The moral of the story is that if you are of different Ethnicity (sp?) and start gropping women of different Ethnic (sp?) you are asking for trouble period.

If a black man come to a redneck Country Bar and start gropping its women what would likely to happens? or a white guy come into a Harlem Jazz Club or anyone coming into a Latino Club in East LA and to do the same, you wouldn't come out alive period.

Don't go where you don't belong. Period. But if you do....then behave.

But Killing somoene just for that is pure stupidity. No excuse.

uhhh, one of the guys murdered was vietnamese.

Vo was among three people named in a murder complaint stemming from the shooting of Tri Thanh Phan, 38
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
you touch skirt you di!

di di di did di di di!!!

She no love THEM long time lol.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Twenty bucks says that was not a normal nightclub. More likely, one of those Vietnamese "hospitality bars," which is one step above whorehouse. The girls are illegals brought in from Vietnam and China. They serve as waitresses and part-time hookers. I used to work with a Vietnamese guy who spent a large portion of his paycheck at one of those places every weekend down in San Jose. He told me the girls serve the booze and then sit down with the customers. If the guy is a good tipper, the girls let him play a little grabass. Real good tippers get a trip to the local motel. He sometimes spent $1,000 a week there. Also kind of funny, is they have the same deal going on in Chinese restaurants in places you would not think it would happen. By day, they are normal Chinese restaurants. By night, they are rented out to Vietnamese gangs for "hospitality services." I sometimes think the local police turn their heads to this kind of activity for fear of being branded racists.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
wasn't one of these guys home on leave? i believe this happened a year or so ago. Could find no gang connections to the crime. Also thought it occured in long beach.
dano

Different incident.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#26]
accusations of racism only work if you're black or latino. the media don't give a shit if you're asian.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Damn, Westminster's up the road from where I live.

I knew Viet women were far from docile, but this is some scary shit.

Hawaiian Cafeteria Restaurant is in Garden Grove, just up the street.  It's closed for remodeling.  This happened 30 days ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top