Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 5:04:56 PM EDT
Academy started stocking Bushmaster rifles.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
They're building an Academy near here... first on in the state I believe.

I hope they're worth a damn.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow. I'll have to go check that out.  I don't buy firearms from them because they don't, well didn't allow me to buy and walk the same day even though I have my CHL(CCW everywhere else)  They were trying to do the wait period thing.  I told them go fly a kite...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What part of TX?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wow. I'll have to go check that out.  I don't buy firearms from them because they don't, well didn't allow me to buy and walk the same day even though I have my CHL(CCW everywhere else)  They were trying to do the wait period thing.  I told them go fly a kite...

That's wierd... I bought my CZ pistol at an Academy down here in Round Rock.  No CHL.  I was out the door in about 40 minutes.   A manager did walk me out the door before I had the box in my hands.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's wierd... I bought my CZ pistol at an Academy down here in Round Rock.  No CHL.  I was out the door in about 40 minutes.   A manager did walk me out the door before I had the box in my hands.  

I was told it's by managers discretion.  Like I care.  It was an impulse purchase anyways.  I have heard of others having the same problem though...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet, I have an Academy right next door to my work.  Wonder what else they will start carrying...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I have found, in the past, that Academy offers fair prices on firearms.  I have made two long gun purchases from them and they were excellent deals.  Granted, the counter help was equivelent to that of a fast food drive through but I still appreciate their pricing schedule.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Holy cow!  That's awsome news!

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:24:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy cow!  That's awsome news!

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Good news unless you own a gun store close by!!!

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What part of TX?

Houston
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sorry, but when I see "Academy", I think "Service Academy".....

What "Academy" is this? It certainly sounds cool, especially since I may be moving to Texas soon!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

What "Academy" is this?  

Its a sporting goods store.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What "Academy" is this?  

ark-and-spark!  Wow!  I thought you got banned!  How are you?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#14]
My academy sells glocks, rugers, Llama's, and some S&W. Misc bolt guns. Kinda a santized liberal friendly gun store. And its in TX. The one in grapevine.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was told it's by managers discretion.  Like I care.  It was an impulse purchase anyways.  I have heard of others having the same problem though...

This seems like a dumb idea to me. I mean how many sales are they losing because they are killing the impulse gun buyer?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn. Never heard of them!

Last I heard of a sporting goods store selling guns was back when Sports Authority did it!

KEWAL!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Which Academy location?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Damn. Never heard of them!

Last I heard of a sporting goods store selling guns was back when Sports Authority did it!

KEWAL!

I'm not certain where you're planning on moving to, Zaphod, but most places around here sell whatever you're interested in.

Where are you coming from?

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#19]
If all goes well, I'm coming from Miami to Laredo.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What "Academy" is this?  

Banned I dont think I have ever been banned maybe kicked off for a day or two but never banned.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I have found, in the past, that Academy offers fair prices on firearms.  I have made two long gun purchases from them and they were excellent deals.  Granted, the counter help was equivelent to that of a fast food drive through but I still appreciate their pricing schedule.

I resent that statement.  I am definately not fast food material.  I worked behind the counter at one of the stores in Austin throughout college and I feel that I am very gun savy.  In fact, most of the guys I worked with were very knowledgeable with the firearms.  

On another point, the policy at our store was if you got an ok from nics, we sold the gun.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Great...and me with an academy card with a $1000 limit....
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Larado is a fine town.  You'll be happy there, sir.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What "Academy" is this?  

Banned I dont think I have ever been banned maybe kicked off for a day or two but never banned.

My apologies.  My recollection isn't 100%.  My intention was to welcome you and express gratitude.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I resent that statement.  I am definately not fast food material.  I worked behind the counter at one of the stores in Austin throughout college and I feel that I am very gun savy.  In fact, most of the guys I worked with were very knowledgeable with the firearms.  

On another point, the policy at our store was if you got an ok from nics, we sold the gun.

If I was shopping at the Austin store then maybe you'd have some grounds to debate.  However, the Arlingotn store during 2000-2002 sucked harder than Amsterdam hookers.  The service blew and customer service was less than that of fuckin' Chuck-E-Cheese.

Austin may have been squared away but Arlington sucked.  Biiiiiig time!

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Larado is a fine town.  You'll be happy there, sir.

You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that. I posted over on the Texas hometown forum and got one, count it: ONE, response!

P.S. - and don't call me sir. I'm no longer an officer, and I'm not that old!

ETA: HOT DAMN! There's an Academy in Laredo!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What "Academy" is this?  

My apologies.  My recollection isn't 100%.  My intention was to welcome you and express gratitude.

No apologies needed here, when I do something others dont like Im damn happy to rock the boat.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

You haven't been to Laredo?  I hope you like country and friendly people.  You're in for a treat!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm looking for friendly people, open ranges, clear skies, and cheap cost-of-living.

I'm fleeing Miami due to divorce, and while my kids will still be in that cesspit, I am hoping to find some peace in the desert and open country.

I hope to visit Laredo in the next week or two, and may even accept the position sight-unseen (my would-be boss and his boss are killer-awesome people).

I'm sitting on pins and needles as they will be interviewing one last guy tomorrow, and I'm in the lead!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm looking for friendly people, open ranges, clear skies, and cheap cost-of-living.

I'm fleeing Miami due to divorce, and while my kids will still be in that cesspit, I am hoping to find some peace in the desert and open country.

I hope to visit Laredo in the next week or two, and may even accept the position sight-unseen (my would-be boss and his boss are killer-awesome people).

I'm sitting on pins and needles as they will be interviewing one last guy tomorrow, and I'm in the lead!

Good luck Zaphod.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I saw a Bushie in Academy today. An M-4 with an Izzie brake and a 20" A2
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I can hear you quite clearly with that situation.  If the people you work for are that wonderful then take the job PDQ!

You sir, are in for a treat!

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:53:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Went to my Academy today, the gunshow was canceled because of the huricane.  They had a Bushy 16 inch M4profile with an A2 upper and fixed M4 stock.  All for $799.  I was pretty stoked to see it.  Also had am A2 with "treebark" furniture and no flash supressor.  I know it's going to go bad for them because no one is going to buy the neutered post ban stuff.  

I love Academy, all of my hobbies (exceot SCUBA) under one roof.  Good survival/camping stuff, I get most of my ammo there.  All of my fishing stuff
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Chuck Schumer is fuming.

Academy Sports sucks.

Chuck and I say: Screw you!

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Chuck Schumer is fuming.

Academy Sports sucks.

Chuck and I say: Screw you!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top